The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS Decreasing Over Time In Arbitrations

yecobxd

Quick EDIT 3: 30 mins into non-Arb Gabii, Ceres and while the listed RAM is near the same as the Arb, the FPS is fairly higher by about 20. This would explain why I never noticed it during normal missions as most don't last anywhere near 30 mins and the performance doesn't dip low enough for me to tell the difference. At this point the RAM doesn't appear to be the main problem but something about survival (or maybe any endless gamemode) and its interaction with the new Arbitrations that seem to cause all this.

Link to Imgur album- https://imgur.com/a/KYKS1Fe

-----

EDIT 2: Thinking it may have been a hosting problem, I went into another Infested Survival Arbitration solo instead of public, this time on Gabii, Ceres. Even though I only stayed for 30 mins, the FPS almost halved itself (half of the capped FPS, not even the ~200 I get uncapped). The only thing that stays the same throughout my runs is that the listed RAM usage slowly increases, which is most likely whats causing the FPS decrease. This never happened before the revive system was implemented so my best guess is that something from that update has caused memory to slowly clog up and reduce performance the longer a game goes on. I'm not sure if this is happening to others apart from one response to this post, as of this edit, so this may not be affecting everyone. For the players that are affected like me, this is something that's pretty much stopping me from going past 30 mins because I prefer the silky smooth gameplay I'm accustomed to.

Link to Imgur album- https://imgur.com/a/vDBgPnN

-----

EDIT: I went into another Infested Survival Arbitration and went up to 100mins again to better document the FPS decrease over time. Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot of the run when it just started but the FPS was capped at 120 as usual. It seems the most drastic change in FPS occurs within the first 10 mins, which is where i noticed the FPS around the 60s instead of 100+. Over time the FPS decreases by also decreasing amounts as the game goes on. I wanted to push further to see if it would stop lowering FPS at a certain point, but while in combat the FPS decreases by a further 2-6 depending on the situation. With FPS that low it becomes hard to safely/reliably go into Spoiler mode so I can heal up with Magus Repair.

Link to Imgur album- https://imgur.com/a/B5Jdegj

-----

Not too sure how to explain this but when I was doing an Infested Arbitration, I noticed around the 30 minute mark that my FPS had been hovering around 50-60. This is way below my average as compared in the attached screenshots. As the game progressed, the FPS slowly got lower and lower until it started to become problematic at around 30 FPS and pushed me to finally extract. The only thing I noticed that was off, was that there was literally not a single Arbitration Drone seen since around the same time I noticed my FPS to be off (30 min mark). My guess is that somehow the Arbitration Drones are getting bunched up and stuck somewhere on the map (Piscinas, Saturn), which is also the same reason why the last 2 of my teammates left the game; because there was no Arbitration Drones spawning for me to use the tokens to revive them with. The Drones could be contributing to the problem but in a previous Orokin Survival Arbitration I was in, the same problem happened. It was my first time experiencing the problem so I just assumed it was a personal issue and did not take any screenshots. The Orokin Survival run went up to 80 minutes before it was much worse than the Infested run at around 20-30 FPS, BUT there were Arbitration Drones spawning.

Some slightly related notes-

• My Specs: Intel i5 4960k CPU / Nvidia GTX 970 GPU / 8gb RAM / 1080p 75hz Monitor / Windows 10 64-bit
  • Both screenshots had the same programs open in the background when taken
  • I normally have the FPS capped at 120, but uncapped it for the screenshot to show just how much higher I should be
  • The listed RAM usage was about 400mb higher while in the Arbitration

100 Minutes Into Infested Survival Arbitration- 38 FPS

IOibdMI.jpg

Same Node (Piscinas, Saturn), Fresh Non-Arbitration Version- 217 FPS

IzLSK5V.jpg

Edited by yecobxd
Updated with more detailed evidence (again)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HIGHDAMAGE said:

same here sMQLzM8.jpg

Considering there's a drone in the back in your screenshot, and my experience from the Orokin Arb run, this could be just a survival/Arbitration problem. Either way hopefully this will be fixed soon because I would've loved to go as far as you but the FPS was just too annoying to deal with for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...