Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion for Mod tweaks and changes

Zoh_Veldae

There are several mods whose effects are, honestly, completely unusable. Instead of letting them take space without seeing any action, it would be better to rework them with more relevant effects.

Below I will list several mods that I see have really no good use or could use some tweaking to their effects to be truly useful:

Peculiar mods (Peculiar Bloom & Peculiar Growth)

350?cb=20180423230829350?cb=20180519051102
    Suggested change: Remove the capacity drain completely AND remove leveling entirely.
    Reason: These are JOKE mods. It's bad enough that they take a MOD SPACE, having them ALSO require Endo, Credits and mod capacity as well is just ridiculous and unintuitive. Either change them to not impact actual game limitations or just change them to another equippable item (like the upcoming Ephemeras).

Combustion Beam

latest?cb=20171007145329
    Suggested Change: Add a damage bonus equal to percentage of victim's health/shields.
    Reason: The mod just barely functions in low tier missions and is entirely pointless in high levels. Changing the damage calculation will actually give it some utility AND make the compatible weapons slightly more viable.

Concealed Explosives/Thunderbolt

latest?cb=20171008162125latest?cb=20171007155113
    Suggested change: Change the fix damage to percent of total damage of the weapon where it's modded to.
    Reason: Concealed Explosives is very useful to get Chroma's Vex Armor to adequate buffing levels without having to rely on enemy fire.... and that's about it. The fact that the explosions themselves are a fix 250 Blast damage makes it completely useless everywhere else except the lowest leveled missions. Changing it to scale with the weapon it's on will most likely give it some more use by the player base.

Fired Up

latest?cb=20171007150447
    Suggested Change: Make this a mod available to ANY weapon with a wind-up (ex.: Soma, Gorgon, Tenora, etc)
    Reason: The mechanic itself is interesting but rarely noticeable unless you actually bother to use the Deth Machine Gun.

Quick Thinking/Gladiator Finesse

latest?cb=20180225092910latest?cb=20171030145702
    Suggested change: Remove the stagger effect
    Reason: Just.... just remove it, please. It's gotten me killed more times than I can bother to count and I can guarantee you that is NOT what anyone expects from a mod that's SUPPOSED to save your life. Also, sometimes the damage just seems to bypass the mod entirely, even when we CLEARLY have enough energy to save ourselves, fix that too.

Reflex Guard

latest?cb=20171007154057
    Suggested Change: Have the auto-guard function only active while the Melee weapon is brandished (right now, it interrupts shooting) OR have the auto-guard function work in the same way as Excalibur's Exalted Blade auto-guard. (can still attack while guarding)
    Reason: This mod in particular isn't used because it has absolutely no benefit, only downsides. The damage most melee weapons can block is absolutely minimal and the fact that it interrupts your firing just kills any little utility the mod could have. Ideally, also merge the effects of the "Reflection" mod into this one but remove the channeling cost.

Retribution

latest?cb=20180123234056
    Suggested change: Change it to perform a radial blast for electric damage around the player when shields are depleted (similar to Revenant's ability, but with longer reach) and increase the damage OR base it on the total shields of the warframe using it.
    Reason: I have never seen anyone actively use this mod and after trying it myself, I can clearly see why. The concept is interesting, but the execution is less than appealing.

Scan Matter

latest?cb=20181109005850
    Suggested change: Change effect to "Scans and collects plants and Kavat genetic codes"
    Reason: The current effect is completely useless. "Animal Instinct" already does this better and without any duration to it. And since having Helios' "Investigator" do it would feel kinda off, I suggest having this mod be the one to collect plants and genetic codes. Possibly will facilitate future updates involving these things.

Tek Gravity

latest?cb=20181130034711
    Suggested change: Have the Marked Zone instead be "ignited" by a slam attack and start pulling enemies towards itself for its duration.
    Reason: The effect itself looked amazing when I read it. Attempting to implement it in my gameplay revealed that it was the absolute opposite of what I expected. The pull only occurs for EACH slam attack performed inside the marked zone. Sometimes it triggers on attacks that aren't exactly Slam attacks, like some moves in a basic Heavy Blade combo that hit the floor. Just having it "activate" the pull effect and have it constantly pull enemies (at a slower pace than the 1 slam pull method, obviously) will probably make the mod a bit more viable. Having to play wack-a-mole with finding a Marked Area to "activate" will probably still be bothersome, but only having to do it once per Area will more than compensate for it.

Undying Will/Provoked

latest?cb=20171007155201latest?cb=20171007153937
    Suggested Change: Reduce the values a bit a merge them into a single mod.
    Reason: Having to pick between both of these is a nightmare. And that's when there IS a reason to pick either at all. Only Inaros can kinda make use them and having to spend 2 mod slots for both effects just makes it that more unappealing. Make 2 into 1 and perhaps people might start using them more often (or at least Inaros users will)

I'm only listing non-augment mods here because those would require their own post and pondering on. These are just my suggestions to give use to some unused mods.

And for now that's all I can put on words. Any suggestions or other criticism you may have, you're free to reply.

Thank you for your time and have a good one!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

Make 2 into 1 and perhaps people might start using them more often (or at least Inaros users will)

We won't for the simple fact that we won't/don't die and any damage increase won't help the pitifully low base damage the bleed out does.

But other than that i agree with everything you've suggested.

3 hours ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

These are JOKE mods.

Yes, and?

having them ALSO require Endo, Credits and mod capacity as well is just ridiculous and unintuitive

Ridiculous and unintuitive to make mods require Credits and Endo to rank up? Really?

even when we CLEARLY have enough energy to save ourselves, fix that too.

AFAIK, the result would be you totally drained of energy and 2 life. You would be dead anyways, the game just doesn't take your energy completely. Something that turns Energy into an extra life bar that you can replenish with numerous gear items, frame abilities, weapons, Arcanes, etc. is going to have a high cost. If not stagger, something that affects you, the player, then what would you suggest?

41 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

AFAIK, the result would be you totally drained of energy and 2 life. You would be dead anyways, the game just doesn't take your energy completely. Something that turns Energy into an extra life bar that you can replenish with numerous gear items, frame abilities, weapons, Arcanes, etc. is going to have a high cost. If not stagger, something that affects you, the player, then what would you suggest?

Truly, the most stupid argument against removing the stagger on QT I have read, when the base life bar itself can also be replenished with numerous gear items, frame abilities, weapons, Arcanes etc with no annoying stagger.

If anything, energy can be harder to restore than life when you actually get everything you would need. I mean, Magus Repair, Nourish and Elevate exist even if you don't want Grace.

Trading away the energy that could be used to cast potentially useful abilities is big enough of a cost for a mod like QT. Not to mention it takes up a mod slot that could have been used for something else and mostly requires primed flow to be useful, eating up another mod slot.