Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dread

Matxer

Question

22 answers to this question

The dread is a solid weapon but it shares the same drawbacks as all the bows. It has both reload time and, if you want to get the full damage, a charge time. That said, bows are silent without the hush mod, they can use the thunderbolt mod which makes explosions and we all know explosions = badass, and it does fairly good damage with a high crit chance (50% with a crit mod I believe). If you do want to use it, just remember to treat it like any other sniper weapon and be aware of the situations that support it's use. 

Edit- by trophy he means make it, take it out for rare occasions to play around with and feel shiny, but don't really use it. (I assume)

Edited by Lothlaine

I like to throw down me dread sometimes, only against infested or low-level enemies though. I put Split chamber, thunderbolt, hellfire, fast hands, serration and i consider using bane of infested aswell. Just spam arrows and hope for thunderbolt proc.

Pair it up with an ammo-efficient sidearm with armor piercing such as kunai, dread, twin gremlins or acrid for ancient-killing since dread aint good at that.

It's quite fun to use and well worth the resources if you feel like you don't desperately need them for something else.

I had a look at the Wiki and could't find much about trophy. What's that ?

Not mechanically, he means: i got a rare weapon, i'll keep it.

Dread is fantastic with a crit build. However, you have to aim!

Always go for head shots - do it effectively and Dread is one of the most powerful weapons. Most people mark it off because it isn't armor piercing.

Dread is the only weapon I've been able to take into T3 void and one shot any enemy.(Including heavy gunners)

Personally I don't recommend thunderbolt, though I haven't used it after the supposed fix, it used to ruin the effectiveness of the weapon.

Time to copy-paste from the Weapon Battle: Dread vs. Paris Prime thread.

"Dread: Has a 10% crit. chance and 200% crit damage. When charged, (charge all your fcking arrows) it will have a 20% crit. chance and same crit. damage. While it deals Blade damage, making a shot to a weak spot or unarmored point and getting a crit. will deal lots of damage if modded right. However, if you miss, you're going to deal almost no damage.

It's arrows have a slight arc."
Edited by AlchemistMute

A bit OT, but speaking of Despair, as it is armor-piercing, the armor-piercing mod is useless with Despair, right ?

Armor piercing adds a % amount of damage and that damage is amor piercing, just like electrical, fire or freeze mods, and since armor piercing is the best overall element currently it is actually more worth putting that on a weapon than any other elemental mod. 

This will change when they release amor 2.0 and armor piercing will only make a % of your damage ignore armor instead of increasing damage, THEN it will probably be useless on despair.

Edited by Bionicme

Armor piercing adds a % amount of damage and that damage is amor piercing, just like electrical, fire or freeze mods, and since armor piercing is the best overall element currently it is actually more worth putting that on a weapon than any other elemental mod. 

This will change when they release amor 2.0 and armor piercing will only make a % of your damage ignore armor instead of increasing damage, THEN it will probably be useless on despair.

Really the best overall ? I thought it was frost.

You mean AP is relevant also vs infestation and Corpus ?

Really the best overall ? I thought it was frost.

You mean AP is relevant also vs infestation and Corpus ?

Cold damage isn't special. It doesn't ignore armor and deals 200% damage to shields. Otherwise, it reduces movement speed by 50%. AP damage completely ignores armor, goes through Corpus boxheads to deal 400% damage, deals 200% damage to Ancient heads and unfortunately deals 50% damage to light Infested. But they're low-HP chumps, and it's the Ancients that matter.

It's the best elemental mod, really.

Oh ! That's how you can shoot them in the head, those damned Corpus, I guess.

Vs infestation, I usually use my melee weapon.

They take damage from every damage type except Bullet, which deals no damage to the head. Sobek and Hek deal Impact damage, which is basically Bullet damage that can hit Corpus heads. Serrated Blade and Physics Impact are both armor-ignoring damage types that can also go through the head. The head takes 4x damage from AP, though, and that's on top of the 2x damage just for shooting the head.