Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Trials (The Co-op endgame)

Midas

What are trials?: If you have only recently started Trials once existed as 8 man co-op missions that required a team of coordinated players to solve puzzles which eventually lead up to a big boss fight. Trials could be completed with about 4 players minimum prior to their removal from the game. Trials also used various mechanics that could not or was completely impossible to be completed without group communication.

What can Arbitration Trials bring to the game?: As stated that trials will return sometime this year (Or so I have heard). Arbitration trials would provide a game mode that required immense multiplayer co-op communication to prevent the permanent death of your team mate. Roles are very important in trials for example: if you lost your crowd control user(s) you would lose all cc for that round. A round would be a phase prior to loading into the next part of the trial, then your teammates would respawn. This would require improvising if you lost your teammate during a trial for that round to complete the mission. The concept will be rewarding with COSMETICS ONLY such as Ephemeras that affected projectiles being changed into ethereal snake heads or something very unique. (with a 5.00% drop chance of course because D.E. loves to make us farm lol).

How does this satisfy endgame players that have been playing since drop?: This will provide a reward that cannot be bought with platinum and requires your formaed builds to actually become stable and usable. Most content in Warframe can be done with half completed builds without arcanes etc... This would require players to endure with protective dash from the Vazarin tree or even usage of adaptation or damage reduction to prevent loss of teammates. Phoenix Renewal would be an amazing thing to bring to arbitration trials. This would reward players for making builds and farming up focus for something that actually requires them to use it. THIS IS NOT a new player friendly mission. Endgame players will put in a lot of time to farm these new cosmetics to obtain something they want and utilize clanmates and friends in the process!

What about solo players?: Although the minimum required players for trials is 4, I would like to state the only reward from Arbitration trials would be cosmetics. Solo players have normal arbitrations that reward different Ephemeras currently. This is a multiplayer game mode as it always has been and will probably be much more difficult once trials rerelease... This will in no way hinder solo players because they only obtain cosmetics from trials which is not needed. This would benefit many clans and many friends who wish to play Warframe interactively and provide everyone with something to do that is not your usual easy grind.

Would love feedback on this topic! I think it provides a fun game mode that is challenging and both entertaining because it requires thought and social interaction in warframe! Any ideas for improvements? Give a shout in the comments! Like the concept? Give it a like! NO TOXIC FEEDBACK PLEASE 🙂 This is a productive thread not a flame center.

Dark Background theme bug should be fixed, had no idea what had happened thanks for your patience!

LORhttps://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Law_of_Retribution

- Midas

Edited by Midas
  • Like 1

Formatting is impossibel to read on dark forum background btw.
You might want to look into this.

Besides that... arbitrations currently is a huge mess and not worth it considering the time you have to spend per reward cycle.
I really would like to see Trials return but not like this.

Just now, DarkRuler2500 said:

Formatting is impossibel to read on dark forum background btw.
You might want to look into this.

Besides that... arbitrations currently is a huge mess and not worth it considering the time you have to spend per reward cycle.
I really would like to see Trials return but not like this.

of course it could be an option though for hardcore players to get ephemeras etc.. Normal>Nightmare>Arbitration Trials

Will look into colors (working on formating) 

Thank you for your feedback!

41 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

same as before ->still not able to read it
why do you even change the format?

Confused maybe i'm seeing something different... Turned on dark background, had no idea wtf happened should be fixed now

Edited by Midas

What are trials?: If you have only recently started Trials once existed as 8 man co-op missions that required a team of coordinated players to solve puzzles which eventually lead up to a big boss fight. Trials could be completed with about 4 players minimum prior to their removal from the game. Trials also used various mechanics that could not or was completely impossible to be completed without group communication.

What can Arbitration Trials bring to the game?: As stated that trials will return sometime this year (Or so I have heard). Arbitration trials would provide a game mode that required immense multiplayer co-op communication to prevent the permanent death of your team mate. Roles are very important in trials for example: if you lost your crowd control user(s) you would lose all cc for that round. A round would be a phase prior to loading into the next part of the trial, then your teammates would respawn. This would require improvising if you lost your teammate during a trial for that round to complete the mission. The concept will be rewarding with COSMETICS ONLY such as Ephemeras that affected projectiles being changed into ethereal snake heads or something very unique. (with a 5.00% drop chance of course because D.E. loves to make us farm lol).

How does this satisfy endgame players that have been playing since drop?: This will provide a reward that cannot be bought with platinum and requires your formaed builds to actually become stable and usable. Most content in Warframe can be done with half completed builds without arcanes etc... This would require players to endure with protective dash from the Vazarin tree or even usage of adaptation or damage reduction to prevent loss of teammates. Phoenix Renewal would be an amazing thing to bring to arbitration trials. This would reward players for making builds and farming up focus for something that actually requires them to use it. THIS IS NOT a new player friendly mission. Endgame players will put in a lot of time to farm these new cosmetics to obtain something they want and utilize clanmates and friends in the process!

What about solo players?: Although the minimum required players for trials is 4, I would like to state the only reward from Arbitration trials would be cosmetics. Solo players have normal arbitrations that reward different Ephemeras currently. This is a multiplayer game mode as it always has been and will probably be much more difficult once trials rerelease... This will in no way hinder solo players because they only obtain cosmetics from trials which is not needed. This would benefit many clans and many friends who wish to play Warframe interactively and provide everyone with something to do that is not your usual easy grind.

Would love feedback on this topic! I think it provides a fun game mode that is challenging and both entertaining because it requires thought and social interaction in warframe! Any ideas for improvements? Give a shout in the comments! Like the concept? Give it a like! NO TOXIC FEEDBACK PLEASE 🙂 This is a productive thread not a flame center.

Dark Background theme bug should be fixed, had no idea what had happened thanks for your patience!

LOR: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Law_of_Retribution

- Midas

for people complaining about formatting, I pasted as plaintext instead of rtf.

It's still quite a wall of text and hard to digest, but to TL:DR it as I understood

TL:DR Basically, it's saying bring back raids, but with arbitration style yolo, so if you have your healer go down, for example, that's it, no healer for the rest of the mission.

As for feedback, I think it's going to suck when someone dies, just watching their squad flail around. It was a problem for Cstrike as well, and I think that should be looked into. Maybe have sections within the mission where you can revive lost players more frequently, so you aren't forced out of long segments, or ruin an entire hour of run because you died at the beginning of the last stage, and now there's no way to complete.

Also, for the end boss, I think a downtime being on a timer would be better than having people just down and out for good because the bosses of raid were very cheese. In fact, WF end-game in general has many problems with enemy and player cheese preventing this kind of thing from being fun or fair without careful planning and consideration.

It's a pretty interesting idea, though, and would definitely force some very different playstyle, much moreso than arbitration or raid ever did on their own.