Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pet AI Needs Heavy Rework

(NSW)Nintendork3D

Not sure if I should put this here, but since you could consider your pets weapons....screw it.

Basically title says it all.  The pets need a HEAVY rework.  I know my partner is the bastard child of a kubrow egg and a cyst that grew on my neck, but come on.  If he's not running off on his own, he's getting stuck in the Grineer sleeping quarters, getting fused in objects, getting himself killed by standing on fires and the rail train's magnetic rail, and whatever else you can imagine.

The most annoying aspect is trying to get him to open lockers.  Sometimes it works.  Most of the time he just stares at the things, won't open them if an enemy is nearby, will move down a chain of lockers just to get stuck when he encounters a gap in the locked lockers, falling through the floor, and pretty much anything you can think of.

I keep him regardless since I find good loot in lockers and would rather not take up a warframe mod slot for that, but I'd like to imagine my pet has a brain somewhere in there.

Edited by (NSW)Nintendork3D

1 minute ago, ReshyShira said:

This has been a known issue for along time but DE seems unwilling to fix old issues with the game.

It's not that they're unwilling.  It's just on a very long list of things to be changed.  Every year, that list grows in size.  Then there are things that often come and take priority like new war and tenno con.  I'm sure they will get to it eventually.  They just have a very large workload.  Gotta stay patient with them.

6 minutes ago, CeejAttack said:

It's not that they're unwilling.  It's just on a very long list of things to be changed.  Every year, that list grows in size.  Then there are things that often come and take priority like new war and tenno con.  I'm sure they will get to it eventually.  They just have a very large workload.  Gotta stay patient with them.

At some point they need to just bite the bullet and go back and update old content.

Just now, ReshyShira said:

At some point they need to just bite the bullet and go back and update old content.

You're absolutely right.  I understand their eternal struggle though... need to make sure to update old content but they have to bring new content too or the game will die.  So I think they try their best to juggle both at the same time.  So that makes for a bit slower on both sides

10 minutes ago, CeejAttack said:

You're absolutely right.  I understand their eternal struggle though... need to make sure to update old content but they have to bring new content too or the game will die.  So I think they try their best to juggle both at the same time.  So that makes for a bit slower on both sides

Right now warframe lacks a solid gameplay loop.  Just adding more loot won't really fix that.  Changing the tilesets, enemy AI, and missions around to make them more interesting very well could.

I'd agree, there are aspects of the current state of warframe that are a bit....stale.  But the most recent update they just changed the tilesets for all of Jupiter, so at least there's that.  Shows that they are still looking at older content with intent to improve.  In terms of enemy AI, on a previous livestream they teased the planes of duviri, which they said will come with new tilesets and a new enemy faction.  I'm hoping that will that update will come new and interesting mission types and not just the same standard mission structure (eg. exterminate, defense, mobile defense, etc.).  Also, with rail jack, that's a pretty big direction to go in.  Gonna be interested to see how all that goes.

i can see that they are working hard to keep warframe current and interesting.  Unfortunately, with a game like thing being so big, it just takes a lot of time to touch on everything that needs to be changed.

@ReshyShira

Edited by CeejAttack
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, CeejAttack said:

I'd agree, there are aspects of the current state of warframe that are a bit....stale.  But the most recent update they just changed the tilesets for all of Jupiter, so at least there's that.  Shows that they are still looking at older content with intent to improve.  In terms of enemy AI, on a previous livestream they teased the planes of duviri, which they said will come with new tilesets and a new enemy faction.  I'm hoping that will that update will come new and interesting mission types and not just the same standard mission structure (eg. exterminate, defense, mobile defense, etc.).  Also, with rail jack, that's a pretty big direction to go in.  Gonna be interested to see how all that goes.

i can see that they are working hard to keep warframe current and interesting.  Unfortunately, with a game like thing being so big, it just takes a lot of time to touch on everything that needs to be changed.

@ReshyShira

It's great that they're doing all that.  But I feel like pets should kind of be a priority as they are an entire weapon/utility section of the game.  That'd be like if pistols didn't work correctly, but they never fixed them because "eh, new content!"

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

It's great that they're doing all that.  But I feel like pets should kind of be a priority as they are an entire weapon/utility section of the game.  That'd be like if pistols didn't work correctly, but they never fixed them because "eh, new content!"

You're right.  Pets are WAY overdue.  Hopefully DE is really listening to the community and it will be one the things the get around to updating this year.  I certainly would really love and appreciate to see that come soon™ .  😄 

1 minute ago, CeejAttack said:

You're right.  Pets are WAY overdue.  Hopefully DE is really listening to the community and it will be one the things the get around to updating this year.  I certainly would really love and appreciate to see that come soon™ .  😄 

The main things that I think they need fixing is:

Better pathfinding.

Better hitboxes to keep them from getting stuck all the time.

Invincibility frames after reviving them so they don't just instantly go down afterwards.

MUCH more polished coding for unlocking lockers. (This one is my main want.)

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Nintendork3D said:

The main things that I think they need fixing is:

Better pathfinding.

Better hitboxes to keep them from getting stuck all the time.

Invincibility frames after reviving them so they don't just instantly go down afterwards.

MUCH more polished coding for unlocking lockers. (This one is my main want.)

Good stuff in there.  I'd also like to add for kubrow/kavat to have their own "weapon" modding.  It's getting so cluttered with only putting mods on the pet.  Especially with them adding more mods for companions.  Just no room to add things like that.