The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ignis Buff

JusticeJack

Well,they BUFFED IT!Finally!My question is tennos, how do you find this new ignis?Better?A real flamethrower?Now it has aoe and more damage,but the wiki stats are the same as before, so i ask you spacepowerangers to share your experience with this awesome,yet poorly executed (until this buff,to say the least) weapon!

It's decent now, but not at all an end game weapon.

I guess the innate Fire dmg panic and Cone damage make it a more a CC/Room cleaner weapon, anyway you can always use a op sidearm to takedown the heavies.

Edited by Dasmir

It is bugged. You can see splashes of the fire effect way to the left and right of the cone of fire (heh). They literally made it a wall instead of making it work. Buffing numbers is fine, but not good enough. It still animates like crap, and pushes materials all over, making them fly away from you when you use the gun. Sure the damage is better, but the mechanics and visuals are still terrible. This better not get pushed to the wayside like everything else if favor of adding to a game that has enough content for now, but needs serious design and bug fixes. The flamethrower should not just emit your generic fire effect used for environmental fire. I propose modeling your flamethrower function/animation after this:

It is bugged. You can see splashes of the fire effect way to the left and right of the cone of fire (heh). They literally made it a wall instead of making it work. Buffing numbers is fine, but not good enough. It still animates like crap, and pushes materials all over, making them fly away from you when you use the gun. Sure the damage is better, but the mechanics and visuals are still terrible. This better not get pushed to the wayside like everything else if favor of adding to a game that has enough content for now, but needs serious design and bug fixes. The flamethrower should not just emit your generic fire effect used for environmental fire. I propose modeling your flamethrower function/animation after this:

Ignis will never be a true flamethrower =( but still fun to use at least..

Ignis will never be a true flamethrower =( but still fun to use at least..

I don't equate "fun" to having my drops gets pushed out of the map, with no safety net in-place. The game as it stands is about getting materials, to get warframes and weapons, to get materials. If there is no safety-net for every level you are hurting yourself. FFS adding a script where anything that falls into "kill floors" is added to your drops isn't hard. Both of these things need to happen, the Flamethrower needs to not push materials and "kill floors" need to automatically add items that fall into them, to your inventory.

so... does it worth a potato or not?

No. See...

I don't equate "fun" to having my drops gets pushed out of the map, with no safety net in-place. The game as it stands is about getting materials, to get warframes and weapons, to get materials. If there is no safety-net for every level you are hurting yourself. FFS adding a script where anything that falls into "kill floors" is added to your drops isn't hard. Both of these things need to happen, the Flamethrower needs to not push materials and "kill floors" need to automatically add items that fall into them, to your inventory.

so... does it worth a potato or not?

Yes, slapped 3 formas on it too.

Ignis is crazy good against Corpus and Infested alike, all the way to lv90. Ancients are too much but corpus, didn't have any problems with.

The damage is nice, but it's the aoe damage that gets me. You hit every single enemy 20m in front of you, usually netting over 10 kills with just aiming at their general direction.

Hard time hitting shield drones? Not anymore.

Is a crit build on this thing worth it? In wiki it shows 5% crit chance and 200% crit dmg, same as flux rifle. I tend to like crit builds. And if those stats are true, ignis will have around 45%dmg boost to the 60% armor piercing dmg. 

I see yellow numbers pretty often, despite of lack of any crit mods installed.. So, I think, its worth the try

Edited by Bouldershoulder

I love that they made it so much more effective. Before, I was struggling to use this past level 20-30 infested. Now, I'm playing survival, and they have to get around level 80 before it really starts to lose punch, and that's only with a half-way finished serration mod.

I sorta hope they change the graphics to show it's new damage area, but that'd make it even harder to see what you're doing when you're firing more than bursts. The item launching though... could you guys please change it? It's not a deal-breaker for me, I can usually find the items that get scattered, even in boss arenas, but it's not fair to my teammates to have to search for them. Especially when they land on a cliff in the Grineer asteroid boss room, and the waypoint system isn't very good at actually pointing up there.