Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus and Fortuna Foundry stations.

CedarDpg

As the title implies, please give us Foundry stations somewhere in Cetus and Fortuna. It can get kind of annoying if you have to go all the way back to your orbiter to craft one thing, possibly wait to claim the item and then return to Cetus/Fortuna. This is especially true if you're in a decent squad with ongoing bounties/etc. and leaving drops you from squad.

Edited by CedarDpg

I could see a relay like landing station near spawn where you could call your ship back and go into a half mode kind of thing, like a panel on the orbiter you can access things like foundary/mods/inventory.  I'd think there should be some stuff restricted like decorations and maybe operator stuff?  If it went that far there would have to be a full load in.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

Don't see it happening from a lore point. The foundry is special Orokin tech that is sought after by the other factions due it's ability to construct just about anything. So seeing it appear in either of those locations wouldn't make sense.

Or just make it in a Tenno control building/facility/room in each location with armed guards standing outside. I mean, look at Cetus, there's a frickin' Orokin tower there. Not to mention the Orokin stuff strewn around Orb Vallis. 🙂

Edited by CedarDpg

Since there's no way to know outside DE, my idle speculation is that I can't see performance getting better, only much worse, when the instance has to pull Foundry data from all the people who are in the Relay instance.

10 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Since there's no way to know outside DE, my idle speculation is that I can't see performance getting better, only much worse, when the instance has to pull Foundry data from all the people who are in the Relay instance.

This may be true, although they COULD make it semi-instanced so that when you enter the Foundry, only your personal data is pulled but you keep your place in the squad.

Just now, CedarDpg said:

This may be true, although they COULD make it semi-instanced so that when you enter the Foundry, only your personal data is pulled but you keep your place in the squad.

Bouncing you in and out of your own instance, on their servers mind you, feels like it would be exceptionally noticeable and not do much for performance. What is semi-instanced? You're either in the Relay instance, your Orbiter or a mission. Spinning up an instance for every person that accesses their Foundry, rather than just having them go back to their Orbiter, seems a bit heavy.

What I mean by "semi-instanced" would be to load a player either into a small room or preferably just load a UI that creates an ad hoc connection that the player establishes outside of the relay instance to wherever the Foundry data is stored without having EVERYONE or the server hosting the instance load every player's Foundry data.