Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cost To Power Ratio Of The New Infested Weapons

GottFaust

So, now that IronBound has unlocked the Dual Ichor and Embolist I have to say that I am extremely disappointed. They are both very, very expensive to build and very, very bad by initial testing. The Ichor actually looked ok on paper (maybe not 10 mutagen mass good), but the attack animations are extremely slow and the DoT does not seem to deal any damage. Don't even get me started on the Embolist which is basically the second coming of the Spectra with the cost of the old Lanka with a Pre-used forma.

Basically there is a problem with their cost to power ratio. It would be OK if they were extremely expensive and extremely good (Acrid level), or very cheap and very bad (Spectra anyone?). It's absolutely insane to have them cost so much more than the previous clan weapons and be so much worse at the same time. It's basically a direct insult to your playerbase.

Buff Suggestions to Make Them Worth the Cost

Embolist:

• Increase the range to 20 meters.
  • Give it a weak DoT effect. 20% for 2 seconds would be acceptable.
  • Buff the base DPS to 250 given the insane ammo drain.
Dual Ichor:

• Increase the swing speed to 3.2 from 1.2.
  • Give it a DoT 30% for 2 seconds would be acceptable.
  • Increase the crit rate to 30% given how bad melee crit mods are.
Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that they have interesting and original models that don't look phoned in (looking at you Lanka), but fancy models on substandard weapons aren't worth obscene costs. We aren't Apple here... Edited by GottFaust

I'm tired of this S#&$ DE, rly Tired of this S#&$

not only 1 forma isn't enough you have to make it 2? and that mass of mutagen sample?

what will the synapse and djinn need? 5 forma? rly that's terrible

and btw instead of buffing it's crit rate they should increase critchance mods on melee up to 150%

Edited by Seira-EGT-

As long as they're balanced with respect to everything else, I don't mind. Though It'll be some time before I have enough resources to craft them.

The problem is that they are both obsoletely terrible. They are extremely expensive and extremely bad. I would be ok if they were balanced with the other clan weapons as well. So long as their costs were also balanced. The problem lies in the fact that they are both way more expensive and way worse than their other clan counterparts.

Edited by GottFaust

3.2 attack rate on Ichor? umadbro?

i agree they need to be a bit stronger and lower in price... but that would be insane once modded...

3.2 x 35 = 112 dps

small aoe

that's not much

and btw WHY should we use salvage instead of nano spores?

Edited by Seira-EGT-

If they want to leave the weapons as they are, they should probably reduce them to 2 and 3 mutagen respectively with 1 or 0 forma required.

As to the Ichor speed: the Despair has a 55 damage at a 3.3 attack speed, the Boar has a 96 at a 5.0 attack speed, and the Latron has a 40 at a 4.2. What's so OP about 35 at 3.2 in melee range?

Note that mutagen sample are only available on derelict void now.

10 mutagen masse, 7 mutagen masse...

DE want us to empty our stock in order to make us farm this res (haven't already by blocked by them... should start now)

=D

Edited by ZeGreymane

As long as they're balanced with respect to everything else, I don't mind. Though It'll be some time before I have enough resources to craft them.

uuhhh....i hope that "balanced" means the weapons are worth their time and effort, cuz i dont want a second spectra for more resources