Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More organic bounties

twibs

I can see the million little things that Orb Vallis has improved upon the Plains, but one idea struck me.

When you start doing a bounty stage, you pretty much know how it's going to go. Defend the wheelie, cap X amount of crates. What if certain bounties had a X amount of chance to differ from the expected.

Let's take an example from the Coil Drive Hack. Simple enough, defend the obstacle. What if there was a 10 or 15 or 25% with each time your on the mission for something to go wrong? Nothing major, just a little fluctuation in the story.

Examples:

1. The target is booby trapped, forcing the players to flee to a certain distance

2. Corpus is initiating counter hack, requiring the players to hack the target again in certain time.

3. Corpus sends a kill squad, scrap objective and exterminate all.

4. Power failure, provide power from your frame like in Hijack.

5. Corpus sends Coil Drive/Dropship on a crash course. Focus fire the thing down or it causes big damage.

6. Orbital bombardment. Take cover.

Just to name a few. Something to twist our socks and make the bounties feel more alive. Sure some might enjoy the laid back feel or just grinding it out. Don't know. Just my idea.

• Like 2

so like the "Ignore your original objective" in capture missions, sure as long as its still within the area of the original bounty or close(up to 300m) cause running to another objective 600+meters away feels like another bounty stage and frustrating

• Like 1