Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This new arbitration revive system is bound to cause more hostility

MixtheBlender

I'll make it really simple to understand. In a decent team that made it to rotation C, then S#&$ happens just because. Player A died to one shot by mob, so teammates went out their way to revive this player. The revive burdens caused player B to die. Now all the burdens are on player C and D. Then player C died and D gave up. Game over.

The consequence of death should've stay a personal responsibility. This revive system goes out of its way to add liabilities to teammates and make the dead player feel super guilty about dying.

Dying happens, and it matters not a mistake or being unlucky. Dying in arbitration isn't a big deal. That was suppose to a be a risk to play arbitration (I know the reward scaling sucks, but let's focus on revive system). If this system is to make the dead host player want to stay and not cause host migration problems, what the f was the one that come up with this idea thinking?

This mode has a lot of problem that cause unfair and unreasonable death. We all know how deadly high level corpus nullifier is. How about multiple drone-buffed nullies? Yeah, someone will be this unlucky to get one shot by it. I stopped doing corpus faction arbitration because of that. I also often got one punched to death by high level drone-buffed infested ancient. Is there a way to prevent that lethal damage when I get grabbed by ancient? No idea.

Before the revive system, I've seen some player said things like, "This idiot/noob/rexard host died and host migration problem made me lose my reward."

Today, I saw few said things like, "This idiot/stupid player/noob died, so we got debuffed and caused me to die." Now, players are more likely to blame each other thanks to this.

I'm more than willing to revive others in arbitration if they want to stay. You can make it so we do some tasks to revive someone, but not by further weaken the remaining teammates to do that. One dead player means one less fire power already. Who thought taking away more defense for the team during this situation is a good idea?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MixtheBlender said:

~snip~

Definitely someone who never played high lvl index to know burden debuff is absolute BS, and someone who probably also never played Arbitration with those conditions, ive had a toxic ancient creep up on my back and one shot me with toxic shout from full health so imagine that with burden? GTFO.

play as despoil nekros and someone dies? sorry you cant use desecrate until they are back up unless you also want to die. all i can say is get that Index BS out of here it doesnt belong in Arbitration.

What they should do is make it a choice to pick them up or not and not force them on people as soon as some no gooder dies. This pile of crap they came up with is not of any help, it is just as bad as host migrations, something that can and will still occur even though this bandaid is in place.

A simple solution instead of this stupid ress tower would be the good old regular ress we have everywhere else, except with one difference, a far longer interaction needed. Or possibly make it so operators cannot interact with the dead body while keeping the interaction time the same as in other missions.

Edited by SneakyErvin