The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When Was The Last Time You Walked Through A Mission?

Humongous_Koi

Speed really doesn't matter to me (speed, as in sprint speed), what matters to me is the ability to keep moving if I want to, not stopping because my frame has asthma, or forgot to do any cardio. and you're right, discussion over, we, the people who hate the change, win! Mostly because DE has said they'll be looking at it.

They are not going to go back to what it was before.

They may adjust the rates but i dont think they are going to go back to the exact previous spot.

"rusher": ignores everything but the objective, then sprints to the extraction, sprints past containers/enemies. You know, that type of toxic gameplay.

And how do you differ from that, that this change monumentally effected you?

dodging hitscan from bots ok

Sorry, too many aimbot enemies for me to hear you, type louder.

You guys are missing my point entirely. I'm talking about the essence of time, and how taking more time would mean more enemies would come over to your and overwhelm you. There's a large difference between being able to jet across the room through a crowd of 5 enemies VERSUS running out of stamina, and possibly having 10 more enemies come in while you walk and recharge. Nowhere did I mention anything about dodging hitscans or aimbots.

Edit: Going back to my original reply, I admit my response is too ambiguously worded and is not the proper response to the comment about dodging enemies. While you cannot dodge enemy fire and stamina doesn't affect their targeting capabilities, I will still stand by my point in that moving faster does affect how many enemies would have their guns pointed at your head.

Edited by juuu

They may adjust the rates but i dont think they are going to go back to the exact previous spot.

Maybe not, but it'll still be changed to be closer to what it was, compared to what it is. Best case, they go back to what it was pretty much, and think of some incentive for players to explore. Incentive to explore > @(*()$ over the stamina system.

...Seriously? I've tried to play phobos, too tiring and frustrating to be walking 60% of the time, I've tried doing galleons, slightly better, but still awful because of the larger tiles, and that's with stopping to kill enemies when I see them/loot nearby containers when I start getting low on stamina.

I shouldn't be forced to play the game the way you want to play it.

If DE wants me to stop rushing they need to give me a reason to not rush, not just break the stamina system. Also judging by the vast majority hating this change it is not just the rushers who dislike it.

I shouldn't be forced to play the game the way you want to play it.

You are playing by the rules of the game and the game's rules have changed.

If DE wants me to stop rushing they need to give me a reason to not rush, not just break the stamina system. Also judging by the vast majority hating this change it is not just the rushers who dislike it.

Or... there are a whole lotta rushers.

DUN-DUN-DUUUUUUN!

This game becomes a very different experience when you don't zip through the mission through sprinting or spin-kicking through the air. Instead of me jumping into a crowd of ~20 Grineer and pressing 4, I use cover and deliberate movements to take them down, and it's like playing a TPS with neat weapons and satisfying gun kills. Moving slowly helps you appreciate the level design that the designers worked so hard for, like the Jackal in the Grineer ship and the Cryopod being stuffed into a crate in a Corpus hangar.

The super-speed players tend to play just to farm for materials and earn more things instead of actually playing the game and having fun with the enemies, or they just find satisfaction in easily killing mobs of enemies with a single button press.

It's pretty tough to explain, but try to go through a level without pressing shift and tell me how it's like

That's what I was doing for 150~ hours. You know what happened then? Got bored of it.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't sprint, it just bugs me that people often sprint forward and leave you in the dust. I sometimes sprint through levels when there's decent rewards, but I'm only asking is the opinion of the people on walking through a level, not to change the game

I look at the the level sets the week the set comes out. I also don't even sprint forward. When I play with my friends we loot every single container, but that doesn't mean we walk. When the spawning is so bad like on Phobos that I can go 6 rooms without encountering an enemy and each room is the size of the asteroid cavern defense map, I am not going to walk. I am going to fly gloriously on the blades of my magical zorens. Then I'll kill every enemy, every single one, because I also play that way when not boss running.