Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wth is this nightwave alert system? grind fest? i have better idea

Ahrimansiah

One of the reasons i love warframe for is the fact that grinding was not forced but rather a choice! because u get most of things such as XP or Materials and items by simply playing the game however u want whenever u want! the froced grind element in warframe is very small, and thats why i invited my friends to this game! i told them: in warframe ur rewarded for enjoying the game!

MY COMPLAIN:

But with this recent nightwave update now im FORCED to do stupid things that i dont need/want to in order to get a simple helmet or nitain extract and etc... why the hell do i have to finish 10 SURVIVAL! 10 invasion! 10 Bounty for somewhere that im exalted with and etc, in order to get just an helmet! farming the nightwave tokens for buying rewards get far more time than farming fissures for plat in order to get exact same reward! i can farm a fissure and get 20p for less than a 30min in order to buy char slot or weapon slot or catalyst!... also old alert system motivated me to back to game whenever a alert with good reward poped up on my cell phone! which most of times resulted continue playing even after doing the alert! now i can force my self to finish all this stupid night wave missions in one day and get annoyed to hell and then wait for next challenges

MY DISAPPOINTMENT:

I cannot believe that such brilliant minds behind warframe did came up with such a BAD idea! "DE team: Yeah lets force players to do random S#&$ which they dont want/need, to FORCE them to play more! yeaaaah lets force them to do a couple of boring missions 10 TIMES EACH or or force them to do some high rank hunts that is not for their rank so either they are stuck with low rank repeat boring missions or beg other high ranks to carry them on eidolon hunts!!! thats how u make a game fun and rewarding yayyyy...." really? -.-

MY SUGGESTION:

i have couple of suggestions pick whatever u think is better:

1. Reduce the difficulty of missions, like instead of needing to do x10 of that mission, make it x3 and make high rank missions such as eidolon hunt FAR MORE rewarding! i mean for f sake 3 eidolons reward it self is 10 times better than the reward u get from nightwave.

2. Make this nightwave missions a completely separate event with its own rewards and give us back alerts!

3. Give players Choice over their missions, EX: give 15 mission with high reputation rewards but close to each other! BUT allow player to only pick 5 of them for them selves! this way we can find the missions we want and only play what we need/like and be rewarded and leave those that we do not need!

FINAL WORD:

This new system is an step backward to all those forced grind MMOs out there! dont break the fun and freedom of Warframe.

• Like 3

Except sculpture challenge, which im sure will be tweaked, i dont dare to call others even a trifle, not to mention a grind. What are you talking about? You can do them in few minutes.

They gave us syndicate-like system where you get rewards by doing just challenges, most of which are laughably easy. No payment to advance the ranks, nothing like that. Just challenges. And with creds you can get whatever helmets\other old alert stuff you like. No need to watch the alerts like a hawk.

I completely disagree, this change is nothing but good and all they need to do is tweak a few challenges... actually, just one, the sculpture one, everything else so far was never even near grinding.

Edited by Sormaran
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sormaran said:

Except sculpture challenge, which im sure will be tweaked, i dont dare to call others even a trifle, not to mention a grind. What are you talking about? You can do them in few minutes.

They gave us syndicate-like system where you get rewards by doing just challenges, most of which are laughably easy. No payment to advance the ranks, nothing like that. Just challenges. And with creds you can get whatever helmets\other old alert stuff you like. No need to watch the alerts like a hawk.

I completely disagree, this change is nothing but good and all they need to do is tweak a few challenges... actually, just one, the sculpture one, everything else so far was never even near grinding.

haha i would love to see how u do x10 survivel or x10 invasion or all eidolon or complete sortie hunt in A MINUTE!! xD in fact u can do sculpture challenge IN A MINUTE! spend 30min in fissure hunt and u will have 20p at least which can give u best of those rewards that this new system give u for RANK6!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Ahrimansiah said:

haha i would love to see how u do x10 survivel or x10 invasion or all eidolon or complete sortie hunt in A MINUTE!! xD in fact u can do sculpture challenge IN A MINUTE! spend 30min in fissure hunt and u will have 20p at least which can give u best of those rewards that this new system give u for RANK6!!!!!

