The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beef up Floopy Bird a little more where needed.

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

hace 7 horas, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

As my good friend Caelward says, sure, let's nerf Zephyr by putting a Drain ability on there, why not? What could possibly be wrong with a mode that prevents all active energy regeneration just to get something she already has without it?

much more durable and controllable time in the air is a nerf? wut?

11 minutes ago, Toppien said:

much more durable and controllable time in the air is a nerf? wut?

It's about the mechanics of energy drain actually. That mechanic is built specifically as a nerf in terms of energy management.

Justo ahora, Caelward dijo:

It's about the mechanics of energy drain actually. That mechanic is built specifically as a nerf in terms of energy management.

and you think dealing with that is worst than what we have now? i don't even...

1 minute ago, Toppien said:

Well, I don't have to think about much of anything since DE obstinately refuses to admit there might be some work needing to be done, so I'll never have to find out if my most beloved frame would be better off that way.

Edit: Besides, wouldn't want to infringe on what the new speed frame or Hildrin can do.

Edited by Caelward

hace 1 minuto, Caelward dijo:

Well, I don't have to think about much of anything since DE obstinately refuses to admit there might be some work needing to be done, so I'll never have to find out if my most beloved frame would be better off that way.

yeah? well welcome to the club, i too feel that way for our beloved frame

6 hours ago, Toppien said:

yeah? well welcome to the club, i too feel that way for our beloved frame

Are you some form of Communist?!?!

Jokes aside... yeah It's been about year and 4 months, still 0 anything or intent on looking at Zephyr or even some frames such as Ember... or Nyx & Titania after their "buffs".

Energy drain would be fine if it was the kind where it doesn't stop energy gain from all sources, don't think it's impossible to add that, wasn't there an ability that allowed energy gain regardless of drain?

11 hours ago, Toppien said:

No, my friend, we think that dealing with this is objectively worse than just fixing the ability in the first place, that's all.

What a lot of us feel would fix Tailwind is the ability to stop when we want to, and one of the options for that is in her kit already; the Hover. If that stopped being an anti-movement, counter-productive cast and allowed us to just cast it wherever for a short hold (like a half-second hold) while we are moving, that would mean we could stop in the air after a cast, halt momentum.

Another example is to let us use Zephyr's innate in-air steering to control the movement, so we can land or adjust to go through a door (instead of smacking into the sides) and to remove the locked animation from it so that we can use that more freely.

A more advanced version is to change up the modding, because Duration is used on Turbulence and Tornado, which you want a long Duration on both, but then for some reason also affects the travel time and speed of travel on Tailwind. What is actually variable on Zephyr's kit is Range and Strength. Some people want a lot of Range for Turbulence, some people want a lot of Strength for Jet Stream/Funnel Clouds and so on. Both are changeable and easily modded for in either direction. If the distance initially travelled by Tailwind was defined by Range, and then the momentum after was affected by Strength, then you could mod for a short dash and high momentum Tailwind for lots of air time and maximum amount of time able to shoot, cast abilities, reload and so on, or you could mod for a long dash with low momentum so that you could go a long distance, but then slow down and float a little while you chose what to do next.

Heck, combine all three. Give us the mobile air-brake form of Hover to use whenever we want it, give us the animation-free steer-able cast of Tailwind, and then give us the better modding format so we have a massively customisable cast that we can tweak to what we want. 

Heh, I've been at this kind of theory crafting for Zephyr for a long time, my friend. Forgive me for being a little sharp with you earlier.

4 hours ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

Energy drain would be fine if it was the kind where it doesn't stop energy gain from all sources, don't think it's impossible to add that, wasn't there an ability that allowed energy gain regardless of drain?

There are abilities that are toggled on and then do not 'drain' because they work on instances of the ability applying its function.

The notable examples are Nekros, Equinox and Ivara.

Desecrate is an Aura that costs energy for each instance of desecrating a body, but because there can be periods of time where there are no bodies, it doesn't consistently drain (that would be unfair) and so also allows for energy regen between times, the only difference between it and another ability is that you don't have to cast it on each individual body in turn to cut down on animation time.

Equinox has Pacify and Provoke, which drains based on whether an enemy is in range or not, and because of this the drain is un-affected by Duration (so you can't make it more or less efficient that way) and as a result of it being 'per instance' it doesn't interrupt regen (this is likely the balance for Mend and Maim costing energy per second and interrupting energy regen when used).

And Artemis Bow costs energy per shot fired (which is probably why the damage is un-affected by the charge-up of the bow, only the angle of the arrows) and doesn't interrupt regen. It's probably as a balance for the fact that both Navigator and Prowl drain energy per second and do interrupt energy regen.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime
  • Like 1