Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Set Mods or Sets in General

DerGreif2

So after we got 9 new set mods... that will never see the light of the day... can we please come together and look what to do with sets? I mean look at other games like Diablo 3 or Division!

What is a set: normally it's a item that alone is weaker than the common variant of that item. What would you equip it? Because when you have the complete set you get some awesome bonus. There are a lot of sets that you equip because the set effects are so good.

And here in Warframe? Each set has a little bonus that really no one cares about. It's nice but never the reason you equip it. And that alone fails to classify them as sets. When you equip a complete set you should get some really awesome because you sacrifice a LOT!

But what do we want to see? Maybe change sets that they have a giant effect when you have all equipped. So how to change the sets?

Augur: 90% damage reduction for shields.

Vigilante: All weapons get +20% base critchance.

Gladiator: Melee attacks have 20% livesteal.

Hunter: Silent (just Bows, throwing knifes and so on) range weapons have unlimited ammo and +3 punch through.

That's how sets should work. You use all 6 mods and you get a very good unique effect. Not what we have in the moment. Are the sets OP? No because like I said you have to sacrifice a hole lot to fit 6 mediocre mods.

I really miss real sets and after I saw the new Rapor, Spider and what ever set mods... that's a joke. DE please rework set mode that they are really a set that you would use!

I never really liked set bonuses in games. It's always been used to pigeon hole builds and gear.

I'm glad the set bonuses aren't very strong and instead have more value as just a mod here or there.

Just take a look at Blizzard's games for set bonuses gone wrong.

While some specific mods have real issues, most sets are pretty good actually. 

Vigilante has easy to slot mods and is a free bonus to crit chance, what's not to love. 

Gladiator can be either used to crit more on standard melees or to have the blood rush effect on exalted melees, which is totally nuts since things like 105% crit chance Hysteria claws exist. 

Hunter set has the nuttier mods (Adrenaline, Recovery and Munitions are broken good, and Command can be useful to control lifesteal from Recovery) and the set bonus is not bad at all actually, since it a) provides ambient DPS and b) buffs up the healing from recovery. 

Tek has the single most important Kavat mod for combat use (Enhance), despite the set being underwhelming. 

Mecha has a completely nuts set bonus, if you build around it you can get ludicrous stuff going on, from Rhino's Iron Skin to 30m area wipes. It's a bit hard to use but it's very rewarding. It's only real issue is that we cannot pick and choose companions as we do sentinels so in practice it's an aut aut with the Tek set. 

Augur has a meh-ish set bonus because of mechanical issues but the mods themselves are very good, extra duration, range and strenght enable several build options. 

Sacrificial/umbral set bonus are hilarious (full umbra and adaptation makes you immune to tau damage for example) and also very powerful. 

If anything the set mods in warframe are, in general, done properly. They provide options, not mandatory builds. Some mods might warrant a touch up but in general they work well enough to be useful to very good if you invest in them, without being so powerful you're forced to use them.