With this system you can get the slots and potatoes you need and have the platinum leftover for stuff that you want. Why anyone would complain about that is beyond me.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Ahrimansiah said:

The missions are x3 not x10

35 minutes ago, Ahrimansiah said:

MY COMPLAIN

There's plenty of those already, yours is just as pointless. Also what are those good alert rewards, did you spend all those 24h waiting so you don't miss out? You were enjoying the 10 wave defection alerts for Nitain? 

Almost all missions can be completed

however u want

and all of them can be done

whenever u want

MY DISAPPOINTMENT:

Nobody is forcing you.

FINAL WORD:

Like a lot of people you seem to confuse opinion and fact.

I would have preferred a different system myself, but I try to look at the one we are given and see what it's purpose is.

Will people please stop making out the alert system as if it was this great shining beacon of perfect game design. It was the game's single most useless feature.

Edited by Ver1dian
  • Like 5

17 minutes ago, Ahrimansiah said:

haha i would love to see how u do x10 survivel or x10 invasion or all eidolon or complete sortie hunt in A MINUTE!! xD in fact u can do sculpture challenge IN A MINUTE!

First of all learn some manners... tho i dont see "roflmao" after every 2-3 words in your scribbling, so maybe hope still there for you.

I said few minutes. And yes i can do one invasion run in a minute or two, which at the end.. what was it, 9 invasions, so 15ish minutes. And i specifically mentioned that sculpture challenge have to be tweaked. I started with that. So learn to read as well, please.

Edited by Sormaran
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Sormaran said:

So you want the sculpture one chaning because it takes you a while to get them? Well we want our old alerts back because we can find what we want 10+times faster on the oldsystem. Not one reason why both can't be ran side by side giving us more choice and freedom to play how we want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

No. Just simply no. I don't want to rely on Rng again.

what wrong with having them on nightwave longterm, and having the alerts like they used to be? for me it was much more fun and I came out with a lot more. It was hardly RNG either you knew the reward on alerts, yes they rotated but we got a lot to choose from each day, Nightwve we've got the same stuff for the next ten weeks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

what wrong with having them on nightwave longterm, and having the alerts like they used to be? for me it was much more fun and I came out with a lot more. It was hardly RNG either you knew the reward on alerts, yes they rotated but we got a lot to choose from each day, Nightwve we've got the same stuff for the next ten weeks.

Simply I had to wait for specific alerts for weeks sometimes. Just to get that one helmet I want. Now I just grind a little bit and I can just buy the helmet.

Edited by JackHargreav

6 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Simply I had to wait for specific alerts for weeks sometimes. Just to get that one helmet I want. Now I just grind a little bit and I can just buy the helmet.

Ok but you still havent explained the problem in having both systems active, I quite enjoyed the random items popping up and didn't have a problem with waiting for a item to rotate arround, in a day Id probably see more items in the alerts than I will in 10 weeks of Nightwave not to mention get my item in 5minutes instead of day also since it is a tiny pool compared to the alerts your still actually waiting for that helmet you want or aura, only now you have no chance of getting it for a couple of month...

Edited by TheSkunkyMonk
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Ok but you still havent explained the problem in having both systems active, I quite enjoyed the random items popping up and didn't have a problem with waiting for a item to rotate arround, in a day Id probably see more items in the alerts than I will in 10 weeks of Nightwave not to mention get my item in 5minutes instead of day also since it is a tiny pool compared to the alerts your still actually waiting for that helmet you want or aura, only now you have no chance of getting it for a couple of month...

Two System giving away free cosmetic stuff. You can Guess what the problem is. And still even if I have to wait I have the Wolf cred there is no chance I Will miss out on that helmet.

Edited by JackHargreav

15 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Two System giving away free cosmetic stuff. You can Guess what the problem is. And still even if I have to wait I have the Wolf cred there is no chance I Will miss out on that helmet.

Erm your wolf credits reset so no stockpiling them and no I can't guess what the problem is could you please enlighten me thats the reason I asked for an explanation in the first place.

3 minutes ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

Erm your wolf credits reset so no stockpiling them and no I can't guess what the problem is could you please enlighten me thats the reason I asked for an explanation in the first place.

I can stockpile them until the event ends. To answer that simple qustion, DE's main income comes from Cosmetic and Prime access. If you make the Cosmetic even more obtainable DE earns less money because there is no point in buying them when Your chance to get the cosmetics is stupidly high.

Just now, JackHargreav said:

I can stockpile them until the event ends. To answer that simple qustion, DE's main income comes from Cosmetic and Prime access. If you make the Cosmetic even more obtainable DE earns less money because there is no point in buying them when Your chance to get the cosmetics is stupidly high.

