The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't You Even Nerf The Soma (Inb4Strunwraith)

lronPatriot

For all we know soma will not be something special after armor 2.0. We should not have got soma before the revamp and only because they needed more time did we get it know.

DE isn't dumb they have not nerfed wraith yet and that leads me to believe that the armor and damage changes will be significant.

They did nerf wraith, i do agree it was a bit op with 125% crit, but Soma is fine.

They did nerf wraith, i do agree it was a bit op with 125% crit, but Soma is fine.

That was a typo that they fixed in a little over an hour. I would have expected soma to be nerfed within the first 24 hours if a similar thing had happened again. 

Edited by LazyKnight

Lie more, this weapon is a english horse same as the grakata, without mods is crap.

I went to neptune with just crit chance and crit damage mods... still kicked &#! without piercing hit even.

Except when I went up against Corpus Techs.

Edited by Vaskadar

If they can't do the math on 35% crit they shouldn't be making video games.

if you can't handle a game in an unfinished stage having changes, you shouldn't be playing games in an unreleased stage.

the ToS you agreed to stated that things can change at any time. for the better of the game.

Yes but not nerfed.

that is a 'nerf'. 

8.4x Crit Damage puts Soma in an odd catagory, an odder one when we consider this is essentially just as available as a Braton.

that being said, i'm interested to see what becomes of Soma. when i saw it was coming, i could instantly see it was a Harmonica gun. so i was already in love. this means i now have Primary and Secondary with Harmonica guns :>

still waiting on Harmonica melee's and Harmonica Deth machine gun spooling drum. 

Edited by taiiat

I went to neptune with just crit chance and crit damage mods... still kicked &#! without piercing hit even.

Except when I went up against Corpus Techs.

20% should be fine, but 3x base damage with 35% base crit chance is ludicrous. Was killing corpus no problem with it on higher levels without mods.

Addendum: it wasn't very ammo efficient at that point, hehe.

See how the things changes now ?

if you can't handle a game in an unfinished stage having changes, you shouldn't be playing games in an unreleased stage.

the ToS you agreed to stated that things can change at any time. for the better of the game.

No what this shows is they don't even bother testing their stuff before they release it. Sure we are "Beta Testers", but don't give us a cookie then later snatch it. Also Beta has no meaning in this game when it's treated as released on steam. 

It ranks with Hind ?

With 35% crit chance and a 300% crit damage on a 150 base dps ? And for a primary with the best crit mods, at that.

You're going too far on this one, no one will even consider believing it.

I don't think the soma in itself deserves a nerf, but it should have not been so readily accessible considering its potential.

So now that the cat is out of the box, the devs will have little choice, sadly...

considering with hammer shots/vital sense the crit damage can get up to the 800%s with a maxed point strike you're sitting at 87.5% chance to crit

yeah i would say it's quite ridiculous. the 10 damage doesn't hold it back nearly as much as you think it would

that and it's tied with having one of the biggest clips in the game +2 attack polarities

This gun is frigging amazing, but i think it should be the gold standard.. not nerfed! it's really fun to use

considering with hammer shots/vital sense the crit damage can get up to the 800%s with a maxed point strike you're sitting at 87.5% chance to crit

yeah i would say it's quite ridiculous. the 10 damage doesn't hold it back nearly as much as you think it would

that and it's tied with having one of the biggest clips in the game +2 attack polarities

This gun is frigging amazing, but i think it should be the gold standard.. not nerfed! it's really fun to use

You are telling me that with the right mods a weapon with good potential become better ?

It's a crit gun, rifle crit are good and damage are so-so; secondary damage are good and crit lag behind the rifle ones.

The case with soma is the same as with the strun wraith or the despair: the itemization is with them.

ITT: people &!$$ing their pants when confronted with the inevitable.

Do you people even care about balance?

People who wants soma nerfed and useless : a bunch of guys with others rifles like supra and braton with 9 formas

People who say Fuk off : pretty much all the comunity exept you and that group.

You said ?

Edited by Dasmir

OK I'll be honest, I really don't see why the Soma has 3x critical damage(but I'm digging it hard anyway). I'm just really happy to have a weapon with a high enough base critical chance to average better than 3/4 attacks to be critical. Whatever is done, please don't touch the damn critical chance.

People who wants soma nerfed and useless : a bunch of guys with others rifles like supra and braton with 9 formas

People who say Fuk off : pretty much all the comunity exept you and that group.

You said ?

Get back to me when you can tie two words together coherently without coughing up brain matter wherever you go.

Edited by krisp