Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Of Pineapples and Hate

Cephalon_Madrona

In this thread, a terribly hungover and intensely frustrated player attempts to describe the sheer amount of loathing and intense, burning, hatred he holds for Sortie Rewards and tropical citrus fruit. 

This isn't a thread about me feeling a bit raw about being a vet and still getting terrible rewards. This isn't a thread in which I address a deep, terrible, game-breaking issue. This is a post and thread in which to put all of my vitriol over repeated "Rewards" of Ayatan Statues from Sorties. When I play the Sortie, I expect something, at the very least, immediately rewarding, and while there is an argument to be made about a player high in MR being expected to have a large stash of Stars, this argument falls flat when 5 disgusting, undulating abhorrent statues consume my reserves over the course of 5 days. And for what? 3K endo? I can make that in a day through mod dissolving, junk rivens and my sentinel sucking it up off the ground. Even the much-maligned 6K endo is better than this statue, as it is almost double the amount, and  is immediate in it's benefits. The boosters help things along, the Rivens are a godsend....

What I am trying to say is this: when one does their best to hit the Sortie every day, what sort of reward is it when all that you are given, time and time again, is a statue that wastes your resources for little return on both time and actual items used? What is the purpose? It's faint Machiavellian nature caresses the deepest reaches of my skull with dull, buzzing, aching, incessant pain, the likes of which could drive a man to madness, given enough time, and 5 days of such annoyance is far more than what I wish to ever experience, much less for everyone else, as I doubt I am alone in this complaint. 

Will this thread solve anything? No. Will anyone from the DE staff even do so much as glance into the forums and acknowledge that anyone has said anything about this long-running issue? Certainly not, as they are aloof deities which none of us mere players could ever hope to contact: such a right is reserved for those partnered with them, and many of us do not have the time or resources to rise to such a prestigious rank, their status as semi-potent oracles a nigh impossible goal for most. 

This is a post of hate and the purest, truest and most rancid vitriol, the likes of which drives you to do irrational, pointless and stupid things in a vain attempt to alleviate the frustration and helplessness which manifests into physical pain which courses throughout one's skull and rolls down one's spine like a malicious, viscous font of discomfort and malaise. This is a scream into the dark, verbose, yes, but without deeper meaning, forever to be burred or even deleted. I accept this, and yet I throw it out there for all to see, simply because I have no other option with which to express legitimate grievances. 

D42kQuLXsAAba08.jpg:large

Did you ever consider that sometimes the journey is more important than the destination?  But if you go through life waiting for each proverbial paycheck to come it...it gets pretty sad/bitter as you just posted.  

27 minutes ago, Chappie1975 said:

Did you ever consider that sometimes the journey is more important than the destination?  But if you go through life waiting for each proverbial paycheck to come it...it gets pretty sad/bitter as you just posted.  

Right now, I'm considering that it isn't fun to get 5 Anasa's in a row. Plus, you act like there is a destination. An end game. In Warframe. I'm not trying to get anywhere specific, I just want fun on this "journey". Continuing the metaphor of journey and travel, imagine if you were going on a long, long road trip, and you really need a restroom, only to find seedy locations with bathrooms that see more occupation from roaches than humans. "

This is what it is like. I just want a metaphorical bathroom or maybe even a nice bit of fast food to go with it....but no, I get rooms full of roaches again and again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

I'm of the opposite. 5 pineapple prime statues in a row would be dope if it were me.

I see your point. But RNG is doing its thing.

I likewise respect your opinion to this. To some, these would be quite nice rewards. For me, it's...well, the original post says it all. I do agree that RNG is doing it's thing, but should RNG really be the be-all, end-all in terms of these rewards?