Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

WTF wrong with my Rubico Prime build

1n5tanc3

Question

Hey Tenno Scoom,

Can someone please advise vise what’s wrong with my rubico prime Eidelon build? Have modded as below all at max

hellfire, serration, vigilante armaments,Split chamber, vital sense, storm bringer, primes cryo rounds and point strike. I play with Volt. Even with me firing through shields it still takes 10+ shots for a limb, run out of ammo for the final kill. I’ve YouTubed myself into oblivion and am using builds that are supposed to 3/4 shot but for some reason it ain’t working. 

So I’ve built chroma prime, still garbage shots. What Chroma Prime build should I be using? There’s a trick to this but I just can’t find it.

using deadeye, streamline, vitality, redirection, stretch, intensify, augur massage, augur reach, flow. All maxed. 

3 minutes ago, Void-Gunslinger said:

By any chance did you unveil a riven lately or did some Orokin Derelict runs and still have a Extinguished Key equipped?

I’ve done plenty vault runs but all keys unequipped. Unveiled my last riven over a month ago. Have a stack of new rivens I haven’t unveiled yet though. Curious about the riven question? 

Edited by 1n5tanc3

14 minutes ago, 1n5tanc3 said:

So I’ve built chroma prime, still garbage shots. What Chroma Prime build should I be using? There’s a trick to this but I just can’t find it.

using deadeye, streamline, vitality, redirection, stretch, intensify, augur massage, augur reach, flow. All maxed. 

I’ve done plenty vault runs but all keys unequipped. Unveiled my last riven over a month ago. Have a stack of new rivens I haven’t unveiled yet though. Curious about the riven question? 

Chroma gets damage buff from his Vex Armor, when taking damage to life. Build for max strength + duration, so you can keep the buff up at all times and you get as much damage as possible. You can use something like Cerata to self-damage to cast buff. I'll post my build as soon as I finish current arbitration.

Edited by z3roblade
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

Power strength

If I just have a chrome prime build issue, can resolve that tonight still 🙂 

can an you suggest a build that would get me to the 2/3 shot? Pleeeaaasseeee lol. I grinded to get garbage lanka( or is it a chroma problem too, hmmm ) 750 plat on a lanka riven and it feels like I’m shooting with a Braton mk1.

so sounding like it must be chroma, which could be my issue all along....

Edited by 1n5tanc3

Serration, Heavy Calibur, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Vigilante Armaments (or) Primed Cyro Rounds (or) Riven +CC+MS/Electirc/Heat-Neg.

This should do fine an you should be able to 1-3 shot limbs through 1 volt shield. When going for the killing blow during the end phase, remember to stack 6 shields for the 600% electrical damage bonus towards radiation.

1 minute ago, ArchangelusAlpharius said:

Vitality, Adaptation, Narrow Minded, Primed Continuity, Hunter Adrenaline, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Umbral Intensify, Power Drift, Corrosive Projection

All mods maxed.

Some I don’t have.... ok let me get/max them, will give this build a try

It's recommended to have a "sufficiently" strong vex armor buff.  Assuming you have a strong vex armor build, the bonus is additive with any existing +damage mods you have (including serration).  Replacing serration for another mod would be recommended as the value of serration on the build decreases with vex armor.  You'll also want to keep your sniper combo multiplier constant and high as that's a good source of damage.  I wouldn't underestimate volt shields but chroma should be sufficient w/o it.  I'm not entirely sure if this affects the limbs but the armor value on the eidolons can play a potential problem.  If no one runs CP, I would bring shattering impact to help for at least the kill phase if needed.  

Edited by Chicktor
clarity

2 minutes ago, CapnRawwr said:

Serration, Heavy Calibur, Hellfire, Stormbringer, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Vigilante Armaments (or) Primed Cyro Rounds (or) Riven +CC+MS/Electirc/Heat-Neg.

