Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POE enemy detection and Tusk Thumper disappearing

CrazyDarkSonic

-Squad of 2

-Both of us were fighting the thumper at the same time

-About 30m distance from the thumper

-Titania and Wisp, no archwing except Titanias 4

-No ghouls were present

This is incredibly annoying, 'cause we almost had the Tusk Thumper Doma down, you know, the one for Nightwave, and then he just *poofs* out of existence. Here's a video showing it at around 0:20: 

At almost 50% health, the Doma Thumper poofed out of existence. I hunted for another one soon after, and it disappeared at 25% health. I don't remember the distance for the first time, but the second time it was no more than 20 meters away. Both times solo.

I've also encountered this bug once. A thumper that was right next to me just up and vanished.

If I had to guess the cause, since it was having some... difficulty with the rocky, bumpy terrain, it may have partially-clipped into the ground and, due to its size, maybe hit a despawn-trigger under the ground, possibly there to remove enemies that somehow fall through the world. But that's just a theory. A Game Theory! Thanks for watching.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to semi-necro this post, but I've just had this happen about five minutes ago. And I've had it happen several times over the past couple months, as well. Get it down to around 50% or 25% HP, and suddenly, poof! Thumper hide and go seek time! Trying to finish this nightwave challenge is a nightmare when you can't even finish killing the things because of bugs.

This is still an issue

Had a thumper despawn mid fight on October 3rd. Got it to 3/4 legs destroyed and then it jumped and.... vanished.

I fought 3 thumpers on the plains of Eidolon during the day, two Bull and one Doma, the Bull fights were fine, the Doma I needed for the Nightwave task dissapeared. It's incredibly frustrating to have a target like that vanish after quite a long fight, especially since getting it to spawn in the first place is random.

Extra details:
I think there were some ricky outcrops in the location it jumped to,  I was playing solo, I was standing very close to the thumper when it jumped and dissapeared.

Solo

Recommend Chroma -Lanka - radiation 15k /catchmoon-radiation 22k+ kavat Smeta for more crit

Normal  Tuck Thumper  is  easy kill

Doma must /quickly  will die ,when make more time= disappear

For 1 day i see 3 Thumpers

Edited by BDT_Flames

Commenting on the ludicrous agro range; Turrets always spawn before mobiles and they lock on at spawn distance as well. It's quite annoying that there's little covert game play to be had in open areas. Even when you do happen to get behind them and shoot with a bow from a great distance, other enemies in the same group detect you very quickly . I shouldn't be forced into an invis frame/stim when it realistically isn't a requirement.