Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You People Confuse Me...

Arlayn

You answered your own question.

MAG is available from the get-go, and the "Prime version" of her is only slightly different, and is mostly cosmetic. The Prime MAG is more a vanity item than anything.

The difference here lies within the fact that Nekros is an entirely NEW frame. NEW abilities, NEW stats, NEW appearance, and drops from the NEW boss on the NEW tileset. 

This is all covered up by a large game of hide and go seek spanning several missions, a ludicrous build time and materials needed to do so, and only giving a chance to get the OTHER materials to build the BIG key to have a slight chance at getting a blueprint part to drop from the boss.

Void keys rain like fusion cores, and don't require materials or a build time.

Seeing as you're a Grand Master, and have a Nekros avatar, I'd assume you just bought him with platinum and then unjustly insulted those who have every right to complain about this.

Its actually not much of a difference when you think about it,you only feel it more due to the key crafting time.Think about the prime weapons,you need multiple pieces that have better drops in certain Tiers of different void missions and its not guranteed that youll get the piece due to the drop pool.Then you factor in the time you spent repeating defense missions  trying to aquire the right keys to hope rng loves you enough to give you the right parts. Its essentially longer to get void weapons/frames due to the bigger drop pool.

Like the Op said,getting the mats for the keys is not that complicated.Hell the golem navs drop in the golem map aswell its just a matter of exploring.My only problem with it is the 1&3 hour crafting times.Unless you use the recruit channel to get into golem then theres technically no wait time.

I have no Master Thief mod, it never dropped for me despite having rank 9.

Try to tell again how this is easy.

really? hmm I think rng is hating you badly.I kept finding around 3-6 per run while running hyena for control modules and I was doing it solo as well

huh... what if we flipped it? and had Nekros in the void, and Primes in the derelict?

We would still be upset.

If you remember back, people were very much against the Void farming, but DE never fixed it and there were bigger problems to deal with. It's DE biggest flaw; they half-fix something and then add more content along with the half-fix that needs to be fixed in and of itself.

The game is held together by optimists and ducktape.

You have to realize that those people who got all the parts in 5 hours were probably Master Thief toting Lokis who no-lifed it with clan members/friends. Having to jump through hoops using specific build that are being said to be fun by a handful of veteran grandmaster players is an outlier that appears in opposition to every legitimate complaint.

I have played the missions.. the nav coords do drop all over the place ive picked them up, and same with golem coords they are EVERYWHERE! people are doing just fine collecting all this stuff, and not just me. I am looking forward to the chance to fight this boss.

Your experience =/= everyone else's experience. I have run about 25 missions specifically looking for nav parts. I have gotten 4. It takes 5 to build one single use key. Plus the resource cost does hurt some people. Not everyone is a 250 hours+ resource cow.

The only reason I am not doing derelict right now is because I ran out of revives... because I was in the derelict exploring, found a pit to cross over heard a ssssss sound looked over the edge didn't see anything, jumped down and used up my revives trying to get out of a pit of lasers... If it wasn't for that pit id be still be exploring the derelict lol...

We would still be upset.

If you remember back, people were very much against the Void farming, but DE never fixed it and there were bigger problems to deal with. It's DE biggest flaw; they half-fix something and then add more content along with the half-fix that needs to be fixed in and of itself.

The game is held together by optimists and ducktape.

You have to realize that those people who got all the parts in 5 hours were probably Master Thief toting Lokis who no-lifed it with clan members/friends. Having to jump through hoops using specific build that are being said to be fun by a handful of veteran grandmaster players is an outlier that appears in opposition to every legitimate complaint.

Your experience =/= everyone else's experience. I have run about 25 missions specifically looking for nav parts. I have gotten 4. It takes 5 to build one single use key. Plus the resource cost does hurt some people. Not everyone is a 250 hours+ resource cow.

I wouldn't say resource cow, more like having fun exploring and killing everything...

Well, when I first saw the update and all this Nekros grind I immediately went to farm Mag Prime cause I thought it'd be easier... but all I got from the void so far are helmets and 3 chassis.

So I went to golem (thanks to clanmates hosting) and got all the Nekros parts in just 4 runs... :S

I got the Nekros parts before I even finished crafting my first Golem key lol... so... yea

You would rather hardcore grind defense and get void keys, only to play the void thousands of times in order to get a Prime which is the exact same thing as the warframe you may already have, just with different polarizations? Lets not forget you all complained about primes having to be reactored after you reactored the normals, plus polarized...

