Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember 2.0 [A New Hope]

Phoenix86

After a few days thinking about Ember and how much her skills are redundant i propose this set of skills/reworks to increase her utilities without losing her "nuke oriented" style:

FIREBALL: cost 25

Ember concentrates her powers to create a powerful sphere of fire:

- Increased damage to 200-300-400-500, added AoE dmg in a 2-3-4-5m radius, removed DoT dmg.

- Basically a rocket from Ogris, more or less...

- Affected by Focus and Stretch.

LIQUEFY: cost 25

Ember focus herself on a single enemy and overheats its organic tissues from the inside causing massive pain and scalds:

- Deals 100-150-200-250 Fire DoT dmg for 4 seconds to a single target.

- Target is staggered for the whole duration because of the fire inside him cause him to panic.

- Affected by Focus, Continuity, Constitution.

OVERHEAT V2 (full rework): cost 50

Ember overheats all of her weaponry (Primary/Secondary Ammunitions and Melee) to make it more deadly:

- 20-30-40-50% more Fire Dmg on all attacks;

- 100% stagger chance on all attacks because of the extreme heat melting enemy's flesh/armor;

- 20-30-40-50% of the target's Armor is Ignored because of the extreme heat melting enemy's flesh/armor;

- Duration of 4-8-12-16 seconds;

- Can be increased by Focus and Continuity/Constitution;

- Animation could be something like all of our weapons are set on fire and when used spit extra fire each hit, maybe some drops of melted metal could drop on the ground as we walk around.

SWIRLING FIRE (new skill resembling old Overheat): cost 75

Ember creates a small Tornado of Fire around her to protect herself:

- 30-40-50-60% damage reduction from all sources (up to 78% with max'd Focus);

- All enemies in melee range are staggered;

- Because of the fire Ember is immune to all toxins and 'magical effects' (immunity to poison and disruption) being burned before hitting her;

- However Ember IS NOT immune to CC effects (can be knocked down/back);

- Duration of 4-8-12-16 seconds;

- Can be increased by Focus and Continuity/Constitution;

- Animation could use Fire Blast animation with a 1m radius + old Overheat animation.

World on Fire: cost 100

Just needs a fix on the number of targets that can be affected by the DoT (now it hits up to 9 targets + Focus)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments and Constructive Criticism are welcome.

Edit: added new alternative #1, Liquefy!

Edited by Phoenix86

Knowing Embers powers, the 3rd would just blind you and become annoying real fast.

Yeah i was thinking about the same, the graphic effect should be toned down quite a bit :)

Beside that i'd like to know if you guys enjoy skill's mechanics/values

I'd rather say it sounds awesome, such a pity DE ain't gonna do such rework despite of all awesomeness and (unlike many other suggestions) well-done balance.

Thx man :)

Edited by Phoenix86

I think the only thing that should be completely reworked for Ember is:

Ability 1 Fireball. And I like your idea.

I'd like to keep the fire blast.

The idea behind Ember is, somehow, an area tank. While Rhino can tank in the whole map, Ember has to stick at one place and tank a zone.

Once you launch fire blast, you create a circle zone -> this is your fight zone.

You use Overheat to protect yourself while fighting -> should add fire damages to all your weapons.

Fireball to make fast high damages to one target.

If you can max those mods and make them really viable then you no longer need world of fire actually... I think her problem is here.

The problem with this game is that, sometimes, frames' roles are not well defined. Ember shouldn't be a full tank. Just an area one.

Edited by matto

On overheat
correct me if I'm wrong but overheating weapons is a bad thing no? I don't mind the intended effects, but we'd have to rename the ability. We don't want to over heat our weapons.

On WoF:
"Just needs a fix on the number of targets that can be affected by the DoT (unlimited like all the other Ultis or at least 9 targets + Focus)"

This should be painful obvious to the devs, I don't know what they were thinking with giving it a target limit. there is literally no good argument for setting a target limit on an ultimate 

That solves the lack of CC and still makes her a damage focused frame, although i think Scott will not appreciate high damage reduction percentage. Good job.

On WoF:
"Just needs a fix on the number of targets that can be affected by the DoT (unlimited like all the other Ultis or at least 9 targets + Focus)"

This should be painful obvious to the devs, I don't know what they were thinking with giving it a target limit. there is literally no good argument for setting a target limit on an ultimate 

I think they tried to nerf it a little, because is a mobile skill.

Edited by Hoezell

I shelved my ember which I put 5 forma into.  WoF is great, but I find carrying an ignus accomplishes the same thing just at a slightly shorter range and  can handle level 3 void instances where WoF becomes much less useful.   I don't need her to do more damage, I needed survivability (the oh sh$t button).  Take away the damage elements of Overheat entirely, I never needed them anyway - just make it a short duration save like it was before).

I think fireball should have a larger AOE. 25 energy for... pretty much a single attack from a weapon, isn't really worth it. Give it a 10m +Stretch AOE and it'll be great for clearing light infested at range.

Just a minor note: Ember 4 would be A New Hope.  Ember 2 is still stuck with Attack of the Clones.

+1 nerd-props

Edit: On topic: What about an ability similar to Volt? Ember doesn't have a mobility ability

Lets see: *thinking for half a second* Duh - Fire trail

"Ember runs X% faster and leaves a trail of fire in her wake burning all enemies caught inside for Y damage."

Edited by Archistopheles

+1 nerd-props

Edit: On topic: What about an ability similar to Volt? Ember doesn't have a mobility ability

Lets see: *thinking for half a second* Duh - Fire trail

"Ember runs X% faster and leaves a trail of fire in her wake burning all enemies caught inside for Y damage."

Yeah i tought about something like that too but i really dont know which skill should go away in order to make room for that one

Glad to see someone having my same ideas XD

Have to note about Overheat, while it sounds awesome, it seems to be a "fire Contagion" that works on firearms. I'm assuming that you are making these reworks for other frames and as such has a plan for Saryn's contagion as well. (Personally, I think Overheat is properly placed and scaled, but Contagion needs work in the same sense)