Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone have a sortie level Khora build?

(PSN)AstralSaiyan

Question

I finally got Khora about 2 weeks ago and I really like her play style, tie the enemies up and then whip em. It is a lot of fun on non sortie levels but I would like to play her on all types and was wondering if there is a sortie level build or even ESO level build for her. I have invested 2 forma in her already. I made her aura v so I can use Steel Charge and I believe the other was a dash polarity. But please if anyone can help me out here that would be awesome. Thanks!

19 answers to this question

Starter version:

https://tennoware.com/warframes/khora/11212000300w405t505p710h105w605a1030a10w510w805c00500000000

For everyday use, replace the augment with transient fortitude.

Endgame:

https://tennoware.com/warframes/khora/11212223300w405t505p710h004w604a103n405w510y910y810b403b403

Drop the augment for everything below sortie 3, its anyway one hit. Add stretch (yes makes sense going above 200%), replace steel with agility for more speed as you wish.

Khora is the most expensive frame in the game atm. This build needs a decent statstick on the melee slot and a ton of forma investments in her and her cat.

You will get a fast, ranged, highly damaging frame with a ton of cc (+a cat).

If Hildryn is the hammer, so is Khora the foil.

Edited by Fiewel

Khora is very powerful, has good survivability, I haven't got into any trouble with this build.

- Steel Charge

- Power Drift

- Steel Fiber

- Vitality

- Intensity

- Primed Continuity

- Streamline

- Reach

- Accumulating Whipclaw

In Arbitration, replace Reach with Venari Bodyguard. I don't think long range is absolutely necessary, it makes managing the Strangledome hard. But if you use Ensnare rather than Strangledome for crowd control, it's quite the opposite. For Venari:

- Link Health + Armour

- Bite

- Maul

- Sharpened Claws

- Swipe

- Pack Leader

- Hunter Command, Synergy, Recovery

As above mentioned, you'll need a decent stat stick as well. Whipclaw benefits from your mods equipped to your melee weapon, but the stats of the weapon itself has no effect on it! So it worth chosing something can be equipped with powerful mods, something with syndicate mods maybe. I don't have a build for this yet, but check out the Wiki, it has some nice ideas: 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Whipclaw

Edit: I have 5 formas on Khora and Venari as well. Not something you usually get done in one sitting, but worth the time and resources!

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh

When you're not in a killing mood and just wanna breeze through some sortie missions go with 40% strength mega range Khora. Her strangledome can hold every enemy the game can spawn. Interceptions can be incredibly peaceful.

Could be considered a bit dull but sometimes you want a change of pace.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

If you wanna turn it up another notch (does require more work with forma tho), is to go with a high range / Strength build for Whipclaw and then put in a Helminth Charger as well!

One of the strong sides with Khora is that she can have 2 pets at the same time! You can of course go with a Kubrow or another Kavat, its down to personal preference, but Helminth for me personally is a good choice considering the Trample it can do (knocks down multiple enemies) and grab enemies with a leash. The little robots (Guardians) are nice but I feel they are more reliable for a defensive approach (with restoring shields and health) while another beast pet adds more possibilities to go full "Beast Master" with more offense.

Im currently running with Venari and a Helminth, which has allowed me to perform much better in sorties and arbitrations with more damage, covering more ground as Venari and the Helminth just goes at them. It has given me more damage output, less enemies to deal with and some more added CC with the Helminth grabbing and knocking down groups of enemies.

PS: You can get a Helminth by removing a Helminth Cyst (a Pink thingie on your warframes neck), use it along with the normal kubrow breeding process and viola, you got a Helminth. Requires the standard things you need for breeding a kubrow (the egg, power cell etc) and then just add in the cyst in the mix.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Softballbryan:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rJZ7xSSMB7APF7F26

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SqzFiyCB6pJh5T7W6

This is my build... i put me cat on myself to heal me and roll....

This is the same fault Brozime did. Put Hunter Recovery on Venari plus aggresive mode and you will get way more healing. Like 3-4 times more. Put Venari only on healmode for healing defense targets or if you have low MR player/squishies in party.

10 hours ago, Fiewel said:

Starter version:

https://tennoware.com/warframes/khora/11212000300w405t505p710h105w605a1030a10w510w805c00500000000

For everyday use, replace the augment with transient fortitude.

Endgame:

https://tennoware.com/warframes/khora/11212223300w405t505p710h004w604a103n405w510y910y810b403b403

Drop the augment for everything below sortie 3, its anyway one hit. Add stretch (yes makes sense going above 200%), replace steel with agility for more speed as you wish.

Khora is the most expensive frame in the game atm. This build needs a decent statstick on the melee slot and a ton of forma investments in her and her cat.

You will get a fast, ranged, highly damaging frame with a ton of cc (+a cat).

If Hildryn is the hammer, so is Khora the foil.

Thank you. Currently I am using Nikana Prime as my melee (I have no riven for any melee right now). How should I build the cat? Also I am guessing strength doesn't matter that much since her whipclaw damage is based off melee weapon?