Yet you go through all that, and don't complain. Then when this new bad to the bone warframe comes out... everyone complains because he is behind a wall of keys similar to the wall of keys the Primes are behind, except primes are behind a wall from Hell... because it took me all the way up to update 10 to get the last piece of Frost prime (systems). Logic has gone out the window on this one...

Getting to Golem is pretty easy the nav coords are LITERLLY EVERYWHERE!!! its like the lenses flare from the new star trek movie. Lights beaming into your eyes from virtually every direction! Then you can get 3 or more Golem navs in those missions with a Master Thief Mod. Then go kill Golem. How hard is that? Golem is a boss like any boss, and he only drops BPs for Nekros unlike in the void Raid/Survival, and Exterminate drop Latron prime, reaper prime, Forma and Frost Prime... (now also drops heals, and ammo items)

the leap between prime, and Nekros is so GREAT it isn't even funny... Primes are generally VASTLY HARDER to obtain... Yet people complain just about Nekros...

Nobody complained about prime frames because they are the same like normal frames and well they are prime, It goes without saying it should be harder to get them, On the other hand this is a normal frame not a prime and its even harder to get him then prime frames.

And no, NAV coordinates aren't so easy to get as you sound it to be, maybe its you, your friend or clanmates were just lucky. Or I'm the tard that gets all the accumulated bad luck so that you could get the drops idk (Im starting to think its the second one though)...I had 3 nav in 6h and my nova is running with master thief equipped and open/destroy everything that gets in my LoS.

Nobody complained about prime frames because they are the same like normal frames and well they are prime, It goes without saying it should be harder to get them, On the other hand this is a normal frame not a prime and its even harder to get him then prime frames.

And no, NAV coordinates aren't so easy to get as you sound it to be, maybe its you, your friend or clanmates were just lucky. Or I'm the tard that gets all the accumulated bad luck so that you could get the drops idk (Im starting to think its the second one though)...I had 3 nav in 6h and my nova is running with master thief equipped and open/destroy everything that gets in my LoS.

should read the post directly above you, then read the topics belonging to those defend this... a lot of people have achieved Nekros within a few hours...

edit: oh look another person got him

took me 6 hours to get the nekros parts i was lucky enough to get the helmet then the system then the chassi in a row 

Edited by Arlayn

Nobody complained about prime frames because they are the same like normal frames and well they are prime, It goes without saying it should be harder to get them

Nope. Bullcrap story right there. You haven't seen the S#&$storm raised about the void when it was first released, did you?

should read the post directly above you, then read the topics belonging to those defend this... a lot of people have achieved Nekros within a few hours...

edit: oh look another person got him

And that proves what? that a handful of people managed to pull of an "first, I win" card thanks to running mission couple of times with clan mates to reduce the time and ridiculous amount of luck? And what % of the whole player base are that lucky bastards?

You do realise not everyone is so lucky do you? A little sample of my luck.

I still don't have a single flow mod dropped and i'm here since update 6 if I remember right. Yeah I'm being serious here, my friend even decided to keeping 6 extra just in case they add trade to give them to me. Because he seriously thinks that will happen faster then il "farm" them.

Hell I didn't even manage to get a normal frost yet I got over 40 helms, almost 70 systems and 0 chassis. Guess how many runs I'll need to get Nekros -.-

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experience like this. Its just more common and fun, to visit forums and brag how you managed to get something with almost no effort. I mean who would start a topic about how he fail to get 1 damn item to drop for months just to be loled by others.

Nope. Bullcrap story right there. You haven't seen the S#&$storm raised about the void when it was first released, did you?

To be honest, I remember it, I just wanted to make a point that obtaining prime version and a normal version (nekros isn't a prime he's a normal frame after all) aren't same thing and it came out...extremely wrong.

I need sleep...

Edited by Satoro

And that proves what? that a handful of people managed to pull of an "first, I win" card thanks to running mission couple of times with clan mates to reduce the time and ridiculous amount of luck? And what % of the whole player base are that lucky bastards?

I still don't have a single flow mod dropped and i'm here since update 6 if I remember right. Yeah I'm being serious here, my friend even decided to keeping 6 extra just in case they add trade to give them to me. Because he seriously thinks that will happen faster then il "farm" them.

Hell I didn't even manage to get a normal frost yet I got over 40 helms, almost 70 systems and 0 chassis. Guess how many runs I'll need to get Nekros -.-

And I'm sure I'm not the only one who has experience like this. Its just more common and fun, to visit forums and brag how you managed to get something with almost no effort. I mean who would start a topic about how he fail to get 1 damn item to drop for months just to be loled by others.

