Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revitalize the Plains of Eidolon!

ntyd1s

With the incoming graphical rework, I want reasons to 'hang out' on the Plains of Eidolon some more. So let's add more interactivity to the environment...

Save points ~ works like going through Cetus gate but saves all the accolades on location, with usage cooldown (5 minutes?). Solaris U may follow along.

More mission types ~ and also it would be nice to have a few choices of mission types to choose during bounty phases by different locations (I'd choose dynamic action over sentry duty any day) and failing one should let the squad attempt the other available choice (in case of trolling squadmate failing mission on purpose). During missions, players should be looking around the scenery for some objective clues instead of relying on UI markers.

• Diversion - commandeer Grineer courier's vehicle and keep it from being destroyed by pursuers, vehicle can be a Dargyn or a [Grineer's hoverbike] which can be smashed up and used as a hoverboard.
  • Infiltration - steal something from the depth of Grineer's heavily fortified cave, with high-powered snipers and heavy guards, stealth is advised.
  • Pursuit - destroy a Grineer's speed aircraft which can teleport occasionally and alert camps for support during the chase, Archwing will likely get shot down or held back.
  • Asset Denial - timed sabotage with multiple targets across the plains against various resistance.
  • Spotting - scan a number of specific units. Some targets can be lures into an ambush!
  • Surveillance - stalk a HVT from safe distance for a few minutes without alerting them.
  • Motorcade Assault - destroy heavily guarded moving vehicles by hitting certain part which can take number of hits like Nullifier's shield.

Random encounters ~ make the plains seem more alive with activities of the locals (beside what we can only read in codex) like mini-quests with active/passive participation.

• Harvest - save/meet Ostron specialized workers, including forager, miner, trapper, fisher. they take minutes uninterrupted by enemy activity to work and eventually share their harvests.
  • Wildlife - some wild animals may have unpredictable behavior clues, hostile or beneficial or just unusual. There might be chances to use the tranq gun.
  • Trade - barter/work with wandering Ostron on small favor/transaction involving freshly harvested resources.
  • Fetch - supply delivery/recovery, sounds boring but may contribute to the living vibe.
  • Racing - triathlon event?
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

In addition to those bounty types, I also hope that there are the bonus objectives just like the Vallis since it's nice to get more standing than normal and an additional drop from the Bounty drop table.

Totally this. I'm pretty much expecting that it comes. There's not even need to ask for it tbh. It worked in Orb Vallis so it's a must for the Plains.

That and I hope they rebalance the decoration costs to be more in line with Tinker's wares in Fortuna. Those price are crazy and outdated.