Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Landscape transport & time comparisons

Sigma-118

Just bringing some awareness to this video since I think it is highly informative, and puts things into perspective.

Edit: So assuming y'all have seen the video by now what I personally take away from it is that...... you know what screw it. Its pure simple information, while I have been informed that it is not appreciated to basically use the forums as an "ad-space" for something you want to have more attention directed towards. But this information is relevent to one of the current "big" discussions in the community and to top it of is objective information that is simply useful and good for the community at large. This video is a simple experiment that provides important data for use in future discussions regarding the subject matter. Being transportation in warframe. And to me thats enough, if any of you still find this post a bother cuz it doesnt DIRECTLY begin a discussion then plz do notify me and I will take it down.

Edited by Sigma-118
  • Like 1

Just now, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

The community doesn't like it when there's a topic in GD where only a video is presented without actual readable content that opens nothing up for a discussion..

Me included.. v.v write something..

Aaaaaaah aight, originally I was gonna add my thoughs on it but skipped it cuz im lazy. But yeah ill add an edit to OG post

• Like 1

Watched video... it's completely pointless comparison in all honesty, even though it shows what we all know (archwing are fastest, even ignoring itzal blink), as they're only going to the 'first base' (enrichment iirc) where you fight the orb in bounty 3....

It will come out even more in favour of archwings if you have to go OVER or AROUND a few mountains instead of having a direct route to the location.

Edited by LSG501

13 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Watched video... it's completely pointless comparison in all honesty, even though it shows what we all know (archwing are fastest, even ignoring itzal blink), as they're only going to the 'first base' (enrichment iirc) where you fight the orb in bounty 3....

It will come out even more in favour of archwings if you have to go OVER or AROUND a few mountains instead of having a direct route to the location.

Well im not so sure about that, having direct numbers to use when comparing is a lot more eye opening to ... well not everyone I guess but still quite a few people. It shows far more than just that archwings are faster than k-drive. It shows excatly how big the difference is and not just in comparison to archwing but every other form of transport/movement in the game (excluding abilities). This is obviusly more information than what we (at least I) already had, and while I would say this is very useful information, useful is a very subjective term so if you disagree I guess ill hand you that.

And as for how the faster thing will get further and further ahead over time and flying over something in a straigt line(pretty much the same as going straight through it) is less distance than following the bloody things curvature, yes that is indeed how the relationship between distance, velocity and time work ..... for EVERYTHING.

So im not sure what the perceived need in mentioning that is but aye, you do you boo

I still miss an couple warframes in this video if you are showing Transportation time then you should add

Nova .. Zephyr .. Loki to the table aswell

then you gonna see whats quicker 

Like the vids so far .. 

But missing the complete list itself

If you make comparison than do that with all the transporters :cool:

41 minutes ago, Sigma-118 said:

And as for how the faster thing will get further and further ahead over time and flying over something in a straigt line(pretty much the same as going straight through it) is less distance than following the bloody things curvature, yes that is indeed how the relationship between distance, velocity and time work ..... for EVERYTHING.

So im not sure what the perceived need in mentioning that is but aye, you do you boo

K-drives can't fly over the mountains, hell they struggle to go up some of the hills let alone going over the mountains...

1 hour ago, Sigma-118 said:

Aaaaaaah aight, originally I was gonna add my thoughs on it but skipped it cuz im lazy. But yeah ill add an edit to OG post

What'd be helpful for the crowd that don't like to, or aren't able to watch the video right away, would be to post the travel times from the end of the video. Gets the point across well enough I'd say. With video proof to show it's legit as well as the method of testing.

That said, I agree with your conclusion that this is useful info. I at least had a general idea of the disparity, but it's different than having solid numbers in front of you.

• Like 1