I like that there is only a few Nekros in the game... makes everyone turn heads when they see a flying squid running through the room with an army of the dead... This is how Vauban, and nova should have been... FEW IN NUMBER!!! the fact there is thousands of them ruins the game...

(you are here as long as me, April 2nd, so update 7.6 actually)

Speaking of luck, I still don't have Seeker mod lol luckily though I don't need it.

It's not about bragging, but about having people to play with (clanmates) which makes the grind a lot easier. I was just offering my experience with the whole golem thing which discouraged me at first, cause it seemed like a huge pain in the arse to farm Nekros. Turned out, it's not that bad as I feared. Took a LOT longer to put together Vauban.

You would rather hardcore grind defense and get void keys, only to play the void thousands of times in order to get a Prime which is the exact same thing as the warframe you may already have, just with different polarizations?

Hey. Hey.

Don't you disrespect the gold trim.

Aside from that I wholeheartedly agree with your post. Getting nav and golem nav coords is stupid easy. I mean I'm getting them faster than I can build the damn keys.

Why can't I hold all these navs?!

Hey. Hey.

Don't you disrespect the gold trim.

Before the ancient retribution became violent as noted on the forums the Nekros got together on a defense mission and did a voodoo dance... the defense missions became cursed and Ancient Retribution has now come down upon the defense missions... There is no priest, or gold trim to save you now in space...

*bunch of corpus get together to do some ritualistic cleansing ceremonies* "hey hey hey wtf do you think your doing!" *goes over and starts beating them to death*

Edit: we are evil like that...

Warframe01132_zps724efab5.png

Edited by Arlayn

You would rather hardcore grind defense and get void keys, only to play the void thousands of times in order to get a Prime which is the exact same thing as the warframe you may already have, just with different polarizations? Lets not forget you all complained about primes having to be reactored after you reactored the normals, plus polarized...

Yet you go through all that, and don't complain.

Woah woah woah. Were you there? Did you SEE the forums when the Void was released? It was probably equal to the current slerpstorm that's happening right now. There was utter outrage about the Void. Keys were nigh non-existent and you were lucky to get a key in every 20 odd runs.

Because of how much of a boring, ridiculous grind it was, people raged, people quit and what did DE do? They fixed it. Made void keys much more accessible and usable. The void is still a "premium" tileset though and people always expected the void to be extra special. We expected this.

This derelict set? It was meant to be Jupiter reborn. It was meant to be the Infested version of Phobos. It was never meant to be the next tier content, it was just meant to be the infested content. That is what they implied to us and that's what everyone expected. Everyone expected the old Golem to be the new Golem so we could experience boss fights like they were meant to be - interesting, difficult and you had to pay attention, instead of filling a bullet sponge with lead.

So not only was this never meant to be special content for prime gear, it was also meant to be easily accessible for people to enjoy. Instead? It is at LEAST five times harder to access than the void. The void, you can get a key in under 15 mins from a defence run with little problem. The derelict? We have to farm mission after mission to get navballs, which we then use to build keys which take HOURS to build. That's to experience the tileset. To experience the boss? Yeah, multiply that by a few times.

This is why we're angry. It's almost like this was a last minute, drunk-induced decision to simply, quite simply, lock off their hard work from the weekend player. I cannot see the logic behind locking this content off behind ANY kind of wall. It's not even like we can buy keys for platinum, which I would understand as they would be making a profit off of it at least. But they aren't. Me, a Grand Master who has spent over £300 on a free-to-play game cannot access the new content because I can only play on the weekends.

Please explain to me why I shouldn't be upset.

Woah woah woah. Were you there? Did you SEE the forums when the Void was released? It was probably equal to the current slerpstorm that's happening right now. There was utter outrage about the Void. Keys were nigh non-existent and you were lucky to get a key in every 20 odd runs.

Because of how much of a boring, ridiculous grind it was, people raged, people quit and what did DE do? They fixed it. Made void keys much more accessible and usable. The void is still a "premium" tileset though and people always expected the void to be extra special. We expected this.

This derelict set? It was meant to be Jupiter reborn. It was meant to be the Infested version of Phobos. It was never meant to be the next tier content, it was just meant to be the infested content. That is what they implied to us and that's what everyone expected. Everyone expected the old Golem to be the new Golem so we could experience boss fights like they were meant to be - interesting, difficult and you had to pay attention, instead of filling a bullet sponge with lead.

So not only was this never meant to be special content for prime gear, it was also meant to be easily accessible for people to enjoy. Instead? It is at LEAST five times harder to access than the void. The void, you can get a key in under 15 mins from a defence run with little problem. The derelict? We have to farm mission after mission to get navballs, which we then use to build keys which take HOURS to build. That's to experience the tileset. To experience the boss? Yeah, multiply that by a few times.

