Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Old Bladestorm Rework

Somi_xD

Just want to bring up an old Idea for a Bladestorm rework.
I would also run with QoL Changes like those i posted, but let an old Ash Main dream.

Long time ago, i did post a suggestion to change Bladestorm into... an Exalted Mode, using his Hidden Blades.
Ash was the FIRST warframe to have his personal Weapons, but those are not turning into Exalted Weapons with the "latest" changes to those kind of weapons is a mystery to me.

Exalted Bladestorm

- Visual Effects can stay the same like with the current BS
- it doesn't cost Energy, but you need at least 50 % of your points to activate it
- Bladestorm now has a Meter which shows how long the ability will stay active
  ~ Base Meter 30 points (1 point = 1 second activ)
  ~ After the start of a Mission the meter will fill up 1 point each Second (base)
  ~ Duration affects how much Points you have
  ~ Power Strenght affects how fast your Meter refills
  ~ Efficiency does not affect the ability
While Bladestorm is active:
  ~ all other abilities cost 20% more energy but get an additional ability
  ~ Each Shuriken will hit up to 10 enemies (in range) - all those enemies will be marked
  ~ Range and Duration of Smoke Screen increases by 20% - all enemies hit by smoke screen will be marked
  ~ Teleporting to an Enemy or Object will Mark up to 20 Enemies in a 10 Meter Radius around this Enemy or Object
  ~ while Bladestorm is active 2 Shadow clones will attack marked enemies randomly
  ~ Ash gets 20% more Movement speed.

- Ash uses his Hidden Blades as an exalted Weapon with an stance with fast finisher attacks( the current Bladestorm animations).
  ~ Marked, Blinded, Sleeping, Stunned etc. (Enemies who are open for Finisher) can be finished immedietly from any side (front or back)
  ~ Attacks with the Hidden Blades do mark enemies
  ~ Charged attacks and combo finisher can hit multiple enemies at ones
As an Example:
First Attack, Ash kicks Enemie in the stomach (Bladestorm Animation)
Second and third are Stabs
Last hit in the combo is a Stab or slash animation which can hit Multiple Enemies in his Range.

Augment - Rising Storm
Marks enemies in a Radius of 5 meter around Ash

From my point of view as someone who plays ash a lot, bladestorm is already good enough, no need to rework it. I do agree that having a cone instead of a laser would've been better, but thats it. Bladestorm can easily dispatch a group of lvl 155 heavy gunners while you kill another group, basically doubling your KPS. Such a powerful Ability should have a drawback, which is its speed and targeting system, which in my opinion arent bad.

The synergies would be nice, but Bladestorm only needs QoL, not Rework. 

5 hours ago, BlachWolf said:

Bladestorm can easily dispatch a group of lvl 155 heavy gunners while you kill another group, basically doubling your KPS.

Exactly this. You can keep up with nuke frames by marking half a room and killing the rest yourself. 

The only thing I'd really want added would be holding 4 to triple mark the current marked targets, for convenience. 

He's been my main since back when Bladestorm was just Slashing damage. And this the best he's ever been. 

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

8 hours ago, Somi_xD said:

Just want to bring up an old Idea for a Bladestorm rework.
I would also run with QoL Changes like those i posted, but let an old Ash Main dream.

Long time ago, i did post a suggestion to change Bladestorm into... an Exalted Mode, using his Hidden Blades.
Ash was the FIRST warframe to have his personal Weapons, but those are not turning into Exalted Weapons with the "latest" changes to those kind of weapons is a mystery to me.

Exalted Bladestorm

- Visual Effects can stay the same like with the current BS
- it doesn't cost Energy, but you need at least 50 % of your points to activate it
- Bladestorm now has a Meter which shows how long the ability will stay active
  ~ Base Meter 30 points (1 point = 1 second activ)
  ~ After the start of a Mission the meter will fill up 1 point each Second (base)
  ~ Duration affects how much Points you have
  ~ Power Strenght affects how fast your Meter refills
  ~ Efficiency does not affect the ability
While Bladestorm is active:
  ~ all other abilities cost 20% more energy but get an additional ability
  ~ Each Shuriken will hit up to 10 enemies (in range) - all those enemies will be marked
  ~ Range and Duration of Smoke Screen increases by 20% - all enemies hit by smoke screen will be marked
  ~ Teleporting to an Enemy or Object will Mark up to 20 Enemies in a 10 Meter Radius around this Enemy or Object
  ~ while Bladestorm is active 2 Shadow clones will attack marked enemies randomly
  ~ Ash gets 20% more Movement speed.

