Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Missions need to be more thoughtfull (disrupting general play)

INSANITYINPERSON

So far I think Nightwave is a big step up from alerts and offers good things for veterans and noobs alike.
But DE needs to put more thought into what Missions they offer they can't just let some guy randomly scribble up a couple challenges and just call it a day. You have to assume that a massive chunk of players will attempt any and all challenges at every second the challenge is active which causes trouble for players who aren't.
For example the Kuva Survival 60 minute challenge might cause players looking for a quick round of Kuva farming to be stuck in a mission for an hour or forfeit their rewards to be able to leave. 
Or ,more importantly at least for me, I just got interested in Sanctuary Onslaught again because of Nightwave but at the same time Nightwave completely ruins it because of the 3 wave challenge which increases the chance of people leaving early by a ridiculous amount. Before Nightwave most players just agreed that 8 waves is a good amount because of the C Rotation now people just leave after 3 (which isn't even a reward wave). So please for the love of god change the challenge to 8 or remove it completely this is just bad design....

So please DE think about what you're doing or make the challenges seperate instances like alerts where.

A similar issue are overly tedious missions like the "Do 8 Bounties" for someone who is actively playing POE since they're new to the game this might be fine but for veterans that's just a long piece of boredom.

So please DE don't ruin the fun of players who aren't trying to do Challenges or are allready done.

• Like 2

I think it would be nice if nightwave missions were actually matched, similar to alerts. So, you click the mission, and it will put you in a mission with other players doing the same thing.

If you complete the objective for multiple missions in one mission, it still works the same, but when you click the mission, it'll find other people who also clicked the mission, and then will put you into a mission with them, on a node the host has unlocked, with the nightwave objective for that mission on-screen.

Also, making it less of a wretched daily chore would be a step up as well.

Also, I think the "do X bounties" was probably intended to be "do X bounty stages" but got lost somewhere along the way. It was a pretty awful nightwave mission, and I don't see how anyone could have ever looked at that and said "this is fine, people will think this is fun" without mistaking full end-to-end 3~5 stage bounties that can take over 3 minutes per stage, plus cetus loading, plus between time running from stage to stage, for single stages. I mean, doing two 4stage bounties? Yup, fine. Doing 8 of them? yeah no. Assuming 4 stage bounties(average), 3 minutes per stage, including between time, and not counting return/loading, doing 8 of those is nearly 100 minutes. Over an hour and a half.

Edited by NezuHimeSama
  • Like 3

hace 19 minutos, NezuHimeSama dijo:

I think it would be nice if nightwave missions were actually matched, similar to alerts. So, you click the mission, and it will put you in a mission with other players doing the same thing.

If you complete the objective for multiple missions in one mission, it still works the same, but when you click the mission, it'll find other people who also clicked the mission, and then will put you into a mission with them, on a node the host has unlocked, with the nightwave objective for that mission on-screen.

Also, making it less of a wretched daily chore would be a step up as well.

Also, I think the "do X bounties" was probably intended to be "do X bounty stages" but got lost somewhere along the way. It was a pretty awful nightwave mission, and I don't see how anyone could have ever looked at that and said "this is fine, people will think this is fun" without mistaking full end-to-end 3~5 stage bounties that can take over 3 minutes per stage, plus cetus loading, plus between time running from stage to stage, for single stages. I mean, doing two 4stage bounties? Yup, fine. Doing 8 of them? yeah no. Assuming 4 stage bounties(average), 3 minutes per stage, including between time, and not counting return/loading, doing 8 of those is nearly 100 minutes. Over an hour and a half.

i agree, for the kuva survival mission without touching life support is hard to find people who want to do that expecific thing and if you find it.. somebody just agree to go with you for other purposes and dont care about the challenge.. so it fail for everyone else.. that make that hard, but not por the mission itself..

I just tried to play a normal Kuva survival mission to farm Kuva and was greeted by a player wanting to do the 60 minute challenge. He wanted to use some form of exploit and stand in a corner for 60 minutes doing nothing which I didn't want to do since I allready did the challenge so i proceeded to do the actual mission and farm Kuva which caused the Player to get annoyed at me. When I told them to set their session private or search for a full team of four they insulted me and proceeded to end the mission after 5 minutes....

DE you need to do something really goddamn quick the new system allready promotes toxic behaviour.

If you ever see DarbeliMatkap38 in a Mission just leave 

i agree they need to raise the eso ones to be on reward instead of off cycle. and the kuva one i dont really see as an issue because if your going to do it, do it with friends or clan mates who want to do it and get the 1 hour sur with friends or clan done at the same time. i do wish there was "veteran chellenges" they were harder then the elite ones and were only shown to players off a certain master rank and up. i like that de are making the content new player and lifer friendly but some no lifer stuff would be nice too