Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forced Extraction

I just got forced out of a mission because two of the four players didn't want to fight level 140 Wolf of Saturn Six. Sure, that's understandable, since he's trash, but I wanted to stick it out and take him down. Presumably, so did the other guy who stayed. However, because two players didn't want to let us, we got screwed out of it.

I've been forced out of Naeglar, Eris repeatedly while trying to find caches (often the third cache), when the mission is a void fissure or Kuva. And you know what that isn't? Fair. It is, however, extremely aggravating, so if that's what you're going for in your game design, kudos, you did it.

You've already made it possible to extract without your team in Survival and Excavation. Keep going. Let us decide when we want to leave on all missions.

This might raise some complications with, say, Rescue, but I'd just have the Rescue target extract with the first player and let everyone else do their thing. It's no different than staying on a map after Exterminate or Capture is finished.

If you aren't playing missions to just get stuff done fast and get out, you probably want to be playing inv only or solo.

Funnily enough I usually do solo because pubs are too inefficient or slow, but it works both ways. Point is if you're not doing what most people want to do, it'll save you a lot of headache to do stuff solo. 

Not saying you shouldn't ask for individual extraction, I've been asking for it for years for endless game types (instead of just int/def), but just letting you know what you can do in the meantime

They need to make serious improvements to the current solo extract for survival and excavation before even considering inflicting it on every mission type.

Have you played much survival/excavation since the solo extract was added? My experience is that when the host leaves, the host migration often boots you back to your orbiter and you lose everything.

I'm not even trying to stay, I just didn't happen to get to the extraction point fast enough. I'm very disappointed that solo extract was added without also adding something like an "always leave with host" option.

@tarfeef:

A group can do more things at once. One person does kuva, one does the mission, two search for caches, as an example. Obviously, I don't have that coordinated with the group, but it'd be nice if, in public, I could at least partially benefit from the value of a group without getting a serious rage-inducing negative.

@Elvenbane

I have played a fair amount, but I have not noticed this issue.

However, I'm often the host or on my way out with the host, or on my own.

I've left my friend behind a few times, though, and he hasn't had that issue. Maybe it's a PS4 thing?

Edited by twitch.tv_Mythraen