The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Big drop in network performance/stability since 24.5.2

Moscatinka

I've noticed a huge drop in network stability since the 24.5.2 update. I had racked up around 740 hours of play time until this update without ever having a single crash or performance issue. The only time I ever noticed a network issue at all was if my router actually went down, and even then the few times that happened a quick reset of the router would typically fix the issue without any game crashes or hangs.

I'm running a good gaming rig that can play the game consistently and effortlessly at 75 fps (capped by vsync) and I have top (consumer) level broadband with an ISP that is generally considered one of the best in the world. I've ran various tests to make sure there was no performance degradation on my end, of which there is no sign. Note that I always run in Solo mode, so the computers or networks of other players do not play a role. Download cache has been checked and optimized. I'm on mainland Europe.

Since patch 24.5.2 I have received the occasional red network not responding messages even though my network is up and running as normal. This typically seems to happen on load screens - I've had it happen on login (after typing in my password) as well as after finishing a mission. When loading into a busy Fortuna instance from my orbiter, the game sometimes locks for 10+ seconds - rendering is still going on at 75 fps however nothing is moving and my inputs have no effect, it's just entirely unresponsive for what seems a long time. Although I got no error messages in these instances and it recovered by itself, it feels like the network is unresponsive for as long as it takes to download all visible warframes, since after this hang all black Excalibur models suddenly pop into view in their full glory.

This is all very clearly tied to the 24.5.2 update, before this update (as said for 740 hours) things like this never happened, but since that update it seems to be a frequent occurrence with a problem as described at least once every few hours.

It's hard to put my finger on what exactly is going on, but I am 99% certain it is related to network code, not graphical performance or something like that. I hope you guys can improve this to pre-24.5.2 levels.

Download this: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/complete_internet_repair.html  then after installed, open it up and click all the options so it can reset your internet settings and other stuff to default in case a virus changed your internet settings or if it removed a setting from registry.   Now after that Go download Pointstone LLC's internet accelerator 2 and once it is installed, run it and choose your connection and let it optimize your internet by allowing more packets etc...  and then when it asks to restart tap restart and restart your pc (keep in mind you should run this program once before you game, so if you game everyday then you need to run this once before you want to play your game).  Then once you restarted, you need to download internet speed booster 2 from Microsoft store application, open it up and tap the boost button, it says it is optimizing packets and configuring hardware within your registry settings which tweaks your internet to allow way more packets than normal which helps reduce online game problems such as lag to connection loss (you need to use this program daily and after you hit boost then just tap on minimize and let it continue to run in your background while you are playing warframe.  This is a temporary solution and sometimes the connections can be super bad still but you will notice a huge improvement as it has fixed my connection almost completely, and I way more rarely get the problem you have stated.  I use a windows 10 Asus republic of gamers gaming laptop that is high end for gaming and it also has a very high end wifi internal card in it and I was still having problems like you had.  These 3 programs should really help you out though, please let me know once you start using these 3 programs and let me know how your internet works as I am curious and I also want to help you fix this, so please keep me posted, thank you.

9 hours ago, Moscatinka said:

I have received the occasional red network not responding messages even though my network is up and running as normal. ... When loading into a busy Fortuna instance from my orbiter, the game sometimes locks for 10+ seconds

Check EE.log for something like "ClanEmblems" and "Latency: 84.1s".  Clan emblem took more then 10+ seconds? Loading of clan emblem from the internet server, freezes the game for some time, then unfreezes after it finished loaded. The red "Network not responding" may have something to do with poor connection. This is either poor servers, poor user's connection, or poor network path between computer and server.

Edited by sam686
Spell fix

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm a CS graduate, professional client/server engineer for 2 decades and a computer hardware & software hobbyist for 4, I know exactly what my computer and network does from the top right down to the bare bones. I wouldn't have made this post unless I had verified for and eliminated client-side issues first. There is nothing wrong with my computer or network, the issues are isolated to Warframe only and given the timing of their start and the nature of the 24.5.2 update they are most likely linked to the changes that were meant to fix certain issues with host migrations, and which seem to have had a detrimental effect on the connectivity in solo mode. So I'm going to give DE a chance to fix what's broken, rather than trying to repair what isn't (like the page you are advertising advises too) 🙂

En 21/3/2019 a las 4:43, RagingTyphoon dijo:

Then once you restarted, you need to download internet speed booster 2 from Microsoft store application, open it up and tap the boost button, it says it is optimizing packets and configuring hardware within your registry settings which tweaks your internet to allow way more packets than normal which helps reduce online game problems such as lag to connection loss (you need to use this program daily and after you hit boost then just tap on minimize and let it continue to run in your background while you are playing warframe. 

Dude take a look of the description of that app in the MS store

b56de2df0507b827608f0a72dd47ed30o.png

• 2 weeks later...