Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about nightwave links

(PSN)B0XMAN517

Question

I took a break about 7 or 8 months ago. I want to do the event, but it says I need 5 nightwave links. I clicked on nightwave in the bottom right hand corner of my screen and the first thing it says is to open 20 lockers. It shows a flag (I can't make out the symbol) and the number 1000. I was really hoping DE would have learned something in the time I've been gone. Please tell me this isn't how I gain nightwave links. Also what does the 1000 mean?

Edit: someone said that it goes on points not links. I feel like the challenge told me to get links, but it's gone now.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

13 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

I took a break about 7 or 8 months ago. I want to do the event, but it says I need 5 nightwave links. I clicked on nightwave in the bottom right hand corner of my screen and the first thing it says is to open 20 lockers. It shows a flag (I can't make out the symbol) and the number 1000. I was really hoping DE would have learned something in the time I've been gone. Please tell me this isn't how I gain nightwave links. Also what does the 1000 mean?

Edit: someone said that it goes on points not links. I feel like the challenge told me to get links, but it's gone now.

Not sure if it is rank 7 with Nightwave rep or 7 objectives.  Ranks are every 10K rep.  The objectives are daily(1K rep) Weekly (3K rep) and Elite Weekly(5K rep).

The 20 locker one you saw is a daily for 1K rep.

1 minute ago, Ohforf3 said:

Not sure if it is rank 7 with Nightwave rep or 7 objectives.  Ranks are every 10K rep.  The objectives are daily(1K rep) Weekly (3K rep) and Elite Weekly(5K rep).

The 20 locker one you saw is a daily for 1K rep.

DE didny learn a god damn thing it seems. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517

Just now, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

DE didny learn a god damn thing it seems. Thanks for the reply.

Well there isn't a rep cap on ranking up.  Besides doing the objectives there are also escaped prisoners you can capture for 50 rep each(spawn in groups for 3 for 150).  Still coming back this late in the season is to late to get in.

27 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

whats the Problem with Nightwave?

The problem is that I took an 8 month break from this game to get away from the grind and the first thing I see when I get back is a challenge. Awesome I love me some challenges. I need 5 ranks or whatever before I can play. Ok that's cool what do I need to do? Open 20 lockers....l see why I took that break. This is some of the most grindiest S#&$ I've ever seen. It's bad even for warframe. All of the challenges were some nonsense stuff like that. I'm still hoping I read it wrong because this is stupid as hell.

Edited by (PS4)B0XMAN517
Removed a letter

7 minutes ago, Ohforf3 said:

Well there isn't a rep cap on ranking up.  Besides doing the objectives there are also escaped prisoners you can capture for 50 rep each(spawn in groups for 3 for 150).  Still coming back this late in the season is to late to get in.

I really appreciate your help. It looks very grindy to me (even for warframe).

That strange symbol is the standing symbol. It’s like that for litteraly everything. The only thing that might be confusing is that ranks are for some reason being called links. You get a rank every 10k standing. That never changes.

Edited by BansheePrime

Just now, BansheePrime said:

That strange symbol is the standing symbol. It’s like that for litteraly everything. The only thing that might be confusing is that ranks are for some reason being called links. You get a rank every 10k standing. That never changes at higher ranks.

Is it always stuff like "open 20 lockers" or "scratch your nose 50 times"? That's all I saw, but I'm choosing to believe that was an anomaly. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

Is it always stuff like "open 20 lockers" or "scratch your nose 50 times"? That's all I saw, but I'm choosing to believe that was an anomaly. 

The daily mission is always pretty basic compared to the weekly and elite weekly objectives. Most daily missions usually end up being kill 150 enemies with a specific weapon slot (primary secondary or melee) or a specific element. Sometimes it just wants you to place a glyph in a match.

Edited by BansheePrime

1 minute ago, BansheePrime said:

The daily mission is always pretty basic compared to the weekly and elite weekly objectives. Most daily missions usually end up being kill 150 enemies with a specific weapon slot (primary secondary or melee) or a specific element. Sometimes it just wants you to place a glyph in a match.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I have no idea why I reinstalled this game expecting things to be at least a little bit better. Is everything new (at least 8 months new) as nonsensically grindy as the daily nightwave challenges? (Serious question I'm not just trying to be an ass)

6 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

The problem is that I took an 8 month break from this game to get away from the grind and the first thing I see when I get back is a challenge. Awesome I love me some challenges. I need 5 ranks or whatever before I can play. Ok that's cool what do I need to do? Open 20 lockers....l see why I took that break. This is some of the most grindiest S#&$ I've ever seen. It's bad even for warframe. All of the challenges were some nonsense stuff like that. I'm still hoping I read it wrong because this is stupid as hell.

was reading through and noticed this and i want you to know warframe is a game about grinding if you haven't noticed you have to grind materials to make wepons, warframes, etc so you can then grind to rank those up to rank up your mastery to then grind more materials for more weapons and it goes on until you reach rank 28 or whatever the cap is (edit: just putting a input not trying to argue or anything just kinda telling you how the game was designed)

Edited by (PS4)kessler0-7051

13 hours ago, (PS4)B0XMAN517 said:

ye, I feel you. Warframe has a serious problem with their definition of "challenging" They really need to learn that tedious/annoying grind =/= Challenging

On 2019-05-13 at 2:04 PM, Kyoresh said:

ye, I feel you. Warframe has a serious problem with their definition of "challenging" They really need to learn that tedious/annoying grind =/= Challenging

I'm totally fine with having to farm the same boss repeatedly, but 

On 2019-05-13 at 6:59 AM, (PS4)kessler0-7051 said:

was reading through and noticed this and i want you to know warframe is a game about grinding if you haven't noticed you have to grind materials to make wepons, warframes, etc so you can then grind to rank those up to rank up your mastery to then grind more materials for more weapons and it goes on until you reach rank 28 or whatever the cap is (edit: just putting a input not trying to argue or anything just kinda telling you how the game was designed)

I feel you, but there's a difference between farming parts and mods and tedious chores like open 20 lockers. It's the stuff like that that grinds the game to a halt. I don't even feel like I'm playing a game at that point. I'm not trying to argue either 🙂