This is why we're angry. It's almost like this was a last minute, drunk-induced decision to simply, quite simply, lock off their hard work from the weekend player. I cannot see the logic behind locking this content off behind ANY kind of wall. It's not even like we can buy keys for platinum, which I would understand as they would be making a profit off of it at least. But they aren't. Me, a Grand Master who has spent over £300 on a free-to-play game cannot access the new content because I can only play on the weekends.

Please explain to me why I shouldn't be upset.

hmm... nope... I don't remember the storm then being as bad as now... infact I hardly noticed it... I was too busy playing the game and having fun...

I wonder, why is this thread made by Grand Master with Necro as avatar...

cuz he just instantly bought everything new and cant understand why people hate that boring farming of ressources, farming(1hour) > building 4 keys (1 hour) > farming again > building another key > killing the boss > maybe getting a necro part.

killed the golem 2 times now, no necro part for me 3:

Warframe is a game ABOUT grind.

It is just that in every other case, farming is more elegant. Unlike in WoW when you are usually trying to get some very specific item to go do real contnent, all warframe content is grind. The only grind to get content is in defense missions, but even then it is very "Goal oritented" and very short term. "15 minutes, here is your key." Even the biggest items in the game are accessible. While you don't know exactly when you will get them, they are in reach if it is your goal to aquire them. Its why the grinding is fun, you are on a mission to get something and then you get it. It is sort of like EVE in that "Getting stuff" is your entire goal and getting stuff requires effort, but is also attainable in a day or two. Even basic warframes are relatively easy to get the blueprints for, because you have total control over your ability to enter boss runs.

Here, you are grinding to get content to get content to get gear, instead of the grinding itself be the experience. And then the content you get has a chance to not even show up, restarting the cycle. The necros can be obtained in 5 hours allegedly, but it still is heavily locked down compared to other things, and it is obtained in a very backwards way compared to other grinds, and in a manner that doesn't fit with the design of the warframe unlock system. It is basically prime level difficulty for a "default warframe." If they declared it a new class of warframe, somewhere between prime and normal it may be more acceptable, but they didn't.

Furthermore they did a pretty blatant bait and switch with the new golem, which hurts much more than the necros. I can deal with grind, warframe's grind is generally enjoyable. I personally don't mind having to earn the right to fight some super cool boss or encounter an amazing area. I mean the void has a lot of weight because you can't just go there every five seconds. But at the same time the void was designed to be mystic and somewhat hard to access. The levels are filled with traps that work best when the void is a place you can't just pop into for lunch, and because you are rewarded for exploring the void rather than rushing through, there is a very definite switch. It feels like it has earned the right to be "locked" because the level itself shouts "I am special and exclusive and worth this effort." The derelects, and I haven't run them yet so I am not going to claim to know how they actually play out, seem a lot more pedestrian despite being harder to get to than the void, have less longevity and "specialness" and didn't seem to be designed to be special. They seem to be a regular level the devs decided to make special. And the new golem was explicitly designed to replace the old one, and there is absolutely no excuse and defense for that bait and switch to be pulled on update day, even if they did sincerely believe it would make the game better. That kind of switch in design direction one should broadcast in advance.

-snip-

The reason is simple: Farming void keys happens passively. The only requirement of getting a void key is doing defense, which conveniently lets you level up some of your gear at a good pace while doing so. This means that you actually focus on fighting while getting them.

Also, the reward of void missions isn't another void key that actually gives you a real reward.

For the derelict keys you have to actively scavenge the whole map, just to make a key that takes you to a mission in which you do the same thing yet again.

And let me tell you, opening containers and lockers at every corner isn't exactly what I consider fun.

I agree with OP.  And, I hardly ever do voids.  It's too much hassle getting the keys and getting a team together.  For what?  You're doing the exact same thing with or without the void items.  I could just hunt for mods and credits instead in regular missions.

I would not want fun content to be looked behind all this key hassle.  What I really want is fun game modes and good match making.

The reason is simple: Farming void keys happens passively. The only requirement of getting a void key is doing defense, which conveniently lets you level up some of your gear at a good pace while doing so. This means that you actually focus on fighting while getting them.

Also, the reward of void missions isn't another void key that actually gives you a real reward.

For the derelict keys you have to actively scavenge the whole map, just to make a key that takes you to a mission in which you do the same thing yet again.

And let me tell you, opening containers and lockers at every corner isn't exactly what I consider fun.

I farm nav cords, and golem cords passively... and?