- Ash uses his Hidden Blades as an exalted Weapon with an stance with fast finisher attacks( the current Bladestorm animations).
  ~ Marked, Blinded, Sleeping, Stunned etc. (Enemies who are open for Finisher) can be finished immedietly from any side (front or back)
  ~ Attacks with the Hidden Blades do mark enemies
  ~ Charged attacks and combo finisher can hit multiple enemies at ones
As an Example:
First Attack, Ash kicks Enemie in the stomach (Bladestorm Animation)
Second and third are Stabs
Last hit in the combo is a Stab or slash animation which can hit Multiple Enemies in his Range.

Augment - Rising Storm
Marks enemies in a Radius of 5 meter around Ash

Having a buffed up Bladestorm makes sense. There are a lot of S tier character that are b to a minus and need to be put back on point.

Am 22.4.2019 um 21:42 schrieb BlachWolf:

From my point of view as someone who plays ash a lot, bladestorm is already good enough, no need to rework it. I do agree that having a cone instead of a laser would've been better, but thats it. Bladestorm can easily dispatch a group of lvl 155 heavy gunners while you kill another group, basically doubling your KPS. Such a powerful Ability should have a drawback, which is its speed and targeting system, which in my opinion arent bad.

That's not the point of this rework suggestion.
I do not argue that the DMG is bad, and the current Bladestorm is worse then befor - me as an Ash Mains since release, i like the changes to Bladestorm, and i agree, that the Kill rate increased abit in comparison, since you have the freedom to do what you want, while the Clones are working.
"Easily", depends what your understanding of easy is - to kill groups of 155 HG you need an optimized build for this.
There are much more powerful abilities without drawbacks or at least not so crazy, considering the Pace of the game.
I would be fine with QoL Changes like i posted in the other thread i linked.

My problem here is - if you think about, that Ashs Hidden Blades are the first Warframe personal weapons but (as far as i can see) the only non-exalted Warframe weapon ... that's weird... and just in case we get Exalted Hidden Blades, this Rework idea would be something i would like to see.

Am 23.4.2019 um 02:48 schrieb (PS4)Ozymandias-13-:

The synergies would be nice, but Bladestorm only needs QoL, not Rework. 

Exactly this. You can keep up with nuke frames by marking half a room and killing the rest yourself. 

The only thing I'd really want added would be holding 4 to triple mark the current marked targets, for convenience. 

He's been my main since back when Bladestorm was just Slashing damage. And this the best he's ever been. 

Like i mentioned above, a rework is not needed but just in case, that would be the direction i would like to see.

Mhh.. not so sure about keeping up with nuke frames... barely.
At first you need to mark, half of the room, 5-10 seconds depending on how many marks you need.
(I tested those numbers)
Executing Bladestorm on 8 enemies with 3 marks each needs around 18 seconds without a Speed Mod on the Melee Weapon.
With +55% (that's the max speed up for Bladestorm animation) on the Melee weapon you need around 12 seconds to do it.

8 Marks = 6s and 4s(full speed)
1 Mark = 0.75s and 0.5s
Let's say an average nuke hits 20-30 enemies in a short time
Ash needs to mark those enemies, lets say 5s.
You get out 20 marks (not necessary 20 enemies), this takes 10s fastest and 15 seconds default
20 Enemies, each with 3 Marks = 60 Marks = 30s fastest 45 sec default.

You don't need to get those 60 marks at ones, you can get those marks in 3 Bladestorms and it's still taking this long.
Marking needs to improve and maybe those synergy points from my rework idea could with with the current BS.