The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Rep Limit carry-over system

Showerwalker

Considering people complaining about being progress-walled by daily rep limit or being forced into daily login-logout grinds.

and while DE saying the limit is intended for bug/exploit prevention and burn-out. (think it was scott in a QnA)

I thought a simple solution could be implementing a carry-over system, basically the rep you didn't earn yesterday will be added to today's rep limit i.e. earning only 2k out of 10k yesterday will allow you to earn 8k + 10k today. Depending on how generous DE is, we can have carry-overs lasting up to 5 days for people that are free only on the weekends.

This way people will have more choice over their free time, and not feel like they're falling behind when they do take a break.

I'm not sure if the system will be changed anytime soon, and personally I'm very skeptical of the feedback section, but I'm still curious of you guys think.

Sorry if this has been talked about before, thanks for reading!

Edit: for some clarity, carry-over system have a time limit, say carry-over last 1 day as the first example i made above, not playing 7 days in a roll will not have you end up with 7 x 10k reps limit on the day you log in but still 10k + 10k reps <-- the rep limit for today, plus the day before, hence 1-day carry over. It's so that people who can't play on some days can still achieve as much as someone who plays everyday within the same number of days, but not more.

Edited by Showerwalker
clarity
  • Like 2

Pretty sure this suggestion appeared before, or at least a similar version of it.

Anyway, I would have to say no to it... sorry.

Personally I play a lot more during weekends for obvious reasons. Most syndicates currently do have ways for you to obtain daily standing without having to require a lot of effort on the particular day.

For example, you can buy debts from ticker or just grind for those, grind up a ton of cuthol for cetus, grind up a lot of cores and toroids for quills and little duck during the days you have time to play. You can then just login and max out your daily with all the prepared material during those days you aren't as free, its probably gonna take you less than 5 minutes to just sell all the fish/debts/cores/toroids to the respective syndicate.

At least personally, I was reasonably busy during the weekdays when fortuna was dropped, pretty much just did most of the grind during my days off and login to the game and gain standing from the already farmed items while eating my meals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

But if there's a carry over, there's no point in having a cap.  It totally negates the point of a cap on the system.

edited my OP, I don't think the carry over would negates the point of daily cap, it doesn't give you extra reps, but intended just so you can recover some that you have missed, so you're not urged to log on everyday. the total you can get over time is still the same.

2 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

-snip-

I mainly thought of this because of the rep grind for baruuk, and feel like everyday i'm not earning rep is 1 additional day away from getting him, but I totally see what you mean and I think I agree. I don't think my idea is the best, just thought I'd share it, thanks for the nice reply!

9 minutes ago, Showerwalker said:

edited my OP, I don't think the carry over would negates the point of daily cap, it doesn't give you extra reps, but intended just so you can recover some that you have missed, so you're not urged to log on everyday. the total you can get over time is still the same.

But, that is the point of the daily cap.  They want you coming back and earning it, otherwise people will get max standing in 3 or 4 binge sittings.

Just now, MagPrime said:

But, that is the point of the daily cap.  They want you coming back and earning it, otherwise people will get max standing in 3 or 4 binge sittings.

personally I'm not really into their intent of having me come back every day, and it's something that would make me feel burnt out more than anything else. but the binge part is very correct, which limits the carry-over to be short as 1 or 2. And if the system stays as it is I'm fine with it too as Leyer_of_Facade have mentioned.

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

This. Also missions dont take so long that if you really wanted to grind something had to invest hours for the daily cap. Give it one hour (or 20 extractors at Pluto... forget the name again...) and it's done. The content right now is even suitable for people that just have an hour per day and with that some things would be yo do for players that have more time but hey I am is optimistic that wolf of Saturn could be some kind of "something to do".

In the end the system functions the way it should.