The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Supra? I Think It Would Be Nice, Do You Think It Would Be Nice? Huh? (Dataz Inside)

Patzer

Yes I'm comparing it to Soma again, it's just convenient. Some ideas here:

1. Buff base damage to 55

2. Buff crit change to 25%

3. Buff base damage to 40 and crit change to 20%

CpIHW5C.png

CH = Crit Change mod

CD = Crit Damage mod

HS = Hammer Shot

Rest slots are filled with prioritizing Armor Pierce > 90% elemental damage mods > 60% elemental damage mods. Every build has maxed Serration and Split Chamber.

Edit: Btw this is how Supra currently is:

nRb7l8D.png

Edit2:

Replying to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMJRbJHxweQ posted by https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/218399-thegreatzamboni/ Im ok with my Volt+Shred+Electric Shield +80k dps Supra... /thread.

Went to test with Naeglar with my Volt using my 3x Forma Soma, all mods maxed 19k dps setup, definately took longer than 2 seconds. Didn't take video but I would estimate around 4-6 seconds.

Edit: Went to test again with 5x Forma Supra, that 14k elemental setup, yeah around 2s. Nice feature(?) indeed. x)

Edit2: At the end of video it says 78% more damage, it is actually 586% more, multiplier of 6,86 to original damage.

As an example: from 13,1s => double the DPS => time halves to 6,55s => Quadruble dps => time halves again 3,275 and we are still not at 2s mark. So simply divide 13,15 with 1,197.

Edited by Patzer

I smell some balance being thrown off in the future here.

You guys attack people who have perspectives contrary to popular views. It's disgusting, this community is disgusting...Soma should be worse than the Supra, but better than the Gorgon. Soma needs a RoF drop, as well as a magazine capacity drop to bring it in-line.

I don't understand, are these options or are you saying all these must be implemented?

Nah, just couple options/suggestion and would be results are in that picture.

Edit:

Btw this is Supra currently is, 5k less dps than Soma.

nRb7l8D.png

Edited by Patzer

All you buff ideas seem reasonable. I hope DE at least considers making supra worthy of being rank7 with it's associated costs. Even if it got a huge damage boost, supra is so in accurate it needs higher damage to compensate.

This only reminds me of how useless gorgon is and it could likely uses a moderate buff as well.

Edited by LazyKnight

It's not even a question whether the soma is OP'd, why would such a cheap and easy to obtain weapon out perform a weapon that took about 10 days to craft, costed forma and can only be obtained through clan research (meaning you have to build all the dojo parts, yes forma again ;..).

Give the Supra a V polarity slot, take away the two V slots from the soma, would be a good and fair start to balance those guns out. At least it would take some work to get the soma to its actual level, as it is now, it's just a slap in the face to all those who spent tons of credits, mats, forma and time to build the dojo and its weapons.

Please DE show some consistency !

Well I've been making some maths and it seems that Soma has even more damage per bullet than the synapse...  also soma has more fire rate... you should compare soma and synapse not soma and supra... supra- gorgon, soma - synapse

DE_Sheldon, has commented on the new clan weapons and they ARE NOT balanced yet.  Two of the three weapon added are essentially placeholders and Scott will still be reviewing them for buffs, even with thier cost reduction.

Even with the price reduction, we're definitely still looking at the Clan Tech weapons. By we're, I mean Scott.

:)

Edited by LazyKnight

It's not even a question whether the soma is OP'd, why would such a cheap and easy to obtain weapon out perform a weapon that took about 10 days to craft, costed forma and can only be obtained through clan research (meaning you have to build all the dojo parts, yes forma again ;..).

Give the Supra a V polarity slot, take away the two V slots from the soma, would be a good and fair start to balance those guns out. At least it would take some work to get the soma to its actual level, as it is now, it's just a slap in the face to all those who spent tons of credits, mats, forma and time to build the dojo and its weapons.

Please DE show some consistency !

Tired of all the bitterness here.  They already said soma will probably get some kind of minor nerf and a much higher mastery rank.

This is all a moot discussion until we know the full extent of the changes in the damage model update anyways.

Interesting...

Went to test with Naeglar with my Volt using my 3x Forma Soma, all mods maxed 19k dps setup, definately took longer than 2 seconds. Didn't take video but I would estimate around 4-6 seconds.

Edit: Went to test again with 5x Forma Supra, that 14k elemental setup, yeah around 2s. Nice feature(?) indeed. x)

Edit2: At the end of video it says 78% more damage, it is actually 586% more, multiplier of 6,86 to original damage.

As an example: from 13,1s => double the DPS => time halves to 6,55s => Quadruble dps => time halves again 3,275 and we are still not at 2s mark. So simply divide 13,15 with 1,197.

