Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch drop monsters

safaiaryu

I loved the idea of Twitch drop monsters in theory, but in practice, I think they're causing too much frustration for the streamers and viewers. I'm just a Twitch viewer myself, but I feel like I should put my observations out there, as I don't think the drop monster program is working out in the way that DE had intended.

I follow a Twitch Warframe partner who interacts with their viewers constantly, and for the new event, immediately switched to playing Hildryn exclusively, and WANTED to be out on the Vallis showing off Operation: Buried Debts. But as soon as the Twitch monsters got announced, their chat was inundated with new viewers who constantly demanded that they instead be hunting Shield Lancers. And as soon as they killed a drop monster and extracted, within literally a few minutes, a new set of people would come in and complain that the streamer wasn't at that exact moment hunting Shield Lancers.

The worst part is that these viewers often became belligerent, insulting the streamer and their mods and subscribers, sometimes even cussing. Even when the streamer would explain that they had just done the Twitch drop, and were showing off Hildryn and Buried Debts, and the streamer would explain that they would go hunt Shield Lancers again in [fill in time here], the viewers were unsatisfied and antagonistic. Mods intervened when necessary, of course, but the streamer, whom I've been following for months and watch several times a week, became upset for the first time I'd ever seen. This back-and-forth lasted all afternoon.

Again, I loved the idea of drop monsters in theory. It seemed like a fun way for streamers to engage with the viewers. But I cannot imagine DE wanted this sort of stress for their Twitch partners, nor would they want their drop monsters to force the streamers away from showing off brand new content. I'm hoping DE can come up with a better system, such as the drop monsters only appearing on the hour or something similar, to keep the streamers from being harassed.

• Like 1

yeah , with the new update everyone is trying to play on plains and show hyldrin for the sake of the game , but just the fact the monster drop is a grineer lancer makes everything worse, because it FORCES the streamer to play outside the vallis in this case and this means not playing the freshly new released stuff.