Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ferro Fashionframe Critique

MagPrime

Alright, I decided to try breaking away from my usual colors for Mag Prime and Ferro is my least used skin for her.

unknown.png

I'm not sure how I feel about it.  It's far darker than is my norm but that's due to the inner thigh segments being uncolorable. I intentionally made the armor a shade or two lighter than the rest of the skin to give some variety but the longer I stare, the more I think I should make it match.  The Wolf armor looked decent but had no metallic sections so the gold just looked...bad.

Since this is Mag Prime, the gold accents are staying, because Prime, but idk what to change.  Something just isn't hitting the happy button for me.

Thoughts?

11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Alata is best skin, 10/10 would Crush.  What's your take on the Ferro skin tho?

Ferro is pretty good at getting one solid color if you aren't worried about accents too much.  I use it for one of my all black with slight gold metallics as trim.  

The helmet is top notch and is the only helmet I use now regardless of skin on the body.  

edit: Correction, turns out it's the Alata skin with Ferro helmet i used for the black/gold.  Ooppps

3GJYCjQ.jpg

Edited by DatDarkOne

18 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:
11 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Alata is best skin, 10/10 would Crush.  What's your take on the Ferro skin tho?

Ferro is pretty good at getting one solid color if you aren't worried about accents too much.  I use it for one of my all black with slight gold metallics as trim.  

I share Darks opinion. Fero skin is great for solid colors. However I wanted something that looked "busy" for MagP and the color channels and details weren't "busy" enough for me. That and the rift sigil just didn't mesh well enough for me on that skin. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

The helmet is top notch and is the only helmet I use now regardless of skin on the body.  

edit: Correction, turns out it's the Alata skin with Ferro helmet i used for the black/gold.  Ooppps

3GJYCjQ.jpg

3 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I share Darks opinion. Fero skin is great for solid colors. However I wanted something that looked "busy" for MagP and the color channels and details weren't "busy" enough for me. That and the rift sigil just didn't mesh well enough for me on that skin. 

I love the Alata skin, always have and always will but, I'm trying to make the Ferro skin work as a change of pace.  My A config is still Alata, that isn't ever going to change.

1 hour ago, Nova-IX said:

Its not the best quality because potato laptop but this how i went about it:

Reveal hidden contents

AqPhyYn.jpgaOYzXKS.jpg

1 hour ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Hmm. Maybe try and reverse the colors on you armor and frame? Maybe match the bright sigil energy color to that of your frame? 

I tweaked the colors a bit, I think this is pretty nice.

unknown.png unknown.png

Just now, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

That looks really good

I lightened up the darker blue sections, it matches the armor now.  Would have made the armor darker but, that's the same color on two different surfaces, I have to make the skin lighter or it wont match lol

8 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I tried it but it made her abilities obnoxious. 

It can take quite the time to find the right color composition, though i find low  intensity colors to be hard to get right.

5 hours ago, Nova-IX said:

It can take quite the time to find the right color composition, though i find low  intensity colors to be hard to get right.

It would be nice to have an opacity slider like the sigils have.  I'm finding the current shade to be a bit much, gave myself a bit of a headache when I got a bit spammy.

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

It would be nice to have an opacity slider like the sigils have.  I'm finding the current shade to be a bit much, gave myself a bit of a headache when I got a bit spammy.

For powers, going slightly darker shades has the same effect of lowering the opacity.  Hope that helps.  😀 

3 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

For powers, going slightly darker shades has the same effect of lowering the opacity.  Hope that helps.  😀 

Oh I know, but I want to have bright power colors on my Warframe, and not so bright in actual use.

#GreedyMag

8 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Oh I know, but I want to have bright power colors on my Warframe, and not so bright in actual use.

#GreedyMag

I'm still experimenting with the new color options for powers, but I think that's very possible to do now.  

edit: I'm working on having gold/amber energy color on my frames while having the power effects show as bright red so it stands out more when teamed with a group.  

Hehe, this worked against me on Nyx when I activated Assimilate and tried to move around and shoot enemies.  Couldn't see them.  I'm taking that knowledge and applying it to Mag as well when I get back home.  

Edited by DatDarkOne