This should do fine an you should be able to 1-3 shot limbs through 1 volt shield. When going for the killing blow during the end phase, remember to stack 6 shields for the 600% electrical damage bonus towards radiation.

If using Chroma instead of Volt, replace Serration and Heavy Calibur with Wildfire and Primed Cyro Rounds (or) Vigilante Armaments

2 minutes ago, CapnRawwr said:

I don’t get it. I’ve tried this build, didn’t work, same issue with volt. 

1 minute ago, 1n5tanc3 said:

I don’t get it. I’ve tried this build, didn’t work, same issue with volt. 

Perhaps just a few times with bad luck? It usually need to hit an orange crit for it to be a 1 shot if anything 3 bullets from the multishot should also do the trick, however it's RNG based.

1 minute ago, CapnRawwr said:

Perhaps just a few times with bad luck? It usually need to hit an orange crit for it to be a 1 shot if anything 3 bullets from the multishot should also do the trick, however it's RNG based.

Yeah I gave up the one shotting when I wasted time on the lanka, even with a good riven it’s utter garbage. Or so it is for me. Would be happy 3 shotting with Volt Prime/rubico. I’ve got all these mods maxed already so will try it again, but I did it quite a few times before I gave up on that build too. Kinda feels like I’m being shafted by a bug at this point, haha.

Will the Mod Order change the characteristics of the wep? My current order results in almost 3000 radiation/cold for each. Heavy caliber lifts that but then I have to be super close to get the accuracy .

You mentioned Rubico and Lanka.  Are you trying both?  If you're shooting cold, even with a Chroma buff you'll still take a few shots with the Lanka, and even more with the Rubico.  Sniper combo counter helps, like Chicktor mentioned, especially with Rubico.  

If you could show vid of what you're doing, it would help us to see what you may be doing wrong, because your builds seem like they should be working.

Just now, (PS4)SteveOMatic said:

You mentioned Rubico and Lanka.  Are you trying both?  If you're shooting cold, even with a Chroma buff you'll still take a few shots with the Lanka, and even more with the Rubico.  Sniper combo counter helps, like Chicktor mentioned, especially with Rubico.  

If you could show vid of what you're doing, it would help us to see what you may be doing wrong, because your builds seem like they should be working.

Don’t try Lanka anymore as i can’t even get a leg down before shields are back up. And that’s with a Lanka Crita-visican, at max. Never done the vid thing, will need to get one ready. But what could I possibly be doing wrong, build wep, shoot joints, right? It’s all about the builds, which I’ve done, so I don’t get it. Whatever it is, I’m probably going to go embryo weep state when/ if I ever get this right.

With lanka, you'll need to fully charge your shot if you plan to kill a limb (25% is enough for just combo stacking).  Zooming in is important for the +CC bonus.  Lanka with just point strike will need the 2nd zoom level to guarantee a critical hit.  A riven with +CC can orange crit (or adarza/harrow).  The main benefits for lanka over another sniper like rubico would be the ability to mod for full radiation damage and its decent riven disposition in comparison.

Edited by Chicktor
clarity

1 minute ago, Chicktor said:

With lanka, you'll need to fully charge your shot if you plan to kill a limb (25% is enough for just combo stacking).  Zooming in is important for the +CC bonus.  Lanka with just point strike will need the 2nd zoom level to guarantee a critical hit.  A riven with +CC can orange crit (or adarza/harrow).

Yeah, fully charged, still garbage. Even at max zoom(which is friggin terrible to use, for me anyways) it’s still garbage, super low damage and I can scarcely get a limb down before shields come back up. That’s why I prefer Rubico Prime. So this should all be working, but clearly isn’t. Yay for me. 

2 minutes ago, z3roblade said:

This is my current Chroma Prime build:

vox7yq4.jpg

Will give that a bash. Thanks mate. Suspect no difference from reading the above wrt volt, but will try it. 

Can you maybe post your rubico prime build? Maybe I’ve got a mod in the wrong place or something, I’m out of ideas at this point.