Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition A Change For (Or A Solution To) Current Reward System, Rng

WeissKreuz

You can't just ditch the RNG. The game does rely on it.

The problem is right now everything is heavy in RNG and there is absolutely nothing in game set up to prevent you from getting stuck in a huge rut where you get nothing done for ages because you aren't able to get 'that one last piece' or some such nonsense.

The game doesn't need the RNG to go away. It just needs to get an appropriate release valve. Something to spring players out of the trap they get stuck in. It has needed it for a good, long time.

Eeehhh... How many items are in the void right now? How many game modes are there? How many times can you keep banging in more and more stuff before you pollute you water too much to drink? It's not that the RNG is broke... There's too much crap to win!

This is also true. To be honest, I don't have a clue how I expect DE to fix that problem.

Honestly I think this game has bigger issues ATM than RNG.

Yeah, eliminating RNG would be nice but I doubt having to murder a boss 50 000 times so you can have enough tokens for what you want, would make the game any better.

Edited by Cabadath5

Overall I am a YES.

There is no feeling like trying to get mag prime, using 25 keys and getting 20 latron prime pieces. I forget which piece, but thats about 80% drop rate (yes it's a VERY SMALL sample size, but I'm sure there are more people like me and my group out there with similar exp). RNG my @$$.

Current RNG IS broke right now.... not random enough to support current stats, which some might argue is random and just "bad luck"....... but not me.

I'm digressing from simple answers at this point...

One suggestion I tried to make to Skree at one point was to start looking at mission arcs. You could keep 2 or 3 components of something in the void, and then, have some kind special mission arc for the chasis, or BP.of each individual frame.

This could even be a way to begin starting the back story of all the frames, where they came from, etc.

It would clean up the pollution of the current RNG system as well. Make it hard enough to force players to work together.

33% yes,

Only for weapon/warframe blueprints - mods, resources and cosmetics are fine as RNG. The right system may also help with some of the god-aweful balancing (IE braton prime only accessable from void but the soma is far better and easily available), reduce the grind, allow for a wider range of gear from limited missions, and increase the games longevity (if people are only playing this because of RNG, DE is going to have problems).

Get rid of it.  As little as possible should be random.  Who aggros a boss or mob shouldn't be random, their responses shouldn't be random, their drops shouldn't be random - in fact, the key element of all good game design is the ability for a player to figure out how it works.  And by getting rid I don't mean replacing one source of entropy with another, like mod 7 of the numbers of shots fired or the number of left turns taken xor the number of right turns taken.  But something relevant.

If it's not controllable, then just have it drop a token.  Then trade N of these for something suitable.  For instance, to buy a WF you need four pieces (BP, Systems, Chassis, Helmet).  That would mean if four bosses drop a token for each, you need to get all four bosses a certain number of times.  Or you can make it obvious which kind a given boss will drop, then rotate the indication for every so many shots, or based on time, or tie it to some boss behavior.  It's quite possible to make this as difficult as it needs to be to keep it challenging!

no

there will always people who will complain no matter what system is put in. With the token system, if exchange rate is too low, contents gets done quickly and if rate is too high, people be complaining. Even if the exchange rate is balanced out, there will be people complaining about having to buy/farm for keys regardless since the luck factor has been removed. Can't go 1/1 on an item no more.

In fact it, in the end it might take you even longer to get all the items from the void, with some many wanted items from the void, could you imagine how many runs it will take to get enough tokens. But be good for business for DE since key packs will be a hot item, then people be complaining about that...

LAYERS of rng need to stop, i'm happy with 1 layer (although things in void would be better if less diluted) but rng to get a key to get a chance at more rng is bad.

I played guildwars and rng on rare weapons was huge BUT at least you didnt need a level of rng to get into the dungeons to get a chance of a weapon.

PLEASE DE 1 level of rng only!

Edited by spacedkadet

You can't just ditch the RNG. The game does rely on it.

The problem is right now everything is heavy in RNG and there is absolutely nothing in game set up to prevent you from getting stuck in a huge rut where you get nothing done for ages because you aren't able to get 'that one last piece' or some such nonsense.

The game doesn't need the RNG to go away. It just needs to get an appropriate release valve. Something to spring players out of the trap they get stuck in. It has needed it for a good, long time.

Sorry Weiss

I have a suggestion...

I s there any way for the rng sys to be a governed rng?

It is still bassed off of rng how ever a sys in the background that "scans" the items you have and then therefore removes it from the rng for your profile?

Eg. you finish a Void survival and get mag prime helmet, and then it takes it out of the Rng system for you so the next run you will indefinitely get something different.

similar to a roulette system, that way you will always get something you have not already got.

i know that is a bit troublesome for such a larg player base, however, is it not worth a shot!?

Please give me your feed back DE. seriously dont want to give up on warframe!!

Edited by King_Shinobi

Nope. Basic knowledge of statistics means that I can accept not getting all three parts in three runs.

This is true for me as well.

However I'm not okay with doing something like 50 runs and not having all three parts.

Saryn, Nova and now Rhino have all taken me better then 50 runs to build. It is the grind trap I mention every so often. The game has literally nothing in place to save a person from getting stuck in a huge rut where they're left running one mission for too long.

There is a point where the sheer amount of times I've had to repeat a simple process becomes unreasonable. The repetition of it is horrible for a player.

No, as it doesn't grant any joyous incentive getting what one worked hard for after a long time.

On a whole i feel that all boss missions should be redone to how the J-2000 golem reward system is, not the key crafting. This means providing one BP of the frame at least after the mission ends. In addition there would be rare weapon orb drops by bosses as frames are cycled into the end mission rewards, something like how Vor has his orokin pistol or the miter/gremlin orb drops.

Edited by Jacate