The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a fast and accurate pistol to compliment the Orvius

Ashiix

Question

Hi, first time poster here. I just got the Orvius and been dual-wielding it with my Pandero and Volt Prime, and am getting huge damage numbers, not to mention it looks sick as hell. I'm wondering if there's a faster shooting (Pandero excels here), and highly accurate (Pandero also excels here) pistol that has a burst fire secondary fire. Pretty much the Pandero but better. Am I already using the best weapon, or is there something that would be even better?

All help would be appreciated!

8 answers to this question

To my knowledge, the only other pistol that lets you dump your magazine with an alternate rapid-fire mode is Cyanex, which probably isn’t what you’re looking for as its regular firing mode shoots much slower and its shots being comparatively slower-moving homing projectiles rather then bullets. So yeah, assuming you’re only looking for a gun that fits the criteria you listed then you’re pretty much using the best tool for your tastes.

I would note that Cyanex is great for proccing status effects for Condition Overload melee weapons, so I’d give it a shot if you’re using a build like that for your Orvius.

Edited by FrostPrime

2 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

To my knowledge, the only other pistol that lets you dump your magazine with an alternate rapid-fire mode is Cyanex, which probably isn’t what you’re looking for as its regular firing mode shoots much slower and its shots being slower homing projectiles rather then bullets. So yeah, assuming you’re only looking for a gun that fits the criteria you listed then you’re pretty much using the best tool for your tastes.

I would note that Cyanex is great for proccing status effects for Condition Overload melee weapons, so I’d give it a shot if you’re using a build like that for your Orvius.

I haven't thought about that build, but it sounds really cool. I'll work on making one. I could burst fire an enemy then charge in and melee.

If I deal minimal damage, but proc a bunch of different effects, that'd be really good to then just throw a disc and proceed to melee.

Edited by Ashiix

u generally want something that can procc a lot of status quickly to support condition overload but that doesnt depend on fire rate alone.

u could try the Tysis or anything with an innate dual element and high status chance which makes up for a lack in fire rate with a lot of proccs due to projectile count/status chance. tysis has basic IPS now and innate corrosive which means u could easily go for 100% sc and viral/rad/corr +IPS proccs.

alternatively for AoE proccs cyanex's primary fire is quite good since every projectile can basically hit 2 enemies due to the bounce. downside: bad for headshots with its primary (nigh impossilble to headshot on purpose) and focusing 1 target within a group is quite difficult. alt fire is basically the same as pandero in essence but u trade gas for slash which is bad for CO since gas counts as 2 proccs, even if only shortly. the primary is the more important part though.

the Hystrix is another option u have since it has forced proccs u can cycle through which means u can always go for IPS +corr/heat and toxin for example, toxin being applied by force due to hystrix's special feature but u could as well change that combination of 2x single elemental proccs.

lastly there is Zakti with its gas proccs, basically the same as cyanex primary fire but overall less AoE so personally i wouldnt see a good reason to use zakti over cyanex aside of the headshot issue, which is less important on a status deliver service.

i think these are ur only options to improve on any weapon which is remotely comparable to pandero in terms of status application speed.

here are wiki links for ur convenience

Cyanex Hystrix Tysis Zakti

Edited by Xydeth

vor 6 Stunden schrieb hooperinius:

You want the Nukor or atomos to put a bunch of status on enemies then hit them with condition overload orvius

both are limited to 3 types of proccs which doesnt make them any better than what he already uses, worse actually.

The Quatz, which was released a couple days ago, does a similar thing. When zoomed out it fires extremely quickly, but when zoomed in it fires 4 shots at once in a slower firing, higher damage mode. I'd recommend giving it a try, the blueprint is in the market and it's pretty easy to craft.

11 hours ago, Ashiix said:

Hi, first time poster here. I just got the Orvius and been dual-wielding it with my Pandero and Volt Prime, and am getting huge damage numbers, not to mention it looks sick as hell. I'm wondering if there's a faster shooting (Pandero excels here), and highly accurate (Pandero also excels here) pistol that has a burst fire secondary fire. Pretty much the Pandero but better. Am I already using the best weapon, or is there something that would be even better?

All help would be appreciated!

I wouldn't call the Pandero accurate with it's burst fire, but if you're looking for a similar feeling with good damage numbers coming out you could give the Pyrana Prime a try. It will behave in the same way as the burst fire from the Pandero while being more accurate at it, albeit lacking single bullet high accuracy mode.

Alternatively, the Euphona Prime is there with it's general high damage primary and shotgun pellet alt fire. The weapon is difficult as hell to use, but seeing as you enjoy the Pandero you might pull it off. 

Lastly, you could also consider Rattleguts Kitgun which will give you the accuracy of single shot fire and the burst of the Pandero all in a single package. If you'll be throwing a disk at the same time, this might be a good option to proc extra stats for Condition Overload.