Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave and no friends

pyrotech63

The general idea of nightwave is good, but i dislike the challenges that require you to have friends or to have joined a clan. Now, i'm a solo player 98% of the time (the 2% is when im having a hard time with a mission), the friend/clanmate challenges are an annoyance because i have no friends and i have a solo clan. Change the friend/clanmate challenges so that they can be friendly to the solo players. It wouldn't be an issue but they are the challenges that give the most rep, even if its one challenge per week.

Edited by pyrotech63
  • Like 1

This is a social game, and I currently dont have this issue but I could see it possibly happening to me too. The best solution is to advertise for other players with no friends

Add each other to your friends list and then do the mission. Who knows you might make a friend.

My warframe friends aren't always online when I am. There is a simple way around this: Do X mission with clanmates/friends OR solo. This still incentivizes the general player base to be more socially integrated but allows bitter vets to bypass this. Problem solved.

Think I'll drop the game for a while myself if they keep on adding these "friends or clan mates" challenges.
Yes, the game may be a 'massive multiplayer online' one but WF has always been caring about solo players and solo clans as well ; I would have no issue doing this with my friends if it wasn't for the fact they don't play anymore after all these years....I don't mind doing content on my own or with randoms but I don't even feel like 'adding' people I don't know to my friends list just to complete some bs sort of challenge.

6 minutes ago, Grimmaldy said:

MMO's are not the best place to be antisocial or a loner. I run solo most of the time but have a helpful clan to back me up and answer my questions. Might want to rethink your stance friend.

It's honestly DE who should rethink their stance in this case.
They kept making the game be solo friendly and solo clans friendly for the past 4-5 years.....now going back on their policy with Nightwave's implementation feels like quite the stab for a lot of players.

Warframe is not an MMO. It's a multiplayer online game, but it's not a massively multiplayer online game. The general concept of massively multiplayer means you have shared spaces with other players, and while we have relays and open world zones, they're not really a place you find yourself surrounded by other players like traditional MMOs such as WoW or Guild Wars.

The very reason there's a solo queue button means they intend to support solo play at some level. Now I'm not saying every single bit of the game should be able to be done solo, but Nightwave caters to a completionist behaviour, which is something you have on a personal level, so being able to not involve other people in your own ventures would be a nice quality of life improvement. The game absolutely feels better when played with more people, even if all your social interaction is chatting in clan chat, but this is not an MMO in any level.