Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Madness

(XBOX)Erudite Prime

42 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Nothing. We all spent real money on imaginary things; if those imaginary things disappear...well, I believe we're capable of understanding that was a risk.

That would be an actual spit in the face considering people farmed literal days worth of time into their rivens. That would be the fastest way to kill off a section of your playerbase, While you may like that idea, it is a stupid idea.

Best thing about rivens is the negative IPS stuff as it can cause some great stuff to happen, but it really just scratching the surface of rivens's potential. I believe they should enhance stats like zoom to give accuracy increases, and have other effects, or make rifles and secondaries to have rivens as an auxillary slots like melee, making it like an addition to your weapon that you can slot in and change the way the gun work. This can allow more variety into the way a gun can function as just loading on multishot yield dimishning returns.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)TeddyTalks said:

Legally, no. However, for the goodwill of the community, there needs to be.

I don't disagree. Business concerns are a differnet animal. 

Frankly, I'd be happy with the idea someone floated (maybe in this thread? Or another? There are so many) of rolling back these changes, locking current rivens from trade or future change, and starting anew. On the one hand, there is compensation / goodwill in having current rivens restored to their potency. On the other hand, the entire current riven market is wiped to the ground.

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

2 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

I don't disagree. Business concerns are a differnet animal. 

Frankly, I'd be happy with the idea someone floated (maybe in this thread? Or another? There are so many) of rolling back these changes, locking current rivens from trade or future change, and starting anew. On the one hand, there is compensation / goodwill in having current rivens restored to their potency. On the other hand, the entire current riven market is wiped to the ground.

I liked that idea more. Legacy rivens are unsmacked so people stop crying. It gives assurance that the prices they pay now are the prices they will always be worth (if not scammed). However... it makes balancing pointless, as some people will always have the top of the line gear and eviscerate everything with their 5/5 riven dispo weapon that now is currently unachievable. It not perfect, but it is a better solution. Not like the game is not cheese able anyway. Just buy Octavia on a market discount.

3 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Nothing. We all spent real money on imaginary things; if those imaginary things disappear...well, I believe we're capable of understanding that was a risk.

This sounds like it's from Metal Gear Solid. Also, like I already said, I'm not even talking about real money being spent. I'm just talking about a huge amount of things being removed from the game. As it has already been explained, DE has a precedent for compensating players when they do things like this.

7 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Well then, I'd still have the best possible buff for the weapon I'm using, so I would have nothing to complain about. So again, not sure what the all fuss is about. 

It's not a difficult concept. Yes, it's still good overall but it's much weaker than it was before. If you are literally unable to comprehend why that would upset people, there is nothing I can do to help you understand.

PS - I got it backwards about the Lanka's disposition going up, but my example still stands. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite God

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite God said:

It's not a difficult concept. Yes, it's still good overall but it's much weaker than it was before. If you are literally unable to comprehend why that would upset people, there is nothing I can do to help you understand.

PS - I got it backwards about the Lanka's disposition going up, but my example still stands. 

But it's still the best, right? 

Not very different from stuff getting nerfed any other time, I figure. The gun still works better with it, than without it, right?

So if you paid for something with the best set of stats, you would still have the  thing with the best set of stats, wouldn't you? 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

But it's still the best, right? 

Not very different from stuff getting nerfed any other time, I figure. The gun still works better with it, than without it, right?

So if you paid for something with the best set of stats, you would still have the  thing with the best set of stats, wouldn't you? 

It's a less better best version of its former betterer bestest self.

tenor.gif?itemid=12756618