Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ceres defense, Moa/Kavat/Kubrow companions and brain damaged "AI."

CedarDpg

So, I just recently ran a defense mission on Ceres which reminded me that I wanted to bring this up in the past, since it's kind of annoying as eff. The defense is on the Grineer tileset in which the defense target is on a trolley that moves between two positions on an electrified rail. I know that when people used to hang out up there it must've pissed DE off so of course they came up with the electrified rail idea. They even made it electrified all the way to the platform above the staircase so that "careless" NPCs and players get downed. Fine. But then they came up with Kubrow/Kavat/Moas and gave them a brain damaged "AI" to run them and the stupid companions run into the rail and get downed. When you revive the companion, do they learn that the rail is bad since they just got zapped by it? No. They stand up and run headlong back into the rail and get downed again.

Even if you move such that you're further away from the rail than the companion, do they turn around and come to your side? No. They ignore your new positioning, stand up, get a good look at that shimmering piece of metal and seem to get off by rubbing overly affectionately against it. Perhaps they're into erotic electrostim, dunno. In any case, it's a huge distraction since during that mission, literally all of the squad took turns reviving that companion over and over instead of focusing on the mission. 😛

DE, can you please either make it so that companions aren't so mentally challenged, make them immune to the railing, or just make the railing not electrified all the way to the platform where the companions will brush up against it? Thanks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Are you making fun of brain damaged people? >_>

On topic: yeah the companions need ai improvements.. it's even noticeable in the ship.. but de already knows that, even mentioned pets 2.0 at one point.. don't know how long it'll be until we see some changes though..

Haha, nah, not really. Just me venting. 🙂 Though I can draw parallels between their overall behavior and one of my uncles. He had short-term memory loss after he had a brain tumor removed and he would do some behavior, have a negative outcome, forget about his initial action and the outcome, repeat the behavior, etc. Annoying and sad at the same time. They don't even have to do much to fix the Ceres issue. Just shorten the electric rail to not extend all the way to the staircase/platform.

It's not just the defensive rails. Pets like being meat shields regardless if they can tank the damage or not. Jump into a group of mobs then run away. The pet will still attack constantly with the whole enemy group attacking it. Revive the pet only for it to still attack the group. Too bad we can't switch pets to attack mode then passive mode to follow the tenno around.

11 hours ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

It's not just the defensive rails. Pets like being meat shields regardless if they can tank the damage or not. Jump into a group of mobs then run away. The pet will still attack constantly with the whole enemy group attacking it. Revive the pet only for it to still attack the group. Too bad we can't switch pets to attack mode then passive mode to follow the tenno around.

That would be awesome. And perhaps a guard mode too.

Hmmm, another example I just ran into while running Orokin Derelicts is my MOA dashing into the electrified floor areas and stopping there until it's downed. Once downed, even reviving, it will stand there until it gets downed again. Even if someone else revives it and I'm far away.