The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

PS3 Controller Problems on PC

Berzerkules

So I just started playing this game a few days ago and enjoy it so far. Only real complaint is that playing with a controller on pc is just wonky at times. For example I am regularly just moving through the mission and I randomly use my abilities. Normally i have to hit R1+circle, square, triangle, or x to use an ability. The only button i am pushing are the left joystick, R1 and x to bullet jump/roll. Other times the consumables thing pops up for no reason. I have that bound to up on the Dpad. There is no way I could possible hit the up button with my thumb on the left  joystick and pointer finger on L1. Sometimes I randomly get stuck crouching and can't move or attack.  It's just a few little things that add up and make it a nearly unplayable game at times.  It sucks. I am having a lot of fun playing this game until I use all my energy while just moving to the next pack am left with no energy when I need it. Or I'm in the middle of combat and my consumable screen pops up and I'm stuck just standing in the middle of a pack taking damage for no reason. Or i'm mid combo and i crouch and again get stuck just standing there. 

I'm Sure this could all be fixed if I just used a keyboard/mouse. Only problem is My ring finger on my keyboard hand got injured at work and wasd is really not an option for me. I'm kind of just wondering if anyone else has problems with using a controller on pc and if there is anything I can do to fix this problem. What is weird is that it's not all the time. I can play for hours and have no problems then all of a sudden every few seconds everything gets wonky and I have to just stop playing. 

Anyways thanks for listening to this little rant of mine. Hope I can figure something out and get back to enjoying this game. 

I can suggest two things:

1. Using third party software for your controller. PS controllers don’t get the best support on PC anyway. I remember my friend had to use third party software to make his PS3 controller work properly with Warframe.
  2. Buy an Xbox controller (360 or one). These have complete plug and play compatibility with Windows operating systems.
Edited by krc473

22 hours ago, krc473 said:

I can suggest two things:

1. Using third party software for your controller. PS controllers don’t get the best support on PC anyway. I remember my friend had to use third party software to make his PS3 controller work properly with Warframe.
  2. Buy an Xbox controller (360 or one). These have complete plug and play compatibility with Windows operating systems.

You wouldn't happen to know what third party software your friend used would you?

2 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

You wouldn't happen to know what third party software your friend used would you?

I’m afraid not. It was one of the better rated free ones. I seem to recall something about the way a PS controller works is different to Xbox, and Microsoft only wanted native support for their own product. 

I had a look to see if I could find a name, I couldn’t. I did find a guide on Steam that apparently works, it is old and I cannot test it. So I cannot promise you will have any luck. There does seem to be a lot of guides that may help, but as PS3 is older, they might be outdated.

Edited by krc473