Khoras strength matters only if you do not use the augment, because "Damage bonus is additive to the one provided by ability strength. This diminishes the effectiveness of modding for Ability Strength alongside the Augment." So if you do not use the augment use transient fortitude (or if you want speed, armored agility).

Here is my build for the cat. 

https://tennoware.com/beasts/venari/11112333110d410a610h303a305d110d010c910c605i603g203

On this build there are several flex slots. You should always have: link armor, link health, hunter recovery, animal instinct, sharpened claws and maul.

Flex are: link shields, tek assault, bite, venom teeth.

I wouldnt use pack leader like in most Venari builds. IMO its a trap for new players or at least needs some experience to use. It forces you into melee range and that means your targets have to be ensnared or in later levels its suicide. It does not work with whipclaw.

Swipe does not work with sharpened claws, so its kinda pointless to use with Venari.

Use link mods only if you have means to increase khoras armor/life (vitality/steel/arcanes/party buffs). Else use metal fiber, enhanced vitality. Use whatever gives more.

Debatable flex: link shields - gives my Venari 300 shields, not much but everything helps for my cat. Tek assault - is a weak mod, doesnt do much for 99% of its life and if Venari is about to die its a rnd toss if it gets triggered or not. Bite - Venari has one reason and thats healing her Mistress (and stripping armor), Bite increases her damage output which is fairly unimportant if you are anyway oneshotting everything. Simply too slow, but why not. Venom teeth - I had a slot.

If you are in need of a slot for fetch, drop tek assault. You want Venari alive and healing Khora 100% of the time. 

Edited by Fiewel

1 hour ago, Fiewel said:

This is the same fault Brozime did. Put Hunter Recovery on Venari plus aggresive mode and you will get way more healing. Like 3-4 times more. Put Venari only on healmode for healing defense targets or if you have low MR player/squishies in party.

Weird, I just looked up 2 Brozime videos on her and he built her differently than the build I showed....

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Softballbryan:

Weird, I just looked up 2 Brozime videos on her and he built her differently than the build I showed....

> This is my build... i put me cat on myself to heal me and roll....

At 4:35 and following hes doing the same fault.

3 minutes ago, Fiewel said:

> This is my build... i put me cat on myself to heal me and roll....

At 4:35 and following hes doing the same fault.

Your wording of “fault” is confusing based on your first response. If I now understand you, you’re indicating something different than using her cat to heal with the 3rd ability? You suggest the mod on the cat to heal instead correct?

the build itself is different than his build...

2 hours ago, Fiewel said:

Khoras strength matters only if you do not use the augment, because "Damage bonus is additive to the one provided by ability strength. This diminishes the effectiveness of modding for Ability Strength alongside the Augment." So if you do not use the augment use transient fortitude (or if you want speed, armored agility).

Here is my build for the cat. 

https://tennoware.com/beasts/venari/11112333110d410a610h303a305d110d010c910c605i603g203

On this build there are several flex slots. You should always have: link armor, link health, hunter recovery, animal instinct, sharpened claws and maul.

Flex are: link shields, tek assault, bite, venom teeth.

I wouldnt use pack leader like in most Venari builds. IMO its a trap for new players or at least needs some experience to use. It forces you into melee range and that means your targets have to be ensnared or in later levels its suicide. It does not work with whipclaw.

Swipe does not work with sharpened claws, so its kinda pointless to use with Venari.

Use link mods only if you have means to increase khoras armor/life (vitality/steel/arcanes/party buffs). Else use metal fiber, enhanced vitality. Use whatever gives more.

Debatable flex: link shields - gives my Venari 300 shields, not much but everything helps for my cat. Tek assault - is a weak mod, doesnt do much for 99% of its life and if Venari is about to die its a rnd toss if it gets triggered or not. Bite - Venari has one reason and thats healing her Mistress (and stripping armor), Bite increases her damage output which is fairly unimportant if you are anyway oneshotting everything. Simply too slow, but why not. Venom teeth - I had a slot.

If you are in need of a slot for fetch, drop tek assault. You want Venari alive and healing Khora 100% of the time. 

Thank you again. If I may trouble you one last time, what are good mods to put on melee weapon since that effects whipclaw? 

You normally try to get a mire, jaw sword (as they have augments), or any other high 5er dispo weapon so you have a shot at a potent riven (which works for whipclaw). Nonetheless watching Brozimes youtube vid again, I realize that hes offering a budget version of Khora melee weapon. 

So here is the budget version with the Venka:

https://tennoware.com/meleeweapons/venka/1100002000f303j505p405j005d803e805m605i605n503v

Use the same modsetup for other weapons and drop spoiled strike if you get a good riven.

Edited by Fiewel

If forma is a problem,  just drop some mods on venari (like tek  assault or link shields). The biggest difference will be gettting a good riven, which catapults Khora in Mesa regions damagewise. This also is the most expensive part, as Khoras whipclaw benefits greatly from critstats and also from status (different to Gara/Atlas). And those rivens are insanely expensive.

Anyway, good luck  and have fun with her!

• Like 1