But its ok to make them less obtainable, more time between different ones popping up and limiting the other resources we get? Plus I bet their real income is in potato's and slots anyway.

6 minutes ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

But its ok to make them less obtainable, more time between different ones popping up and limiting the other resources we get? Plus I bet their real income is in potato's and slots anyway.

Probably not. Potatoes can pop up on invasion missions and as a Gift of the Lotus alert. Also what you're talking about still comes with a choice. You Will get the cosmetic you want. No rng of course more control Will come with more grind but the system is raliable at least. You can plan ahead what you want to work for. With alerts It's totally just luck when will a certain item appear and there is a chance that you have to do archwing mission for that item which I hate.

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

Probably not. Potatoes can pop up on invasion missions and as a Gift of the Lotus alert. Also what you're talking about still comes with a choice. You Will get the cosmetic you want. No rng of course more control Will come with more grind but the system is raliable at least. You can plan ahead what you want to work for. With alerts It's totally just luck when will a certain item appear and there is a chance that you have to do archwing mission for that item which I hate.

"which I hate" I enjoyed the Alerts they broke up my time inbetween bounties and opening relics since thats all Ive got to do real, MR grind as all the quests are complete. I needed those resources as well it was never about the cosmetics and to to top it off I now have to work 10+ times harder to get the same, dude come on you got to admit that is bad form.

Im not saying get rid of nightwave just keep both systems, if it was such a big deal people missing cosmetics on alerts it still will be so they wont get to many and we can then all enjoy Wolf of Saturn, though I was gutted they didn't do a prison mission for us and instead just gave us the same old content and missions with a few lines of script. Anyway I can see you are happy and I hope you keep enjoying the game, for me though its just become so much more tedious and grindy, To think I have everything in GTA 😛

• Like 2

After bounties are done I rely on all the tabs especially alerts because I can do missions that I normally wouldn't.  I've also been surprised at completing the hard alerts--I never would've tried those.  I think both systems would be my choice since I rely on the alerts so much.  I'm only a newer player so the vets most definately would know better but for me I'm lost now.  All those planets makes it hard to choose what to do since I'm not chasing specific items. I'm just playing for fun and if something good appears in my foundry all the better.  Whatever happens I'll continue to play cuz I love this game and have great respect for the devs who are giving such wonderful experiences and making bad days much better.

59 minutes ago, TheSkunkyMonk said:

"which I hate" I enjoyed the Alerts they broke up my time inbetween bounties and opening relics since thats all Ive got to do real, MR grind as all the quests are complete. I needed those resources as well it was never about the cosmetics and to to top it off I now have to work 10+ times harder to get the same, dude come on you got to admit that is bad form.

Im not saying get rid of nightwave just keep both systems, if it was such a big deal people missing cosmetics on alerts it still will be so they wont get to many and we can then all enjoy Wolf of Saturn, though I was gutted they didn't do a prison mission for us and instead just gave us the same old content and missions with a few lines of script. Anyway I can see you are happy and I hope you keep enjoying the game, for me though its just become so much more tedious and grindy, To think I have everything in GTA 😛

Yes it is becoming grindier and grindier unfortunatelly. I belive the devs will tweak the system since so many are disapointed with it. Right now we can just and see if they listen to our crtisism. Hopefully they van find some fine middle ground where most of the players can be happy about the system. I don't have any concerns, nor would I say the New System is great right now because this was the first rotation and I don't really know how bad or good this system will be. Btw I'm surpised how normál most players are in feedback.

On 2019-03-01 at 8:15 AM, Ver1dian said:

The missions are x3 not x10

There's plenty of those already, yours is just as pointless. Also what are those good alert rewards, did you spend all those 24h waiting so you don't miss out? You were enjoying the 10 wave defection alerts for Nitain? 

Almost all missions can be completed

and all of them can be done

Nobody is forcing you.

Like a lot of people you seem to confuse opinion and fact.

I would have preferred a different system myself, but I try to look at the one we are given and see what it's purpose is.

Will people please stop making out the alert system as if it was this great shining beacon of perfect game design. It was the game's single most useless feature.

Alerts were FAR from perfect, but neither is this, it needs some major changes in the amount of credits you get, and how long it takes to complete, and its no fun either, just a headache