Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Abilities Screen is terrible

SonicSonedit

Videos are cool and give "wow" effect, but absolutely not worth the essential information being obstructed like that. Looks cool but totally non-functional:

• You can't view stats of all abilities on screen at once, you need to select over each ability individually
  • Huge amount of space for description that you only need to read once in a lifetime, a tiny little space for stats which you check every time you change you build
  • Despite that, still a lot of unused space both at top and bottom of screen, which looks weird and unfinished
  • Still no short ability stats summary in "Upgrade" menu. You once, again, need to hover over each ability individually to see the stats.

I rather prefer old menu, that is less cool, but lets you view all the the info you need without additional clicks.

Edited by SonicSonedit
  • Like 1

I was about to make a topic for this, but it seems as if someone got there first.

The current abilities page for warframes is indeed terrible. It is objectively worse than the previous page, showing less information than before and forcing the player to do extra things to see information which was clearly visible at a glance in the previous iteration.

You have once again committed the cardinal sin of user interface design: do NOT ever get in the way of the user.

• Like 2

I also think it could have been done better. There is a lot of wasted space that could have been used to put everything on one screen. In this case sacrificing convenience for looks was unnecessary.

I like the new tips section, however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZackNeutron said:

Did you know that, in upgrade section there are ability icons when you hover it will show you ability stats?

So player don't need to switch tab between ability and upgrade screen anymore.

OK, so why was it necessary to also trash the dedicated abilities screen at the same time?

2 hours ago, ZackNeutron said:

Did you know that, in upgrade section there are ability icons when you hover it will show you ability stats?

So player don't need to switch tab between ability and upgrade screen anymore.

3 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:
  • Still no short ability stats summary in "Upgrade" menu. You once, again, need to hover over each ability individually to see the stats.

4 hours ago, SonicSonedit said:

Oh yes didn't read all, because I think you and the majority in here just talking about ability section the one that show player a warframe diorama and ability videos. (Got fps drop in there and yeah kinda weird, but it's okay. Warframe is free game anyway, so it's up to the Devs about how it's look.)

But hey, that's the short ability summary in upgrade section and in style of course.

If you mean by placing text field in upgrade screen just imagine how terrible the upgrade section will become.

Edited by ZackNeutron

Instead of getting more information we're getting less information. This game doesnt tell you anything and instead of improving it they make it worse. Look at this and tell me were my boltor prime barrel is: https://imgur.com/WQOqZqL 

Spoiler

There is non. I dont have it but you can't tell because the screen doesnt tell you crap

It seems that we need to bribe Jim Sterling or something so he tells DE to fix this crap.

Another point where the current abilities screen is worse than the one it replaced: on the old version, you could see how the stats of your abilities would change as you levelled up. This information is now missing.

19 hours ago, ZackNeutron said:

If you mean by placing text field in upgrade screen just imagine how terrible the upgrade section will become.

The upgrade section would be absolutely fine. All DE needs to do is remove the half-view of your warframe standing to the side (this serves no purpose and only takes up space) and get rid of the pointless motion the UI has when I move the mouse pointer around (this also serves no purpose and actively detracts from available screen space by requiring an empty guard zone around the controls). That would free up a lot of room.