The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A simple promise that would instantly remove almost every possible issue with Nightwave

(XBOX)THANOTOS OMEGA

It's a simple as this, All of them will cycle back in and any rewards you earned will be counted for, with creds and other reusables replacing the higher tiers,

Here is an example during the current run of Wolf of Saturn 6, you reach rank 10, the next time it's the night wave event, you will start with rank 11's reward for the first rank, and so forth with everything after the normally rank 30 armor set being replaced with wolf creds, forma, kuva ect, in other words if you want the armor set for rank 30 you will need to achieve 300,000 standing total between all instances of the event,

this would make players able to treat the whole thing more casually and remove allot of the worries around individual mission type and such, and still allow players to be happy to work at it if they know it's progress towards things like Umbra formas the next time the event rolls around so players are still invested if they feel like it or can choose to ignore that even for the most part without feeling overly pressured,

3 minutes ago, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

It's a simple as this, All of them will cycle back in and any rewards you earned will be counted for, with creds and other reusables replacing the higher tiers,

So, DE needs to recycle old Nightwaves? What use is that if we have to wait say two years for it to come back again?

They run for 10 weeks (last I heard), and you need to complete 60% of the challenges in those 10 weeks to hit rank 30. That is assuming you never get any Fugitives. That is really not that much effort. I really do not see what all the fuss is about.

3 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

I guess that is the case , these Nightwave Acts will rotate every 10 weeks and players will keep their ranks. At least that is what I get from Steve's responses.

Nope, each Season/Episode will last 10 weeks. Acts/Challenges rotates every week.

When the season finish, everyone goes back to 0, a new Season start with a new story with new rewards

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

6 minutes ago, krc473 said:

So, DE needs to recycle old Nightwaves? What use is that if we have to wait say two years for it to come back again?

They run for 10 weeks (last I heard), and you need to complete 60% of the challenges in those 10 weeks to hit rank 30. That is assuming you never get any Fugitives. That is really not that much effort. I really do not see what all the fuss is about.

For people who only have enough time to do like 10 missions a week that can be an impossibility, not to mention how many of the elite acts are gated to some players, like those who can't afford the online services of their console or who don't have the plat to buy the parts for a solo triple Eidolon run, ect

Just now, (XB1)THANOTOS OMEGA said:

like those who can't afford the online services of their console or who don't have the plat to buy the parts for a solo triple Eidolon run, ect

Ah, I forgot that was a thing with XB1.

I got most of my challenges done in three hours. That was excluding the multiplayer ones. I see no real issue in terms of time. But I see what you mean about the XB1 issue. DE has not implied that the acts will return yet. So your idea just does not work. There has been a suggestion that once you hit rank 30 you may be able to get the exclusives from other acts at that point. But that does nothing to help unless you can get that far.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Ah, I forgot that was a thing with XB1.

I got most of my challenges done in three hours. That was excluding the multiplayer ones. I see no real issue in terms of time. But I see what you mean about the XB1 issue. DE has not implied that the acts will return yet. So your idea just does not work. There has been a suggestion that once you hit rank 30 you may be able to get the exclusives from other acts at that point. But that does nothing to help unless you can get that far.

And that's the issue i can do all but 3 weekly events and every daily that's been up, but because of the low spawn rates for the extra standing i still won't make my 30,000 weekly minimum this week, i did all that should be expected of a player but it's still not enough so unless Wolf gives out 5000 or so standing per win and becomes a like 1 in 3 spawn rate i will at best barely clear it, which makes the whole thing stressful rather than fun,

14 minutes ago, -SDM-NerevarCM said:

Nope, each Season/Episode will last 10 weeks. Acts/Challenges rotates every week.

When the season finish, everyone goes back to 0, a new Season start with a new story with new rewards

My bad , I meant " Nightwave Episodes will rotate every 10 weeks ".

Ofcourse our current ranks won't be carried towards Episode 2 , 3 ,... so on but at some point old Episodes might come back and we would be able to use our ranks in corresponding Episodes.

Edited by Aeon94