Edited by Patzer

Around when U8 came out, Pwnatron started his datamining and released the stats for all the clan weapons.  I made a thread talking about the various changes and the first phrase I used to describe the Supra was "Holy OP Batman!"

Fact was, on paper it dwarfed every other gun (the released stats didn't note just how powerful the Acrid DoT would be).  This was at a time when it still seemed like DE was going for sidegrades instead of upgrades.  When people started using it, they found out quickly it was immensely powerful.  Not for everyone of course, but it was still a very good weapon and many liked it.

The Supra lost its edge when enemy levels were practically doubled.  It does bullet type damage and without criticals to accentuate AP damage like the Soma, it simply can't punch through enemy armor and just doesn't put out as much oomph as it used to.

Does this mean the Supra needs a buff?  Well, no, not yet anyways.  Armor 2.0 is coming and with it, you should see a dramatic increase in its relative power simply because it won't have to burn through so much armor anymore.  That is the whole reason it needs love.  If Armor 2.0 weren't coming, I'd say it very well could use a buff.  And for the record, I'm not claiming that it won't need one after armor gets overhauled, but we should see where the armor change takes us first.

Regarding the Soma, My stance was and will continue to be to make it gratuitously expensive and make it mastery 8, giving non-clan players something to play with.  The Soma is basically the Gorgon Mk II (I'm referring to the fact that there was once a time when everyone ran around with Gorgons).

Well I've been making some maths and it seems that Soma has even more damage per bullet than the synapse...  also soma has more fire rate... you should compare soma and synapse not soma and supra... supra- gorgon, soma - synapse

Given its stats and description, the Synapse sounds a lot more like a lightning-elemental version of the Flux Rifle/Ignis than a traditional gun.  That 125 is its base DPS (probably not accounting for crits).

Tired of all the bitterness here.  They already said soma will probably get some kind of minor nerf and a much higher mastery rank.

This is all a moot discussion until we know the full extent of the changes in the damage model update anyways.

I believe you fail to see the point here ... You can't keep on saying "let's see what happens when armor 2.0 get implemented but until then let's hush".

People can only give feedback about the game on its present state, not how it will be. And DE needs to be more consistent in power vs cost when they make new weapons. Doesn't matter what armor build it is. I'm not bitter at all, i'm still having tons of fun with this game. If I didn't think coming on the forums and speaking out could make a difference I wouldn't be here. But DE showed us many times that it can make a difference, so I participate by providing my feedback and opinion. It's easy to criticize others and act all righteous, it's another thing to provide unbiased and consistent feedback about the game.

Don't shoot the messenger ; )

This "bitterness" is really called critical thinking. Also it's this "bitterness" that got us 50 free plat yesterday :P

I believe you fail to see the point here ... You can't keep on saying "let's see what happens when armor 2.0 get implemented but until then let's hush".

People can only give feedback about the game on its present state, not how it will be. And DE needs to be more consistent in power vs cost when they make new weapons. Doesn't matter what armor build it is. I'm not bitter at all, i'm still having tons of fun with this game. If I didn't think coming on the forums and speaking out could make a difference I wouldn't be here. But DE showed us many times that it can make a difference, so I participate by providing my feedback and opinion. It's easy to criticize others and act all righteous, it's another thing to provide unbiased and consistent feedback about the game.

Don't shoot the messenger ; )

This "bitterness" is really called critical thinking. Also it's this "bitterness" that got us 50 free plat yesterday :P

Supra was perfectly decent until the level hike (and thus armor hike).  Just about the only people that complained about it were those who couldn't lead with it.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Supra was perfectly decent until the level hike (and thus armor hike).  The only people that complained about it were those who couldn't lead with it.

My grip with supra is it overlaps far too much with shotguns, and it is more effective just spam a hit-scan shotgun to do area of effect damage within the range of 5-15 meters. Beyond 10 meter, the accuracy of the supra coupled with it's spread lowers it's DPS dramatically.

The bullets speed of supra is currently 40 and is lower than a boltor's 65. A supra easy of use would go up dramatically if it just had the same speed as ALL other bolt weapons that are an easy to use 65.

My grip with supra is it overlaps far too much with shotguns, and it is more effective just spam a hit-scan shotgun to do area of effect damage within the range of 5-15 meters. Beyond 10 meter, the accuracy of the supra coupled with it's spread lowers it's DPS dramatically.

The bullets speed of supra is currently 40 and is lower than a boltor's 65. A supra easy of use would go up dramatically if it just had the same speed as ALL other bolt weapons that are an easy to use 65.

Personally, I'd rather it be differentiated by dealing laser damage like the Dera and laser doing something special aside from being able to headshot Corpus.