Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS Still Stuttering... Is there anything wrong with Warframe these days?

.Amuro_Ray.

System Info :
Processor : Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60GHz~2.59GHz.
RAM : 12GB (11.8GB usable).
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M.
System Type : Windows 10 64bit. (x64-based)
Monitor Refresh Rate : 60.00Hz.

With U-24 it has becoming really, really, really prevalent that open world contents for me is very impossible to play without experiencing frequent FPS stutters. And yes, all settings are set to low. Whether it's Eidolon fight, Orb mother fight, or the operation itself, - e v e r y t h i n g - lags, fps-wise, for me. It has been to a point where I was critiqued by my squadmates for having slow speed in terms of appearing and casting some specific abilities due to input lag (this also a prevalent problem). I'm using DX12, but downgraded to DX11 with hardware accel. and all the DX features enabled. I've tried everything, starting from doing my improvements on NVIDIA control panel, deactivating game mode, reducing native screen resolution, but all to no avail of getting rid of the - v e r y   p e r s i s t e n t   f p s   s t u t t e r i n g -. And I'm sure I've posted something before, but got no meaningful solution out of it. Please. Help. DE, anyone, please notice the plight of gaming laptop users as this also affects numerous of friends' gaming laptop as well, where they would run other games (Skyrim, LoL, BDO, etc.) just fine but only warframe having this persistent problem.

Well, I know that this won't help you but I have the same problem like you. I am a laptop user as well, with a NVIDIA GeForce 920m, i7-5500U processor and 8GB RAM. The open worlds have become annoying with this problem. I was expecting that 24.4 would solve this problems but no.

Do what you can with your graphics settings, for now, but know that this MAY not be a DE problem. Microsoft somehow in their infinite wisdom, and I don't know how when they have the Microsoft Insiders program and people should have reported it long before now, let slip a bug into the new Windows update. If you got the Windows Update for this month, it's a known issue MS is still working on that's causing hard performance hits causing stuttering in some games, especially Destiny 2 in particular.

It's kind of ironic this worked out this way, because last year Microsoft had to put in software fixes for the hardware CPU problem that allowed the massive Specter and Meltdown security vulnerabilities happen, and these were known to hurt PC performance but were a necessary evil. This month's patch was supposed to have a new version of the fix that didn't impact performance so much, ironic that they put that live and in turn somehow slow performance to one of the biggest parts of their user base using higher end things like high end rendering for games. If you got this month's patch I suppose you might be able to uninstall it and try again if it's impacting you a ton right now.

More about that if anyone cares to read something about it: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-update-ruins-gaming-performance,38761.html

Edited by Drex83

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Almost the same problem here.

normally my game was running with 100+ fps. But since 3 months the game stuttering and the fps dropps every 2 minutes to 20 or 40 . The strange thing is, that the problem only exists in multiplayer. On solo the game runns perfectly.

I already tried to use DirectX 11 and 12, on low and high settings, reinstall the game, update videocard drivers, and reinstall Windows, but the problem still exists,

I don't know. what else to do, except to wait for a fix.

System Info :
Processor : AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eightcore-Processor 3.30 GHz
RAM : 8GB (2x 4GB)
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB.
System Type : Windows 10 Pro  64bit. (x64-based)
Monitor Refresh Rate : 60.00Hz.

Free Space: 670 GB / 1 TB