Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace needs a rework

SpycrabSurprise

I love the Boltace. (source:put 341k kuva into a riven to get a good roll). But, with Melee 2.9 the Telos Boltace has become unusable. Before, you had a choice to when the Stormpath would activate (quick melee vs equipped melee). But now, you don't have that choice. Having enemies yeeted to the other side of the room when I'm trying to slide attack ruins it. Two ideas come to mind:
1. Remove the second half of the Stormpath, leaving in the first vacuum function
2. The Stormpath only triggers while channeling. This would bring back the choice of when to use it.

proof on that riven claim

finalboltace.PNG

You and a majority of players in the past have recommended DE to change the Telos Boltace. I myself have been a fervent advocate in changing the weapon. 

Personally, I wouldn’t want a channeling perk on it since we’re still not clear what DE intends to do with channeling.

My changes for many posts in these topics have always been clear cut and always had the intent of increasing the form factor, usability, and simplicity of the Telos Boltace. Why it’s taking DE so long to follow up on our disapproving feedback about the weapon is unclear again.

What I’ve suggested in the past and will suggest again are these changes:

1. Remove the second slide mechanic that pushes and ragdolls enemies away. Tonfas’ strengths lie within their slide attack, pushing enemies away is counterintuitive to reaching your melee close-quarters-combat range to perform that slide attack.
  2. Increase the range on the initial slide mechanic’s vacuum and buff the damage-over-time tick enough to break boxes/containers. This is just a means to compensate for the removal of the second slide mechanic and would boost the overall form factor of the weapon.
  3. Remove the cooldown on slide attack mechanic. We can oftentimes see enemies “animation-block” certain effects that we perform to CC them. It’s also inconsistent with regards to form factor to have a cooldown on this type of mechanic when Exodia Hunt does something similar if not better.
  4. After reading several posts in the past about the Telos Boltace, especially from @Voltage, the Telos Boltace’s Syndicate passive for increased parkour velocity should be consistent whether you have your melee on-hand equipped or not. This especially so with Melee 2.9 and further development in progress.

It’s honestly a shame that the Telos Boltace hasn’t had any follow-up in these recent updates, but with the patchnotes that detailed the changes to Synoid Simulor and Tonkor I’m still anticipating what DE has in store for these tonfas.

It is not just the telos boltace. It is all syndicate weapon in general. IMO only 3 out of those 18 worth using. Why do you lock a weapon behind MR12 and make it useless? Before the weapon balance when I reach MR12 I was very excitied because I can get my hands on Synoid Simulor, right now it is just another mastery fodder.

Edited by justin0620