Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chat error 10054 after router change

German

Question

Hi
So since I got a new router 2 weeks ago, I've been getting constant chat disconnects with error 10054. Chat reconnects when I type a message, sometimes no other error for hours, sometimes a minute later the next.
The router is pretty much the same model except it has 2 LAN ports instead of 4. Same settings too.

Correct ports are open on both IPv4 and IPv6, UPnP on (also tried off ingame), am using static IP adress for my PC, IPv6 option presumably fixed it for one whole day until the issue reappeared.
Yesterday it disconnected me about 8 times in an hour.
According to a dev's forum post, they added IPv6 chat support to circumvent the root of the problem entirely, but as stated this did not fix it for more than a day. And i definitely have a public IPv6 prefix, not just local.

Have any of you experienced that issue and do you know anything that might help out?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

I have had this and support has told me its some application thats running that is conflicting with warframe. I have tried finding what application it has been but I have not found. It was months ago that I tried finding out and all i did find is that when disabling all non-microsoft services it doesnt show up(or that how I remember it being) then i tried disabling all services that I could think of would have conflict with the game, and after many testing I grew annoyed as I had ran about 5-6 tests for services i did not really need to be active all the time so I just gave up and I didn t want to disable something I did need so it has been going on for about 10 months now. My chat does work somewhat but for me its not a big deal as I mainly need trade chat since my clan is mostly dead.

vor 58 Minuten schrieb Lazarow:

It was months ago that I tried finding out and all i did find is that when disabling all non-microsoft services it doesnt show up(or that how I remember it being) then i tried disabling all services...

Services huh?

We could try this from an old microsoft manual hotfix:

Might work who knows.

Press the windows button on your desktop and search for "run" / or press WIN+R
Then search for regedit. Then you got to find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters

Right-click the Parameters registry subkey, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.

Rename the new registry entry to TdxPrematureConnectIndDisabled and set the value to 1

Then restart your PC to apply the changes.

This disables something windows does in specific cases with TCP connections, it can trigger error 10054 on a variety of apps in some cases.

Edited by German

1 hour ago, German said:

Have any of you experienced that issue and do you know anything that might help out?

Had this issue, found one of my lovely mobile devices was messing with the IP my PC was on. PC's IP got changed after cleaning it and plugged the Ethernet into a different slot. Changed it back to the correct static ip out of the lower range 20+ and it went away. Changing the IP to something new can help for other reason. Also check port-forwarding. Can always help.

Edited by Zelmen

1 hour ago, German said:

Services huh?

We could try this from an old microsoft manual hotfix:

Might work who knows.

Press the windows button on your desktop and search for "run" / or press WIN+R
Then search for regedit. Then you got to find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters

Right-click the Parameters registry subkey, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.

Rename the new registry entry to TdxPrematureConnectIndDisabled and set the value to 1

Then restart your PC to apply the changes.

This disables something windows does in specific cases with TCP connections, it can trigger error 10054 on a variety of apps in some cases.

Tell me how its ends up Im not confident to edit those windows thingies on my own as idk what they do

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Zelmen:

Had this issue, found one of my lovely mobile devices was messing with the IP my PC was on. PC's IP got changed after cleaning it and plugged the Ethernet into a different slot. Changed it back to the correct static ip out of the lower range 20+ and it went away. Changing the IP to something new can help for other reason. Also check port-forwarding. Can always help.

Changing IP from .219 to .12 worked.. for a couple hours. Booted up the game again after dinner and it starts disconnecting again on the first mission I play 😕

IP is still at .12 aswell so at least it didn't change back like it used to.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Lazarow:

Tell me how its ends up Im not confident to edit those windows thingies on my own as idk what they do

Will try it now.

Edited by German

Am 19.7.2019 um 16:51 schrieb Lazarow:

Didn't work for me. It's always Warframe that has weird #*!%ing issues.... really annoying.

Update: it only dced me once since yesterday so at least there is that.

Edited by German

I was struggling with the 10054 error for a bit after getting a new router too. I did all the recommended fixes and nothing was working. I then remembered I was using the Steam client. Once I did the recommended port forwarding for Steam I stopped getting the error.

Am 3.8.2019 um 00:39 schrieb Crewell:

I was struggling with the 10054 error for a bit after getting a new router too. I did all the recommended fixes and nothing was working. I then remembered I was using the Steam client. Once I did the recommended port forwarding for Steam I stopped getting the error.

I'll try that, thanks.