Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

my issues with ephemera's and their missions they are tied too.

maddragonmaster

i definately know there are going to be people that are going to come up here and come off with the idea either they should be a nightmare to farm with  frustratingly awful rng for what type of mission they are tied to for what they offer. but i'm just going to point out that theses ephemera's aren't really tied to any challenge or what not its just rng that becomes slightly bearable when you have friends or clanmates to run it. sadly since it is really hard for me to make friends and keep friends playing this game well it turns into into a type of frustration thats along the lines of desk headbanging (not literally) especially since most public groups don't go past 4 waves of elite sanctuary onslaught or at least most of the pubs i have to deal with. 

yes i know there are plenty of ways of walking around the issue i have but it takes a constant effort for me. summoning the strength to ask for help to a bunch of strangers is something i really don't like doing. sometimes i don't even ask for help with anyone i know.  i just hate wasting anyone's time. 

and the reason i don't go out there and try to find more friends or a new clan is because well its very hard for me. and well i can't get an easy read on the warframe community, people say that warframe is one of the good communities or what not but when i take a deeper look it is just chaotic. people arguing about difficulty content, meta over runs the community, people taking jokes serious, people that rather suggest you something else rather then agree with you when you state a problem, people don't take other peoples issues serious (might be a little guilty of this), and ect.

anyways what i am saying this game and this community  is a bit overwhelming and its hard to find the right people to run with me because well i don't really know where to look or anyone that goes at the pace i prefer when playing this game.

Edited by maddragonmaster

There is one Ephemera that I find to be what all should be. And that is the bleeding body ephemera. You simply have to work for it and acquiring it is guaranteed.

But as for the point with the thread, I get it. Teaming up can be annoying for some. Personally I have grown a bit out of it and just see what I get when going to recruitment chat. If a run goes well I just invite them to another round. And at times that can give you a nice and comfortable farming spree.

Not disagreeing or anything. But I'll just make 2 points on this:

• Regardless of where they are found they are still a status symbol. And that's both for effort (Blood Ephemera), and luck (all others), or both (you still have to reach Wave eight and rotation C of ESO and Arbitrations)
  • They are marketed towards veterans who are able to do endgame on rinse and repeat mode, with their min-max builds, and because they have the know-how to increase their chances.

Why is it like this? Well, "you ask, you shall receive". Remember all the complaining over Lato and Braton Vandal? Remember the Rift Sigil? Remember Umbra and Keyface Prime? Remember "muh effort during that event/muh contribution"? Yeah, apparently half of us want stuff to be accessible. Half of us wants to keep our pride and status. So DE came up with these over-the-top cosmetics and threw it at the ones who want these pseudo-exclusives. Besides it's not like they are really needed at all, much less week one.

My advice: Farm them by not farming them.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Not disagreeing or anything. But I'll just make 2 points on this:

• Regardless of where they are found they are still a status symbol. And that's both for effort (Blood Ephemera), and luck (all others), or both (you still have to reach Wave eight and rotation C of ESO and Arbitrations)
  • They are marketed towards veterans who are able to do endgame on rinse and repeat mode, with their min-max builds, and because they have the know-how to increase their chances.

Why is it like this? Well, "you ask, you shall receive". Remember all the complaining over Lato and Braton Vandal? Remember the Rift Sigil? Remember Umbra and Keyface Prime? Remember "muh effort during that event/muh contribution"? Yeah, apparently half of us want stuff to be accessible. Half of us wants to keep our pride and status. So DE came up with these over-the-top cosmetics and threw it at the ones who want these pseudo-exclusives. Besides it's not like they are really needed at all, much less week one.

My advice: Farm them by not farming them.

I knew there was going to be someone that’s going to go on about the blah blah it’s a status for veterans who think too high of themselves and would recommend mend me to not farm them since I have a problems with this

9 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

I knew there was going to be someone that’s going to go on about the blah blah it’s a status for veterans who think too high of themselves and would recommend mend me to not farm them since I have a problems with this

98f.png

My friend. You are the one who should remove your frustration-tinted glasses because I agreed with you. All I stated were facts, and never did I state if I agreed with them or not. And you, as much as me, don't have to agree with these stated facts, you just have to accept them as I have.

And for your frustration-tinted ear plugs which prevent you from extrapolate from a statement: "Farm by not farming = Play the game naturally, it'll drop eventually". You're the one on a rush and burning yourself out to take it out on others because you can't control yourself. My statement remains, and if you only came here to hear stuff to please you, or if you had hope someone would magically drop by and comment "Poof, Tenno! Now all you have to do is login and there'll be a message in your inbox with an Ephemera full pack!", I feel sorry for you.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

98f.png

My friend. You are the one who should remove your frustration-tinted glasses because I agreed with you. All I stated were facts, and never did I state if I agreed with them or not. And you, as much as me, don't have to agree with these stated facts, you just have to accept them as I have.

And for your frustration-tinted ear plugs which prevent you from extrapolate from a statement: "Farm by not farming = Play the game naturally, it'll drop eventually". You're the one on a rush and burning yourself out to take it out on others because you can't control yourself. My statement remains, and if you only came here to hear stuff to please you, or if you had hope someone would magically drop by and comment "Poof, Tenno! Now all you have to do is login and there'll be a message in your inbox with an Ephemera full pack!", I feel sorry for you.

Yes I am salty right now since someone came in acting like I never heard de state they intended this to be for vets and proceeded to tell me what I felt was a long worded “deal with it” and if that was what your just saying then just straight up say it don’t try and craft a long worded explanation

• Like 1

plus the word their wording in a way thats driving me up the wall 

3 hours ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

i don't know why but thats half the reason i got rather irritated. it's not like i am throwing a dang fit saying this should be for everyone and what not i am just stating that most of the ephemera's aren't what DE made it out like they were going to do.  they don't feel like a status or an exclusive they just feel empty for what pain and frustration they put though someone that has the resources to do it but not the luck.  i have the frames and weapons with the builds that can hold my own share of these attempts yet it never gets me any dang closer to getting it because they are both way drawn out and don't have drop rates that even out the problem.

plus how can i not farm them to  farm them? its one of the only things that is stuck in my brain. i collected most of the weapons i like playing with. plus they have that bleeding ephemera have that kind of access yet have the rest be a headache to get? why didn't they create a point system and a ephemera vendor to spend the points.  i don't care if i have to run ESO  1000 times or what not as long as i can see a visible progress for it. that even though i don't like the idea is something i can actually accept as a acceptable trial for some special thing for people wants to work for it.

Edited by maddragonmaster
  • Like 1