Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ether Reaper - Why Are You Better Than Prime?

Transmorphic_Wyvern

The Ether Reaper has identical stats to the Reaper Prime, except in attack speed.

Reaper Prime holds a 1.2 attack speed.

Ether Reaper holds a 1.9 attack speed.

Unless they changed the damage type for the Reaper Prime: the Ether Reaper either needs a nerf (which I view nerfs as a last resort), the Reaper Prime needs a buff, or they need their attack speeds swapped.

Edited by Transmorphic_Wyvern

I don't mind. Prime variants are mostly cool collectibles in my opinion. Nothing states that a prime weapon has to be better than all other weapons, just look at the Prime Braton. It's better than a Braton, but it still sucks! At least it looks cool to hang on a shelf... 

I don't mind. Prime variants are mostly cool collectibles in my opinion. Nothing states that a prime weapon has to be better than all other weapons, just look at the Prime Braton. It's better than a Braton, but it still sucks! At least it looks cool to hang on a shelf... 

I can't remember what livestream it was, the one before Frost Prime was released, they said that lorewise the prime weapons are the original version, so they could be weaker or stronger.

Prime weapons are Orokin variants of the weapons the Tenno have made.

Since we know the Orokin are more advanced than any other current factions, we can assume their creations would be more effective.

Since we know the Orokin are more advanced than any other current factions, we can assume their creations would be more effective.

But are the Orokin not an ancient race? 

It's arguable some versions could be worse because the Tenno have improved upon the original design. It's also arguable that some could be better because the Tenno did not fully understand the design. It's also arguable that the designs are equal.

the only reason i want prime weapons is the completionist in me. they are ancient, not necessarily powerful, cool looking versions of the tenno's current weapons. it makes sense that in all this time the tenno could have improved their weaponry so it seem ok to me. yes i have both

The reality is the ether reaper came out after the reaper prime. It's newer, so likely to be a stronger weapon.

But we could also say because it's "ether" it is lighter and can swing faster.

Uh, no? That wouldn't make sense since Prime weapons USUALLY come out after the supposedly 'newer and less impressive' versions made by the current Tenno.

So, unless the developers want to encourage and foster power creep, weapons released to the game later should not necessarily be more powerful, not sure it technically impact lore and such.

Edited by Haids

The reality is the ether reaper came out after the reaper prime. It's newer, so likely to be a stronger weapon.

But we could also say because it's "ether" it is lighter and can swing faster.

The orokin are the classic sci-fi trope of "ancient hyper advanced progenitor race that disappeared for no apparent reason."  Their relics are advanced beyond the comprehension of most other factions.  Consequently, their ancient artifacts are more powerful than any competing equipment and new weapons based off of orokin artifacts are basically cheap Chinese knock-offs. 

Older is better when the older item comes from a super-advanced race that makes the latest gear from your research and development labs look like tinker toys.

Edited by GeneralArmchair

i don´t know. in that case, the tenno wouldn´t make their own versions.

Reaper Prime is a heck of a lot harder to obtain than the Ether Reaper.

Reaper Prime: Do a bunch of void missions to gather the BP, the Handle, and the Blade. You will likely need a Tier 3 Void (meaning Lv80 enemies) to get the Blade. Then you need TEN Orokin Cells to craft it.

Ether Reaper: Buy BP out of Marketplace, use some common materials, PROFIT.

............why is the Ether Reaper BETTER than the Reaper Prime? That makes no farking sense.

Reaper Prime is a heck of a lot harder to obtain than the Ether Reaper.

Reaper Prime: Do a bunch of void missions to gather the BP, the Handle, and the Blade. You will likely need a Tier 3 Void (meaning Lv80 enemies) to get the Blade. Then you need TEN Orokin Cells to craft it.

Ether Reaper: Buy BP out of Marketplace, use some common materials, PROFIT.

............why is the Ether Reaper BETTER than the Reaper Prime? That makes no farking sense.

Power creep