Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(IDEA) Hardmode Starchart

Latchei

vor einer Stunde schrieb Latchei:

- lvl 50 base

This whouldn't change anything. Lvl 50 is still to low to be worth your time if you have a decent selection of mods.

-mastery locked/quests require hard mode access

That's just a douchebag idea.

-enemy/warframe modiefiers

modifiers are a stupid idea if you cn choose them you can plan around them, which makes them pointless. (As prooven by sorties)

Reasons for Hard mode

If you need additional loot the make suche a hard mode interesting that means that the idea itself is crap.

It means that it's litereally a solution to a non-existend problem.

Further problems

This whould split the player base, (which has never been a good idea in any game) by making the normal starchart basically empty.

This takes the option from newer players to play public and have better equiped players help them out. Sure, they could ask in chat, but this is unnecessary time consuming and cumbersome for new players who are often overwhelmed by the game anyway.

Fazit

You basically take a massive dump on new players and all jsut because you want to grind faster.

Your idea is extremly selfish and doesn't serve any practical use.

That's true, lvl 50 is still quiet easy but I feel it would make the overall experience a little more interactive while playing on the star chart. With the topic of mastery lock/quest requirements, my thoughts were that newer players could get used to the whole experience without higher level players running through the mission and completing before they even get half way, sure the could just run solo but that does take away they experience a little. 

With the mission setup, adding modifiers to them should at least get you to change your build to some extent or even play different frames which you wouldn't normally play.

True the sortie is easy for players who have everything set up but getting the choice to add 2 random modifiers to any mission for some extra difficulty, for the sake of an increase to the mission rewards or boosters, I think would be worth while personally. Some players I've talked to about mission difficulty would like enemies to start at higher level just to add a bit extra to the missions, a bit more of a challenge.

I don't really understand your reply to "Reasons for a hard mode".

With the problem with splitting the player base, you could even change the initial star chart to be more like a tutorial and then transition to more difficult version. Since you can clear it entirely with the first weapons and frame you get, as long as your through some decent mods on them all. At least then, it isn't separating the player base, just extending new players learning time period, so they can get a better feel for the game and not be overwhelmed by the "veteran" play style.

It is nice getting boosted by better equipped players but if the newer player doesn't want that and would prefer to play with others around the same experience as them they could also be a problem. With my experience, when I first started playing I got a massive help at the start from my friends that had already played for some time, but when my friends weren't online I was totally lost because I was thrown into the deep end without encountering the basics first, just my experience. 

What are your thoughts?

imo, rather than fixing scaling by changing the curve, which doesn't really fix the problems with armor scaling at all anyway, why not fix enemy scaling and warframe scaling by having enemies and warframes have similar base stats and similar maximum stats? IE, a regular grineer can't have more than 540% of it's base health and 210% of it's base armor, and more elite grineer(heavy gunner, bombard, anything Kuva or Elite) can't have more than 1030% for the best of them.

Basically, give enemies similar stat restrictions to players, and then balance weapons/weapon mods around those restrictions. As new mods come out that beef players up more, new enemy variants can be introduced with beefier stats.

It would cap at the same limit players cap at, which is the point. Warframe has a lot of balance issues stemming from the fact that enemies have infinitely increasing stats and players only have cheese and power creep to combat it. The end result is, either tenno weapons are super crazy OP compared to the (supposed to be game-breakingly war-winningly amazing) warframes, or enemies take fiveever to kill. In either case, you also die from a stray glance from most enemies of a high enough level unless you have some sort of invulnerability or you play a super tanky frame, which is it's own brand of power creep.

Reigning in enemy scaling to match player scaling would allow for a rebalance of all frames and weapons, as well as all nodes and missions to be more reasonable, fair, and challenging without relying on stupid cheese like 3 seconds of invulnerabilities or magical game-breaking shields that have a limit to how fast they can die and that remove all support abilities if you get close.

ofc, that's been the way it is for years, and they clearly have no intention of ever actually fixing enemy scaling, or giving it so much as a second thought, since apparently turning Warframe into a job is more important than making it a better game nowadays, but I guess that's what the kids are into.

That would definitely fix a lot of problems with the scaling and power creeping, there would have to be a lot of reworks. Just taking in the fact of adaptation and arcane grace, you can live for ever and take barely any damage. I can kinda understand why they're not dedicating time to it because for a lot of players the difference won't matter to them if they don't do long mission, It would fix arbitration though, if you don't take someone tanky, grants a revive or immortality, at a certain point during the mission you will just die from only god know where. 

I would also bring a new light to some warframes just because it wouldn't matter as much if they are the best in there particular field and you can still run with them.

Scaling is a pretty sensitive thing in the game, so I get it why DE isn’t brave enough to touch it yet. But they are experementing the new damage/scaling system in the upcoming Railjack gamemode.

I like your hardmode star chart idea tho. At least it will keep us fully geared players occupied for the time being.

The reason why Anthem seemed difficult was because new players were unfamiliar and "un-modded." I think new difficulty should come with remixed levels and new ways of completing missions.

The hardmode starchart should require the tenno to utilize their full ability suite and parkour.

Edited by (NSW)Shilvio
misspelling

I didn't know they were doing that with rail jack, that sounds cool though. 

That would also help, making the missions themselves more difficult instead of just the enemies, at least that would make the overall game play a little more interactive. Thats one of the reason for a mission condition for both the enemies and the tile set, just also adding a bit more to the experience. I believe they are making the new Gas city tile set a little more parkour orientated, which should be more of a focus because we are playing as space ninjas after all