Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Talk About My Most Used Equipment?

AnnaCurser

Can we talk about the Staticor?

The Staticor is great! It's one of my favourit weapons.
It used to be my favourite weapon all together.

mostused.png?width=1129&height=121

But I don't use it since the rework.
Sure it got stronger and the performance of it overall improved.
But the Style changed and the animation. And I'm not happy with it.

The Staticor used to fire off a fireball that hit the ground and went Poof
and all the enemies around it were tossed away though the hall and into the sky.
There was an invisible force in the fireball that was just great to use and the animation was impressive.

Now the Staticor shoots a glowing glass dome that enlarges over the enemies, colours them and blinds them, so they sink down to their knees and lay down to sleep.
Also, the energy is impossible to colour in a way, that doesn't blind you. As great as the animation looks now, it's too much, too bright, too big and frankly very taxing on the frames.
I'd like to see changes made to the Staticor once more.

Thanks for the attention.
DfC

Can we talk about the Ferrox?

The Ferrox is great! It's one of my favourit weapons.
It's my favourite Rifle all together.

But since the change, there's a problem with it, that nobody seems to care about.
And it is not the unmentioned nerf on the damage or the impact explotion that doesn't really exist.
The alt-fire doesn't work the same way it used to.

It used to be a Tether-Stick, you could just put into some wall or corridor, to keep enemies from passing and they all would start to hug the Tether-Stick.
Then you were free to do whatever to them, shoot them, slide or jump into them or use Nidus to stack them.

But now that won't work anymore.
It used to be a weapon with strong CC.
Now it's not anymore.

Sure the Alt-Fire is stronger now. It does more damage, faster. The pulse comes faster, does more Status in a wider area.
But the Tether Effect got lost.
It's still there. But it doesn't work.

In the Simulacrum, the inactive Mobs are still drawn to it, if only very, very slowly.
But in missions, this does almost never happen.
Mobs either die too quickly to get huged
or their struggle has enough force to keep them from moving anywere all together.

I used to use the Alt-Fire more than the Primary Fire, frankly to put mobs into a good position for Ironclad Charge or Virulence.
But that doesn't work anymore.

I'd like to see changes made to the Ferrox once more. So it returns to Tether mobs reliably.

DfC

Can we talk about the Larva?

Nidus is great! It's one of my favourit Frames.
It's my favourite Caster all together.

But there's a problem with the Larva ever since, that is fairly annoying.
The Larva is made to pull together mobs from all around the room.
But regularly, theres some mishave amongst them.
There's always one or two mobs that are not pulled in all the way.
They get stuck behind some railings or the edge of a wall.
The Larva only pulls enemies visible to it.
So it would be strange to pull a mob that hides behind a wall, only to fail bringing him in in the end.
If there was some movement at the end of the tentacles to dislodge those mobs, it would work better.

Another thing about the Larva is, that regularly, mobs don't get pulled all the way in, because they get swung around the room in circles.
There's so much movement in their flight, that they don't come to a rest and they keep missing the Larva. They then stay in Orbit until the duration ends and get either tossed into a wall or just drop down into some canyon.

Another thing about the Larva is, that sometimes it is too high up the ground  for Virulence.
You can recast the Larva in mid air so it just hangs there. Then of course it would be too high for a ground attack.
But if you cast it on the ground and it bounces off the floor, sometimes the Larva stays too high
and Virulence doesn't reach it anymore.

I'd like to see changes made to the Larva. So it performs at its best.

Warframe0183.jpg

Warframe0182.jpg

Warframe0181.jpgWarframe0180.jpg

Warframe0184.jpg

DfC

Honestly, I think Larva is already too good an ability for that slot, I'm not sure if they're even willing to touch it.

This response was once to the post -- once a thread in feedback -- about Larva. Then I added this to make it clear, which got removed:

a4TuZfx.png

Not sure why it's in GD now, it felt appropriate in feedback. What was pointed out there is a problem with Larva.

Edited by Kontrollo
clarification

46 minutes ago, DavidCurser said:

But now that won't work anymore.

It used to be a weapon with strong CC.
Now it's not anymore.

I feel like the CC is way stronger, the tether can easily go to 100% status and procs way more often.

54 minutes ago, DavidCurser said:

But the Tether Effect got lost.

It's still there. But it doesn't work.

In the Simulacrum, the inactive Mobs are still drawn to it, if only very, very slowly.
But in missions, this does almost never happen.
Mobs either die too quickly to get huged
or their struggle has enough force to keep them from moving anywere all together.

I didn't start using it until after the patch but the tether strength seems about the same in all the pre-patch footage I could find.

The difference probably is coming from the increased range so mobs get caught farther out and take longer to get pushed together. The ones that struggle against it stay 10m out instead of the 6m they used to get stuck at.

Since it's killing things too fast and you only use it to draw stuff together have you tried adjusting your mods? If you really want to use it to group up low level mobs it can still do that.

2 hours ago, Rogunz said:

Since it's killing things too fast and you only use it to draw stuff together have you tried adjusting your mods? If you really want to use it to group up low level mobs it can still do that.

Well, I would like to have it as a strong cannon anyway, since it can oneshot a lot of mobs and does very high damage.
but the alt fire didnt use to do that. Now it kills way too quickly

Id be okay if the tether would kill stuff relyably, but if so, then it should pull mobs together almost instantly, so I can still use it as a budget larva.

Taking this mechanic away from me only bc i was the only person that used it - seems highly unfair

DfC

what power abusive moderator keeps editing my threat?

Edited by DavidCurser
power abusing moderator

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

Staticor is amazing now, I love it. Probably the strongest secondary in the game with Primed mods (because it one-shots in 99% of the game's content in an aoe that penetrates walls).

true
but it doesnt take away the horrid animation effects

This thread gave me a good laugh because at first I thought you were a bunch of people who miraculously responded to your OP on the Staticor with talking about the rest of your equipment. Good times, good times. Um... Like I guess I can see your concern with the Staticor, I actually kind of like the change because it's more apparent as to how big it is, and it still launches enemies, just not as inappropriately far. My biggest gripe is there are exactly 0 times when I have wanted to just discharge the full attack on one melee enemy. 

The Ferrox is, so so. It has superb numbers for anything, and the shocks can do a decent job of stunning the enemy. Guess I was always using mine to apply some low level damage in a doorway. I actually kind of like the other changes to the gun, but I think it lacks oomph to make it very many peoples go to. That you like it is fantastic, maybe slap some fire on there to turn those into radiation procs. At least then enemies would fight each other instead. 

Larva... I feel you so much on this one. Granted, this seems like something that they are painfully aware of. Like melee kind of being.... unfinished. A lot of abilities can do weird things like this: Hydroid's tentacles, Khora's Dome, Valkyrs Ripline etc. If it grabs and pulls it's in RNGesus's hands. At least with Larva, Tentacles, and Dome there is an anchor point it is being pulled "towards". It tends to be a little more reliable than hoping something gets ragdolled towards you well. I could see work into this one, but it is probably a painful thorn in the side of the developers.