The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

I have overheating too! ONLY with warframe

Ahrimansiah

Hey so i have a very powerful pc i can play all new games easily without any problem so there is no need to tell whats my spec,

Like many others i have overheating problem when i play warframe my PC overheat in very short time like less than 1 hour! (same thing with my laptop) im sure this problem is from warframe side since MANY other ppl have this problem! 

please fix this asap!

Edited by Ahrimansiah

Overheating if caused by your system not having good cooling, not by a game or program. I have a 10 year old PC, with a few upgrades in it, and the game runs fine for periods longer than 10 hours.

Check which part of your PC is overheating. You can use a free program, like HWinfo64. If your CPU is overheating, you need to switch to a more powerful CPU cooler. If your video card is overheating, there might be something wrong with it..

15 hours ago, Ahrimansiah said:

Hey so i have a very powerful pc i can play all new games easily without any problem so there is no need to tell whats my spec

Specs for both your laptop and PC?

Which Warframe and weapons you using? Which mission and how long the mission lasted?

My Ryzen 2400g Vega 11 integrated graphics never overheats, but have severe FPS drops with too many Khora Strangledome uses that max out GPU usage. I am guessing that will push the most powerful GPU into 100% GPU usage, high wattage draw, and high temperature.

On 2019-04-28 at 10:13 PM, Ahrimansiah said:

Hey so i have a very powerful pc i can play all new games easily without any problem so there is no need to tell whats my spec,

Like many others i have overheating problem when i play warframe my PC overheat in very short time like less than 1 hour! (same thing with my laptop) im sure this problem is from warframe side since MANY other ppl have this problem! 

please fix this asap!

DE can't ask the GPU/CPU to do more than it was designed to do. They can only submit work, and allow the hardware to execute the instructions it was given.

Different types of work can produce more heat dependant on the specific circuitry that executes the instructions. Warframe isn't alone. You can take older DX9 titles as an example, remove the frame rate cap, and bump up the resolution to 4K, and this would heat up the GPU significantly.

Observe:

8180_turbo.png

It's not a devs fault for wanting to use AVX 512 (no game does, this is just an example). But compared to running non AVX workloads, the CPU can keep its frequency much higher due to the chip running in more "normal" conditions where thermals aren't as much of a limit.  As a note: Regardless of what the graph says, you would want to run your code with AVX 512 if you could. You significantly improve performance, even at a lower clock.

Where it does relate to gaming is with AVX2. This is incorporated into the low level API's, and as can bee seen, it too needs to keep thermals in check.

So as i say, not really the Devs fault. You'd probably need to hit up the manufacturer and ask them why the cooling is insufficient, or even reapply the thermal interface between the components and the parts that keep them cool (particularly if you game on them).

The biggest reason for an overheating PC during warframe is often "Intel Turbo Boost", if you have an intel cpu, try disabling turbo in bios (preferred) or via a registry modification to enable the ability in power control preferences.