Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strun Wraith Vs Boar Prime [Not Fair]

Phoenix86

Wouldn't it be great if events by themselves were fun enough to justify the amount of effort DE is putting into organizing them without having to tack on some OP-as-S#&$ reward?

It would be better if they didn't do rewards as weapons in the first place. If they have to do a reward of an OP weapon make a unique skin version on the weapon for the event and a bland skin version that will to be added to the regular game after the event. This would just let people brag they got theirs first or whatever, never underestimate how much some people care about that.

I would much rather they used the events as alternate to the Tenno reinforcements as a chance at the BP early(added to market place in a week or two) and have the made weapon in the market place for platinum. They could just uses events as a delivery means for content they were planning to add in the first place.

The mod reward isn't bad if the event is just a chance for people to be given early access to something. I have played many MMO's and a lot of events are just bad, at least DE is trying to use them as a means to introducing new lore.

I know this is off-topic: The entire idea of side grades crushes the motivation for some people and having primes the same as normal weapons just makes them pointless time sinks.

They sell keys and I wish they didn't and just put prime's skin in the market for platinum. I do not like the void at all and this pay gate to get skins is just annoying boring and tedious.

Edited by LazyKnight

Wouldn't it be great if events by themselves were fun enough to justify the amount of effort DE is putting into organizing them without having to tack on some OP-as-S#&$ reward?

too late... i'm not gonna put effort in any event without a reward honestly... (i will play it ofc, but just to try it)

too late... i'm not gonna put effort in any event without a reward honestly... (i will play it ofc, but just to try it)

Even if I actually continued to play the game I wouldn't participate in events without an incentive mainly because I do not enjoy the gameplay they've forced in previous events. That's pretty much the core problem I see. People will not participate without a carrot on a stick because it isn't worth their time.

Anyway, back to topic: Were you really expecting them - against all empirical evidence - to produce balanced weapons, OP?

Edited by 101blubb

This is how it should be:

Effort-to-Acquire Wep > Come-on-at-a-certain-time Wep > Store-bought Wep

If a weapon takes 20 minutes on a certain week to get, it should be Crapper than a weapon that takes 12 hours to get.

What sort of message is this teaching our youth?!

Being present for a weekend event and being fortunate enough to be able to play Warframe during this time period entitles you to the most powerful gear.

But no, I just can't bring myself to use the Snipetron Vandal and Strun Wraith. The colours...

Three words. Nothing is balanced.

Don't post non-constructive feedback.

@the OP.

I think the Prime Boar will fit its own niche pretty well. Its an automatic crit based shotgun that actually has stun potential. It also has a larger base clip. The longer reload time isn't cool but you can mod the boar's clip to be pretty big.

Edited by Alphascrub

The strun wraith is a one time get only weapon "as far as anyone know" it shoud be bether than most other shotguns at the default shotgun role, the boar prime has just got released aswell so expect changes to it if the forum isnt happy

You're not taking into consideration that the Braton Vandal still sucks.

You're not taking into consideration that the Braton Vandal still sucks.

Didn't DE originally make that a good weapon until people whined until it was nerfed? I see no reason why it should be terrible, even if they buffed it so it was 40% stronger than a credit weapon. I do not have one either and do not care if people that have one get their buffed.

Didn't DE originally make that a good weapon until people whined until it was nerfed? I see no reason why it should be terrible, even if they buffed it so it was 40% stronger than a credit weapon. I do not have one either and do not care if people that have one get their buffed.

Pretty much, although right now, its not THAT much worse than a normal Braton and sounds way nicer.

Strun w was an event only weapon, boar prime isn't, and even the weapon themselves have different playstyles... They are not comparable, strun wraith is suposed to be better, but boar prime will be better at some situations, i would suggest you keep both and play with both when you want to

Boar prime and boar... are kinda useless 'cause they spend a lot of ammo and won't do anything... at higher levels... so yes Strun Wraith is the best... I like them making Strun "Vandal" version, 'cause imo Strun was always better than hek! 'cause who the hell thinks that a shotguns is a sniper... come on!!!! whats next a sniper = machine gun?? a roket launcher = Bolt gun... GO FOR STRUN!!!