The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Best Shotgun In Warframe?

--Q--XFA

Question

The best shotgun so far is the Strun Wraith, but if you weren't there during the Survival Event, then there's no way in obtaining it.

Other than that, I would recommend the Dual Broncos or Bronco Prime sidearm (they are pistol shotguns). I think the great strength they have comes from using pistol mods, which are pretty superior to most weapon mods. If you were looking for legit shotgun primary, the suggestions above are good to consider.

NOTE: There will be a future, double-barrel Tenno shotgun. If it's as powerful as the new Soma compared to its peers, then I will suggest considering looking at that shotty in the future when they release it.

Edited by Casardis

Per shot? Hek is the best. Cheapest, but still pretty good (imo)? Strun. Sobek is also good, has better DPS than the hek/strun, but might be a little expensive. Also has better damage per shot than the boar, but I think the boar is best in DPS (but also the worst in ammo efficiency.)

Not anymore. Swraith has more damage, bigger clip and higher fire rate. It's only a bit less accurate.

and

Heeeere coooomes the SWraith fanboys~!

Otherwise, Hek/Sobek.

Present!

Edited by DarkFireRogue

Strun Wraith blows every other shotgun out of the water (lol) in terms of damage per second. Reasonable accuracy. High fire rate. Decent clip size & fast reload. High crit rate.

Unfortunately, it was an event exclusive! If you missed it... too bad I guess? Blame DE for making the most powerful shotgun in the game an exclusive weapon.

If you like accurate shotguns, Hek is semi-auto, Sobek is full-auto. If you prefer a wider cone, Strun is semi-auto, Boar is full-auto (Boar has widest cone). Check out the Warframe wiki for stats and a bit more detail.

Unfortunately, having only just started playing Warframe about 3 weeks ago I missed my chance to obtain the SWraith on account of failing to meet the mission event objectives.  At the moment, my only experience with shotguns so far has been with the Boar.  Tricked out this gun will chew through it's ammo pretty quickly.  However, with that said, it has been one of my favourite guns to use.  Why? Rag doll physics + launching some dead enemies after being shot = laugh out loud madness.  Seriously, this gun has delivered in the lulz department for me ten times over. :)

All you idiots can stop mentioning the strunwraith it was event only and unless they add another way to get it in game all your posts are pointless.

The hek has better spike damage(much better if you ever manage to loot hells chamber), and the sobek better sustained dps, better if you want to keep a boss stunned or keep his shields down.

Edited by HexCaliber

Moved to the proper section.

To answer the TS' question (I'm assuming he's new and didn't get the Strun Wraith from the Survival Event):

Sobek - My favorite because of sustained DPS and decent range, I can confidently say I can take this up against high level content e.g. T3 void defense and not feel inadequate. I do have 5 forma in it though, to fit all the damage mods.

if you  get mastery rank 4 and have time to forma few times get HEK ,

its ammo saving not like sobek or boar that chews through ammo like kid candy on Halloween, it has great dmg and  will get you through every planet easily and will serve you really good for looong time, untill you start hitting those lv 150+ enemies in endless defence

kmtn.png